Game Update 04: Coming soon!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arreo

Oh hells yeah, I'm loving everything about this update.

Thank you Higby for coming into these forums and letting us know!!!
    • Up x 3
  2. Dovahkiin

Wow! This is arguably the best update yet. It will definitely make the game so much better. Now the biggest prioirty you should have is discouraging people from choosing TR as their faction seeing as TR is sooooooo overpopulated compared to Vanu.

Should NEVER be implemented
    • Up x 10
  3. Quovatis

Phoenix? Nooooo. That was the lamest weapon in PS1 and was hoping it wouldn't make a return in PS2 (at least in the same mechanic). Now the NC just have to sit in the spawnroom and every vehicle in a radius of 200m will be dead, even if they don't have line-of-sight. Please make it work differently so that enemy vehicles at least have a chance to hit what's hitting them.
    • Up x 4
  4. Sifer2

That's my fear as well. Striker will also be OP if you can dumbfire spam it indoors. It will also suck if it's affected by IR smoke/Flares as that will leave TR without a comparable ES long range launcher that doesn't give lock on warning.
  5. dirtYbird

Word of the Day:

CADENCE
    ca·dence (k[IMG]d[IMG]ns)
    n. pl. ca·denc·es
    1. Balanced, rhythmic flow, as of poetry or oratory.
    2. The measure or beat of movement, as in dancing or marching.
    a. A falling inflection of the voice, as at the end of a sentence.
    b. General inflection or modulation of the voice.
    4. Music A progression of chords moving to a harmonic close, point of rest, or sense of resolution

• Up x 1
  6. Natir

Any reason why my unlocked weapons for TR cannot be unlocked as well for the other faction variant?
    • Up x 6
  7. Fernbhoy

u forgot

[IMG]
    • Up x 7
  8. Baleur

I mean the problem is that you introduce so many new anti-armor options, but you nerf armor at the same time!
    It is the same old mistakes that were made with air previously, where buffs to one side and nerfs on the other side happened at the same time.

If you introduce new methods of dispatching armor, you can't nerf armor at the same time. You need to chill out and see how the dynamic of battle changes with the new weapons.

It would be like introducing new shotguns while lowering base infantry health?
    You don't introduce new weapons while nerfing the recieving end at the same time..
    Big balance nono.
    • Up x 31
  9. PeanutMF

I'm apprehensive about the vehicle changes against infantry along with the addition of the new anti vehicle weapons.

Although I spend most of my time playing infantry, tanks needs to stay relevant.
    • Up x 15
  10. NameForForum

NC - Phoenix!!!!
    YEAH!
    • Up x 1
  11. RaTzo

Why on Earth do you guys think that vehicles shouldn't be a threat to infantry? TWO heavy tank rounds to kill an infantry!?! lol... do you know what this means? It means that if you're alone in a Prowler that infantry with C4 will almost always be able to run up to you and blow you up.

So now even heavy tanks will have to run away from single infantry... nice work...

Splash damage reduced on all vehicle rounds against infantry... yay... so in an ESF we have to get within 150 meters to be able to see an infantry... it already takes 4-8 rockets to kill an infantry how many will it take now?? How much time does the paper ESF have to spend over a group of infantry with rockets, lock-on rockets, AA turrets on every vehicle, Burster Maxes... DONT YOU THINK THEY ALREADY HAVE ENOUGH PROTECTION FROM THE EVIL ESFS?
    You know the universe already has COD right? How about you make a Quake 3 clone and everyone will be happy..
    • Up x 16
  12. Higby Developer

Yes, it means that Prowlers will have to reload between each infantry kill, just like the other MBTs, instead of after every 2nd infantry kill.
    • Up x 45
  13. TheBloodEagle

Congrats on NC & VS getting unique and very effective launchers while the TR get a hand held AV turret.. NC are going to PWN all the tanks while they sit behind ridges, hills and buildings hitting tanks in the rear and hitting infantry. VS can SNIPE tanks & infantry and can measure how much damage to do based on their exposure/situation. I feel like the TR are getting shafted. I know it's based on PS1 but in this situation (how gameplay is) I feel like we aren't getting a good deal.
    • Up x 4
  14. Quovatis

I can see it now. 30 NC sitting in the safety of a spawnroom with phoenixes, 1-shotting every infantry within 200m. Can't wait...

I thought we were going to get rid of the lame things from PS1 and keep the good.
    • Up x 9
  15. Torok

16. Higby Developer

• Up x 9
  17. Xuerian

Everything in this patch is great, except for /one/ item.

Note: This bit could use more clarification, so assuming I'm wrong in my ranting, just let me know. Not trying to bash, just trying to have fun with the game and give you guys more money =)

Until we get more character slots, this really bones over people who roll NC+TR+V.

I've spent around 100$ on this game, and plan to spend more, but..
    Having to re-purchase equivalent weapons on other factions is not going to make me spend even more.

We already know what equivalents are, and if you want to exclude unique weapons like the Lasher or Jackhammer, or perhaps the upcoming AV heavy weapons, that's great. But there are many weapons that are almost exactly the same which should be unlocked cross-faction. Examples: ESF rocket pods. Same role, almost exactly the same functionality. ESF rotaries. Battle rifles. Semi and full auto shotguns. Most carbines. Even Heavys' current faction launchers. Really, most things that go on sale together.

Look at it this way: I will buy even more stuff if equivalent non-common-pool weapons are unlocked, because I'll be enjoying /playing/ so much that I'll be buying camo and cosmetic items all day. Go check the League of Legends model: They don't double dip on similar items, have tons of unique cosmetic stuff that people regularly unload 5-15$ a pop on. Yes, champions unlock one by one, but they're also all much more different than the others compared to RoF or clip size adjustments on guns.

TL;DR: You're freaking awesome SOE, great patch. But let's make a deal, you unlock all -similar- weapons and I'll buy loads of cosmetic stuff since I'm having fun playing.
    • Up x 18
  18. Ghodere

To be fair, from the way Higby worded it we have no idea what the result on Prowler splash will be. What was said would be true if they just reduced the splash to 999, for instance.

I also really, really hope you guys know what you're doing with a camera-guided Phoenix.
    • Up x 1
  19. Quovatis

The Striker will have an insane DPS, much higher than the standard launchers. I'd wait to complain about it. The Phoenix sounds horrible though (as in OP).
  20. RaTzo

If the game didn't run at 17FPS I might be OK with the fact that you SOLD US a game that focused on combined arms and in which vehicles were relavent and vital to the success of your team and NOW have given us COD on 64KM maps because it would still be enjoyable to run and gun.

Truth is if I want to run and gun BF3 is a FAR better shooter, that is just as pretty and runs like silk on machines like mine.

I'm completely confused by what you guys are doing... I love the game, and love playing with my outfit. But I'm averaging around 11 kills an hour now in my ESF... what will it be after this update 5? What's the point?
    • Up x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.