TR - Soltec - Mattherson. What to Expect?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bryony, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Bryony

So after hearing the news of the Soltec - Mattherson merge I'm feeling a little uneasy as I don't know what to expect from the new TR that i'll be sharing a server with. I'll post a little about the Outfit i'm in and the Soltec TR in the hopes that someone from Mattherson will do the same.

I'm an officer in Whiskey company which is a fairly small, but well recognised Outfit on the Soltec server. The larger and more prominent outfits include The Honeybadgers and E911 which I team up with regularly. As a result of the population disadvantage on the Soltec server (We are almost always outnumbered by both NC and Vanu) the TR has become very good at fighting against larger numbers.

The TR on the Soltec server are generally quite a hardy bunch and one thing to note is that the majority of the faction on mic is aged between 17 and 30 (You'll be hard pressed to find anyone younger than that) Team killing is a very rare thing in my outfit and the TR of Soltec in general, except for obvious accidents, fun between friends, during promotion ceremonies and by the occasional Vanu or NC Spy. Random and intentional killing that is simply done to annoy is not accepted and will bring the wrath of the platoon down on the individual.

Whiskey company is a very organised, tightly knit Outfit that has weekly meetings and training sessions for those that want to improve in a particular class or vehicle. We also practice formations in order to make us more effective and a more challenging target. We have a well maintained website in which it is mandatory to join as a part of the Outfit as well as a steam group for contact outside of planetside and when the comms aren't working. We have also grown into a small gaming community as we join together in games such as battlefield, Tera and minecraft in which we have a Tekkit server that anyone in the outfit can have access to.

Please feel free to post about your outfit and how the TR generally behave on Mattherson. I'm also interested to hear your opinions on the merge, I'm certainly going to miss our quiet little server. How evenly split are the factions? and can we expect as much action on Esamir and Amerish as on Indar? For the majority of the time on Soltec they are ghost towns.
    • Up x 2
  2. EvilKoala

TR tactics on Mattherson seem to consist of gathering about 70-80% of the entire TR population into one outfit, deploying them all in one huge zerg and quickly suicide redeploying where needed. When they finally meet another opposing zerg that they can't just steamroll as usual, the ensuing battle delays their redeployment and causes TR to lose territory all over the map.

The addition of more small outfits is more than welcome on Mattherson.
    • Up x 16
  3. MarlboroMan-E

Yeah, we'll look.forward to you coming on board. Here's what you have waiting. Big outfits: Enclave, Validus Gaming, Black Widow Companyand AOD. Enclave runs enormous platoons and because of that frequently win where they fight. That being said, they are often doing their own thing at their leadership's whim and aren't always interested in helping the rest of the empire. VG, BWC and AOD are smaller but can bring large numbers when running ops.
    Smaller outfits are working in throwing together the ULTRA alliance withe dedicated vent, but I'm not sure if it's up and functional yet.

The zerg is pretty frustrating. TKing isn't too too bad, but still frequently chooses to farm a farm rather than hold territory. Game play choices, I won't tell others how to play. Orders is not overused, IMO.

VS opponents: TEST, GOTR, AT as the big ones, NNG and RQGT in the "smaller more skilled" category.
    NC opponents: SG and GOON as the big ones, no NC outfits stand out in my mind as small and skilled.

See you on the battlefield.
    • Up x 4
  4. {joer

My NC is on Matherson and my main is a TR on Soltech. I haven't played the NC very much but last time it was vrs TE and the render distance had to be 10m, no exaggeration.

I'm going to miss Soltech as it was, and I do hope this merge works out.
    • Up x 1
  5. CitizenSoldier

Who cares what you and your mongrel whiskey tangos expect. I'm sure the TR from Soltec are equally as craven as the Matherson ones are. The NC was making policy while you savages were still trying to eat bark. If you want to know more about the Matherson TR, just go find a dog and watch him clean himself.
    • Up x 10
  6. Deathrus

I can tell you one thing.

The biggest outfit on the server is not interested in working with you.

Infact, He will yell over command about how the TR pugs ( anyone that's not in TE) are inept, nitwits and idiots.

This has caused a lot of tension in the Tr itself and the other major outfits ( according to Te don't exist) tend to avoid and not work with The enclave.

Most of the other members in Te feel it's Buzz's way or the highway and agree over with how buzz feels.

I suggest you make friends with AOD,BWC, etc. They seem cool, BCP is a dick when it comes to his own faction.

I can tell you one thing if you guys work together it may make TE rethink their stance. I would love to see Buzz taking orders from the other TR outfits do to the fact their combined strength is more than TEs.

I was hoping Total biscut would get moved over here. BCP AND TBS EGOS WOULD CLASH AND THE VS WOULD BE LAUGHING the entire time.
    • Up x 6
  7. Vertabrae

I play Mattherson TR as well, and while I think we are much better than CitizenSoldier implied here, I have to say his post had me cracking up. Too funny mate :)

EDIT, 20 mins later and I'm still laughing about this.
    • Up x 3
  8. ThundaHawkPS

Totalbiscuit doesnt play Planetside 2 anymore.

Mattherson TR seems to reach 40%+ Indar pop the most frequently and loves attacking Indar Excavation 20 times a day minimum.

