TR - Soltec - Mattherson. What to Expect?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bryony, Feb 22, 2013.

1. DeadOnArrival

Yeah, tonight was pretty epic. We (TE) were jumping around like crazy as you had people going everywhere! We let NS Salvage Yard go, and I think that was our downfall (As we all learned post GU2) THAT is almost impossible to take if it is the last territory you own. (only 1 little hex we can use to get in, no way to flank or maneuver in there) Still, it was a good fight.
    • Up x 1
  2. Ormadil

Allow me to give you a rough but inbiased look at the Mattherson set up amongst the outfits. I will write this out in about general equality. At the top of the list, will be the faction heavy hitters.

TR:
    TE-A large, heavy hitting outfit that uses force of numbers, wether it is infantry, armor, or air, coupled with rapid redeployment, to crush whatever the target is.
    AOD, BONK- Two smaller, highly skilled infantry outfits that use superior tactics and highly capable players to take the target.
    BWC- Also a infantry outfit, however, special consideration must be noted if they grab air. In such a case, please lock yourself in the nearest bunker, and then shoot yourself. It will hurt less.

NC:
    GOON- A large, heavy hitting infantry outfit. While not able to field troops on the scale of TE, they are still highly capable of drowning you in infantry and tanks.
    TAS- A smaller outfit, but still quite capable infantry. Special note is to given to their armored and air assets.

VS:
    AT- Highly capable high profile-high threat outfit. Focuses on MAX units and armor columns, with considerable air assets as well.
    TEST- Large infantry outfit. While not as organized, they do boast considerable experience in holding actions as well as causing havok on ignored flanks.
    GOTR- Smaller, but well trained outfit. Always have a tendency to come where least expected for massive results.
    BBRO, NNG, GOKU, RGQT- Smaller but highly organized and capable outfits that often work together towards group objectives. Do not leave them breathing room or any suitably defensible areas, or you will regret it.
    • Up x 1
  3. {joer

I think old Chesty would want to work on KD ratio too ;)

He was big on the idea of elite troops.
    • Up x 2
  4. Vertabrae

He was and he wasn't. He thought Marines were elite troops. But he hated the idea of the Marine Raider Battalions. The elite within the elite. He would never have approved of Marine Force One Recon. Or the Seals. Stuff like that. For all his "gung ho" attitude, he hated losing troops. Kill the enemy yes, but don't die doing it.

Having said that though, I remember reading about him going to a parade of Confederate veterans. He saw 10,000 ex rebels marching and wondered why the Confederacy surrendered when there were so many left able to fight. He claimed he wouldn't have surrendered until everyone was dead.
  5. Thardus

TE can be beat. You just have to have an organized and flexible force that isn't too heavily outnumbered by them. Both GotR and AT fit that bill, though granted it's usually only on their raid nights.
    • Up x 2
  6. Thardus

I love how VS has so many notable outfits mentioned. I remember someone asking about the three factions on Mattherson, and one of the responses was that the VS were "frighteningly organized".
    • Up x 1
  7. omgBAMF

Contrary to what some ignorant people have said, TE often works with the other TR outfits on Mattherson. ULTRA (http://www.ps2ultra.com/ ... http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/Alliance:ULTRA) is a coalition of TR outfits that work together on an almost nightly basis. This is the reason for the big fights tonight against the NC that pushed them back to their warpgate. Working together and utilizing each outfits' strengths, we can make the map change color. TE is mostly used as the hammer of ULTRA, moving around to where the most troops are needed, while other smaller outfits can be freed up to take adjacent territories and gain influence for TE's large assaults. It's all coordinated between the outfits' leaders so everyone knows what their roles are.

Don't always believe what the haters say.
    • Up x 6
  8. Ludorious

I don;t think you'll find yourself outnumbered. The Enclave, when running their ops, have a routine of swarming whatever objective they set their sights on.

It seems like Whiskey Company would get along well with Black Widow Company. I'm a diehard NC player, but BWC seems like one of the few genuinely tactically competent and honorable TR outfits on Mattherson that can get the job done with raw skill over abuse of overwhelming numbers or "creative use of game mechanics."
    • Up x 1
  9. Vindrel

NC SolTech member of a dead outfit that sees 2 or 3 guys on at the same time. Personally I'd rather be merged with Jaeger and I would have kept the server name SolTech, but whatcha gonna do? Off the top of my head NC10, AACE, and 127/137 what ever number that outfit is called are some of the bigger players on SolTech NC. I suppose I should get to learn the NC outfits on Mattherson.
    • Up x 1
  10. Ormadil

To be honest, thats mainly because I play VS, and you can't expect someone who doesn't really play TR or NC to be able to list every single outfit on the server. I merely listed those outfits that appear to cause the most public effect. For every 1 outfit on that list that works gloriously to great effect, there are 5 unsung outfits behind them that do more without public acknowledgement.
    • Up x 1
  11. Nihil

As a member of Ghosts of the Revolution, we're flattered by this thread.

