As well as the other problems, crap flying everywhere.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by LordMondando, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Muffinz

might want to try this guys:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/asu...-game-timing-problem-g60jx-2.html#post7364805

Basically open up CDM as an administrator (Right click cmd, Run as admin) for the latter and type in or paste: bcdedit /set useplatformclock true

Then restart your computer.

To reverse the process, in case this doesn't seem to fix anything, type in: bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock
    and reset the computer.

----
    Adding SampleRate=44100 into userconfig.ini, under [Sound]. Add that to the bottom and it should give you a lil more performance.

You might also want to try out ultra settings.

Anyway, I've gone through much crap with all this latency/stuttering ********. And I will not go easy on the swear words, im sorry beforehand.
    - I've formatted, doublechecked newest driver versions. Ran CPU Unparking, Large Address Aware(which is kinda useless if you are running on 64bit OS.). Ive lowered my graphic driver/graphic settings (Not ingame settings). I've overclocked my CPU to ******** levels. I've had MSI Afterburner with my 660 Ti.

I don't know where the list ends honestly.

But I've seen some major improvement with just adding that lil command line into an elevated cmd (Using it as an Admin).
    Makes movement of enemies much smoother.
  2. codeForge

Just wanted to let you guys know we are still working on the problem. Why did we put out a patch and hotfix without fixing the problem? Because we have lots of things being worked on while we work on this problem. If you are flying in a plane, and the bathroom stops working, and you really need to go to the bathroom, that is a VERY VERY important problem to you, but you may not then expect every employee of the plane to stop what they are doing to fix the bathroom. Same. Our terrain artists are not going to be very effective in debugging network issues.

Does anyone encounter this problem while nowhere near a bunch of people? Like just out at a small remote outpost with one or two guys around?
    • Up x 4
  3. LordMondando

I think you have to define a 'bunch', I cerintatly saw it with as little as 6/12 player entities warping around. It was near omnipresent for me once I left the warpgate. Again, its hard to really go beyond annecdotal evidence here. I remeber being in a base with 5 people on NC and maybe 3 TR fighting and seeing a reaver overhead warping around as if it was desynced comparative to my client.

The important thing to note here is it was so random, it might have been the case you'd come across an entire outfit galdropping not warping, for a full 15 minutes and think things were fine, then go back to at least half of every player entity warping.

I appeared to have fixed it now, and whatever it is both a downclock and (as i've not done it and overclocked') bcdedit /set useplatformclock true works.

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/desync-issues-and-work-arounds.95695/

Two different work arounds, both working, significant reports of a forcing of an OC via the bios working.

Seems significant.
  4. codeForge

Yeah I'll be honest, when I first heard the OC fix I thought "No way, man" but I'm not stubborn enough to miss a pattern. We've got people checking into reproducing what you're seeing. We'll get it nailed down, it's just being a pain in the rump.
    • Up x 5
  5. LordMondando

I know, its very lol wut?

Also please fix whatever in tracking players is killing my fps atm then i'll start belching cash at you again.

I manged to fix it with the platform clock fix, and now have oc back at 4.57, but its still ruining the games of a lot of players. For them I feel.
  6. McCainSmaashh

Well, I am getting an FPS stutter as well. It is really irritating. I did get a noticable performance boost when not stuttering but I can go from like 60 fps to 11-15 and then back up and then down while in combat. Stuttering occurs even while not in heavy combat.

Running settings on low.

AMD x4 965 BE
    ati 5770
    4g ram
    raptors in raid 0
  7. Galantis

It gets progressively worse as time goes on and the number of people around isn't really a factor. Best way to describe is if you ever got disconnected from the game you'll see people start walking in mid air because your no longer getting positional updates and all the game remembers is certain people were moving in said direction. Now if you add occasional updates between disconnects character would change positions and the game shows you either the character warping to new location or a very fast movement to new location. As time goes on those updates between disconnects get further and further apart.
  8. Miggs

Yes, I have made that happen. Several pages back there is a video of the translocation bug (post #211), I was alone (pretty much) at Xenotech and you can see the minimap showing Regent Rock cap ponts appear when I am over 200m away from that location as I move. It's a lot harder to notice when there are not many allies around though, since the first sign I see is their icons jitter about on the minimap.