Maybe Soltech TR can pick a cont out of Esamir and Amerish and sit there so we can all get off Indar.
    • Up x 3
  9. Bryony

I guess it makes sense that they are combining our servers then. We have majority Vanu and NC coming your way so maybe it'll even things out a little.
  10. Bryony

hahaha yeah, I found myself giggling as well. He gets a thumbs up for putting a smile on my face :D
  11. Deathrus

I am happy for that. You want to know what's funny.

The fact people jumped ship didn't affect the Vs at all.

Outfits always decide the battles the zerg is jsut something we farm until they decide they go farmed enough and rage quit.

So overall the Vs on mattherson haven't been as affected as other servers. Infact it's allowed the major VS outfits to shine a little bit more. Hence why we're often called zergfits. Vs really doesn't have a mindless zerg as the TR and Nc do.

Because you'll see nothing but NNG,AT,TEST,GOTR tags
    • Up x 3
  12. Bryony

Thanks for the heads up.
  13. Deathrus

No problem and goodluck.
  14. Linedan

TR on Mattherson is an interesting study of what happens when one squad or outfit gets dominant over an entire server faction.

The Enclave (TE) is the biggest outfit on Mattherson's TR. They typically run, from what I've seen watching Buzzcutpsycho's stream a few times and being on the receiving end of many of their bullets, at least two to three platoons during the peak of their operations (5-11 pm ET Monday-Friday). On their ops, they like to run infantry and their "foot zergs" of multiple coordinated squads of heavy assaults running (or in many cases bunnyhopping) their way across the sands of Indar are a frequent sight. They're in it for the fight, not for territory capping or resources, and they move around looking for faces to smash in. Say what you will about them rolling in massive groups like women in a bar going to the ladies' room, and BCP's somewhat, ah, "abrasive" command style and TE "not playing the objective," but you'll never see another group that size pick up and move as fast as they do. When Buzz says "go here," they go here and they do it quick. They roll big, they move fast, and they hit hard and then if the fight dries up they go somewhere else looking for it. It's not that uncommon to be capping a TR base with minimal opposition and all of a sudden there's drop pods raining from the sky and heavies spawning by the dozen and our cap force gets cleaned up in seconds. (As somebody who's done raiding in WoW with 25 people, I only wish I could've been able to herd cats as fast as Buzz seems to be able to.)

There are a lot of other TR outfits that are good, AOD, BONK, BWC are three, but they don't have the mass or the high public profile that TE do. TE is a significant proportion of the Mattherson TR playerbase most nights, and when Buzz moves them around or shifts continents looking for a rumble, it throws off the population and leaves a vacuum where they were. The other outfits don't get along with TE and I don't know the whole story behind it aside from the semi-legendary "bad, bad, bad" incident.

While I'm NC to the bone on Mattherson and love it, I'll admit (somewhat grudgingly) that the VS have shown the best coordination in the past. AT, TEST, GOTR, GOKU all seem to work together pretty well and would do stuff like set up precamps at bases behind the front line to have the spawns locked down the second defenders started spawning back from a falling facility. VS is a bit down at the moment due to being stuck in Suck Canyon and the fourth-empire problems with Magrider fanbois, but they still fight back hard. Funny thing is, as noted as our TR are for their heavies, I see a lot of LAs wearing purple, and they're usually pretty good.

NC has two big outfits in GOON and TAS and then a host of smaller ones like WMD, BL, CML, SG, SMG (shameless plug alert). There's coordination among the smaller NC squads but I don't know exactly how it works because I'm just a grunt that fixes some things and shoots others. Ever since we got the northern Indar warpgate we've had a resurgence and actually capped Indar the night after the warpgate switch, and then held the lock against a massive full-on attack from both other factions. We lost it 4 days later but Indar's been neutral ever since.

All in all it's a pretty balanced server. TR have big numbers early in the evening and NC gradually pull ahead after about 9:00. VS are a bit down right now (high 20s) but still give good fights.
    • Up x 9
  15. LanceTR

Actually this couldn't be further from the truth. BuzzCutPsycho and The Enclave work with other TR outfits almost nightly. I wouldn't listen to everything you hear on these forums.
    • Up x 4
  16. Deathrus

Rather funny because My alt is in TE
    • Up x 3
  17. Bloodling

Welcome to Mattherson and get use to getting gang bang by NC and VS... lol
  18. LanceTR

Congrats?? You must not play him very much.
  19. Bryony

It'll be really nice to get a good fight on a different continent. It's certainly an aspect of this merge i'm looking forward to and goddammit am I sick of everyone's obsession with the crown.
  20. Talizzar

Welcome. I would hope that the new folks will do what they do best. Right now TR sits on Indar and never moves unless a couple of squads or a platoon decides to go cap Esamir or Amerish.

I run solo most of the time so I have no clue what kind of command chat cohesion is going on. Mostly zergfests. We take indar up to the NC WG and then proceed to lose it all back. Push the VS then lose it while we go fight the NC again. Allatum changes hands 5 or 10 times a night lol.

If you were Red I will do whatever I can to help, if that means switching to Engineer or medic, max etc. Most of us just do what needs to be done.

It will be nice to have some new folks as it appears we are losing players at an alarming rate. Last night late for the Mountain time zone there were very few people milling about and not much going on in game either.
    • Up x 1