We get worried when TE arrives on the scene. You guys can push serious iron. We usually call for reinforcements when we see that tag. Sorry that your bad apples sour your reputation.

Props to BWC and GOON as well.

<recruitment pitch>
    GotR fields between 120 and 150 on our big raid nights. Each member is in a division and unit, unit being the company grade/tactical level. Each unit has a TS channel, the leaders of each report to a Division Commander and to the Raid Leader, usually Robocpf1. Most officers can hear and talk to each other. We're a casual group (not e-sport) so we're not SWAT team in our tactics, but yeah, there's a plan. We're usually not in the same place... for a reason. Especially my spec ops guys, we're all over the place. Infantry and armor tend to move together.

Our organization is based on The Pillars:
    http://gotr.us/page/pillars.html

We're not the biggest or the 1337ist and we don't want to be. We want to have fun playing together. You can have a lousy KD (guilty) or be a terribad pilot/driver (guilty), but if you can abide by the Pillars you're welcome to join us. We have a presence in many other Massives as well.

We also have positive relationships with other VS outfits. If we're not your cup of tea, we'll still be glad to fight beside you.

GotR.us
    There are tons of videos by our guys on YT. Give 'em a watch.
    </recruitment pitch>
    • Up x 2
  12. TehBenju

As a VS on Mattherson, i will also give you the idea

1. We rlly do almost all of us think poorly of BCP the man, we think he's a terrible human being. TE the outfit however is very large, fairly organized, and has many good members. They turn a fight through sheer numbers more than through well thought tactics, but with 1800 members and 3 platoons almost every night, they can USUALLY get away with it. And they at least bring the fight, they don't run when they think they can't win, they just come back differently and try something new (liberator sky, mossy rush, steel rain, gal drops, stealth sunderers, etc)

2. NC were nearly irrelevant until the WG rotation, GOON used to be their only large force, and SG were the primary small band of elite raiders. Now they seem to be regaining their composure and new outfits are stepping up to fill the gaps. TAS and BL are two of those. NC will greatly benefit from the merger, as long as people don't get all absorbed into GOON.

3. TR as a whole has some great other outfits than TE that will benefit from having a larger player base to drawn on. BWC is honestly not given enough credit for how good they are, because they tend to get rolled over by much larger forces. When ever i see them in an even fight though, they give a fight like you wouldn't believe, i hope these guys manage to grow in strength and get the reputation they deserve. TR needs more midsized outfits to fill the gap between TE and the small bands that feel irrelevant, and it looks like SOL-TECH TR will fill that gap nicely

3. VS is a very coordinated force. All of the major VS outfits coordinate and have liason officers. The coordination shows on the battlefield when we all form up and push out. The problem right now is the combined magrider nerf with the WG rotation has left us very bottled on Indar, but whenever we push the other continents we steamroll. Whenever we push out in force on Indar though we throw well above our weightclass, but we just aren't as active as some of the other empires (running fewer coordinated raids per week) The influx of recruits will either force new groups to form, or to push up the recruiting for VS and allow us to be more active.
    • Up x 1
  13. Pat Cleburne

I for one am very excited about this merger. I expect some epic fights are soon to be incoming.
    • Up x 1
  14. Quiles

WOOO go DL/Shades! (Yay for major bias!)

Regardless. I think no matter what play style you have there will be a good VS outfit on Mattherson for you (if you don't already have one) depending on how organized and serious vs casual and chaotic you want.
    • Up x 1
  15. Badname2490

Pretty much...this game is perfect for those of the Ork mentality "YER MUCKIN ABOUT' GET TO FIGHTIN'!" and the merge will definitely increase the chances of big fights the "massive combat" PS2 preaches.
  16. Dr.Destro229

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH get to killing dem red boyz!
  17. EliteEskimo

BCP used to be all about soloing with TE, but he does coordinate with AOD, BWC, WOLV, and others now on command chat from time to time. It's very productive for Mattherson TR, because while BWC, AOD, WOLV, ect may not have the mind numbing numbers that TE does, we all have at least 1 if not 2 very organized platoons per outfit. Besides, even 1 organized platoon can make all the difference in large battle.
    • Up x 1
  18. Sian

It's not just you. If GOTR wants a fight with the NC, we generally have to go looking for it. My kill stats are about 60% TR 40% NC.
    • Up x 1
  19. robo

This made my day, I love the Battle Gal.
    • Up x 2
  20. Erik

Ha, last thing I expect to see here was a Chesty Puller reference.
    • Up x 1