It will happen even when using the workarounds if I have a long game session (over 90 minutes at least now if things are busy around me). Trying the "bcdedit /set useplatformclock true" now but still seeing the artefact on occassion.

I used to get sound cues before this in both game voice comms and game sound stutter, but that seems to have vanished for me (not altered game sound options though).

Subsequently tried returning there and intentionally engaged "Turbo mode" here to immediately become de-synched. I have a video of the event, Killed an NC engie (Only wanted to damage him to prove a point but he died) then ran around in front of an NC MAX shooting at magriders who obviously never saw me. Will try again to upload it to YT -(-edit-- YT does not like the file again). Just noticed on watching it again that my sounds (gunfire) seem around a second delayed from the images, might be due to the video not getting terminated correctly when the game froze up, you can see me trying to hit buttons on the menu screen but no response from the game until I exit.

I would have loaded up the video but system crashed (as usual after the artefact has been there for a while on my system) and I did not get the option from within game, that video doesn't show in the available to upload from within game. I have the .avi here, but even that always errors when I try upload to youtube with it.

I think this was after the second hotfix that followed GU02, not tried to initiate the god-mode (other than to see if it was still there) since.
  9. SuperLexatron

From my experience lately:

The desync issue is still there, after 5 minutes it takes 0.5 seconds for my afterburner to start regenning, after 10 minutes it takes 1 second to start regenning and so on and so forth - progressively getting worse HOWEVER crap doesn't seem to be flying all over the place like it did before - not to the extent it used to - still the occasional tank going for a flying session with the Scythes - very odd.

Also it seems like the hit registration bug is back - I cannot tell you how frustrated this makes me. Playing the game for 5-10 minutes at a time being forced to log is one thing, playing for 5-10 minutes finding out you have the hit registration bug is a whole 'nother thing...

Edit: This is now the official 3 week mark btw. I'm starting to see some humour and irony in it at least. It's funny because I have never seen a game-breaking bug last nearly this long in any game I have played, MMO or not. The irony is that I am so pissed off because I love this game so much.
  10. Azord

I know. I would spend may hours and lots of cash on this game if I could. But right now because of this I can't play, my outfit can't use me, and my months membership has been wasted. This is so frustrating! I've scoured multiple forums looking for any solutions, submitted multiple bug reports and support tickets, looking for any way to mitigate some of the damage its done to my gameplay. Will there be any reimbursements?
  11. SuperLexatron

3 weeks ago you said you would fix this 'ASAP' - now you are 'working on the problem' - just curious, does this mean we have another 3 weeks of waiting to do? 3 months? 3 days?
  12. BEcka

I'd say the fix will never come, if at first it was "ASAP", now i see them working on the "player app", on GU3 and GU4, this is not even an objective let alone a priority.

I love the new player stat tracker, now i can see statistically how I didn't play at all for the past 3 weeks (unable to play since game breaking GU2).
  13. Bronchikum

Yes, it happens on any continent independent of the people around us. Even if we are by
    ourselves just running some 1,5km to the outpost over there.
    After my brother logs in and joins squad I watch his mark on my mini map. It's jumping forth and back,
    just a few pixel at first and over time this distance grows. The growth also appears constant over
    time and between sessions and servers. This is a pretty accurate lag-meter for his lag.
    On his side it starts like it should be and after a while he tells me how I'm walking in the air or
    through mountains. When we stand still the mark is not jumping.

As for the PC's I'm playing on it's completely different since I first observed it. On this PC I can't
    recognize any pattern anymore. Ever since I deleted the user options ini it is unpredictable. Just a
    few minutes ago I was playing with nice FPS and with no desync whatsoever.
    Respawned a few times (5 or 6 within the same hex) no sign of lag or desync or anything. I was
    taking down this TR guy and everything worked fine until then (maybe 15 minutes of gameplay, 5
    minutes in combat). He took me down, too. I respawned in a different hex and in the same
    moment I was telling my brother: lag seems fixed for me. I climbed up that hill and fired a
    complete magazine into an infiltrator from point blank range and not a single hit was registered. I
    added: No, it's not fixed and logged off.
    On my older PC where I made a clean install of windows I noticed no lag at first. But since 2 or 3
    days ago I notice tiny jitter of allies on my mini map as well. When I look at them it's stable, as soon as
    they are out of my view cone (horizontally or vertically) it starts immediately again. It doesn't
    seem to increase over time.
    Also, while I was playing on my old PC someone told me I'm warping or rubberbanding, however
    he didn't have the slightest problems killing me several times in a row, even though everything is
    (seems) fine on my end. It's slow FPS but no warping.
  14. Bronchikum

I was lucky enough GU2 happened like half a week before I was going to sink a ton of money into this game and a no refund policy is also not exactly a motivation to spend money on it. But asking can't hurt...
  15. Vaelor

I've seen it with about 6 foot soldiers and 2 fighters cruising around, but not with one or two.

Definitely seems to get more frequent and of longer duration in larger fights. Once you're hitting the infantry render limit, it's guaranteed and can be twice a minute for ten or more seconds each time.

Interestingly, I've also noticed that long-range sniping is much more difficult in large battles now. Even when there is not a noticeable desync occurring, I can line up a perfect headshot in a massive fight and have it register "no hit" or a non-lethal hit. And this is for shots that I watch fly directly into a guy's head while still zoomed in at x12 magnification. This only began to occur on the day that GU3 was released.

Between enemy infantry blinking out of existence and the frequent sky-walking that occurs, large battles are starting to become unplayable exercises in frustration.
  16. Diplocaulus

Desyncing/warping/rubber-banding? Yes, though it would happen when vehicles and infantry reached a certain distance, 100 meters away maybe? Closer than that and the artifact would stop.

FYI, I finally fixed the problem on my system by going into the BIOS and changing Overclocking from Auto to Manual. That's all it took.
  17. Aparition

I flipped through the thread pretty quickly... but, I have seen very minor de-sync when I first log in.
    A few vehicles or players might blink/warp for a moment then all is good.

From what I read of the thread using Software to Overclock the CPU is highly looking like the reason.
    Aside from the fixes listed in the other thread, manually overclocking from BIOS, has anyone turned
    Windows Power Management setting from "Balanced" to "High Performance"?

It could be the Game reading the BIOS incorrectly or having an incompatibility with the Software overclocking thus expecting X speed and receiving Y.
    Setting Windows power management to "High Performance" lessens the idle states of the CPU cores (actually a lot more complex than that). It is my thought that the CPU fluctuating between Core states could be having an affect on the Game.
    If PS2 threads are based on the Core 0 (core1) speed than having the core clock down (for unknown reason) would result in lower FPS and poor Network Chatter. Or what could be happening is the game does not keep the other CPU cores in Sate 0 (full load) and so other CPU cores clock down creating inconsistency.

In Task Manager you can set the number of CPU cores assigned to PS2. Right click the process and select "Affinity". Un-checking the cores removes the assignment. Only assign 1 core to PS2 and see if you get the same issues.
  18. Leroy Jenkens

The solution to your staffing problem is simple. Use staffing services. Temporarily terminate your terrain artists and hire more network debuggers. When the network problem is solved then hire back the terrain people and send the debuggers packing. This way you can keep your labor within budget.
  19. BenYeeHua

If there are the robot, it will works.
    But not with human, you can't hire back the same people.
  20. Leroy Jenkens

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temporary_work

Lots of people work temporary. People work for the same employer off and on all the time. It can be a smart move for for some companies. It would make sense for a this DEV team to source temps/freelancers because their priorities are in a constant state of flux.

You have your small core teams then bring in temps to the teams that need the extra help. Companies do this all the time.