New SMG Stats Here

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by StormFrog, Feb 21, 2013.

1. StormFrog

2. Xind

So TR got the same SMG again with more clip and slower ROF, but not more damage?
  3. Jaybo H

Wait, where is the rate of fire column? Maybe I am missing it...
  4. Rusky

Aha nice, thanks for that.

Looks like they're all almost identical in terms of stats.
  5. StormFrog

Yep. It seems to have a more random recoil angle too, a range of 0° to 20° compared to a fixed 20° and a fixed 0° for the other two. Although, you aren't really going to notice that much with the silly high horizontal recoil SMGs have.
  6. Xind

That's incredibly lame. I was really hoping for something with more stopping power and less ROF...I guess I got the less ROF part. >_<
  7. StormFrog

Refire time is the time between shots. To get RPM dived 60 by the refire time.
  8. Rusky

It's the refire time. Divide 60 by that and you get ROF.

Should be about:

NC: 845
    TR: 800
    VS: 845
  9. MurderBunneh

On a side note female toons now **** their hips in an attempt to look less butch.
    C o c k
    And hip to waist ratio has also increased. Rejoice :D
  10. StormFrog

There's an outside chance that I got the wrong weapon entry but I don't think that's too likely.

I've included the weapon ID's I used in the spreadsheet, so anyone can double check them.
  11. Xind

No I think you got it right. They just got it wrong. >_<
  12. Phazaar

So the TR has two options that are still better than the NC ones. Sweet. ;)

Comparison jokes aside, it's completely ridiculous that for a 100% increased clip size, and slightly decreased COF recoil, along with 33% faster refire rate, the only penalty is a 0.03 second reduction in TTK. It's a straight upgrade for NC, as I thought. ****ers.
  13. MadGelo

it is upgrade for TR too
    • Up x 1
  14. Phyr

I liked the second TR smg more then the first, but the first VS smg was better then the second. :/
  15. grin

This is a straight upgrade for every faction. You can get double the ammo with nearly the exact same performance AND fit advanced laser.
    • Up x 2
  16. AMW1011

So for identical TTK of a Trac-5/AC-x11/Soltice you get twice the magazines with everything else being about the same. So basically these new SMGs are straight upgrades in almost all circumstances?
  17. Rusky

They are much worse at range. Bullet speeds are in the 300-400 range whereas most carbines are 450-600.
  18. Littleman

Arguably, the Cyclone is more capable over distances simply due to its raw power. As a TR, I can feel the fall off with my SMG's. As an NC, I can still make the Cyclone work fairly well up to mid range. I'm guessing these weapons drop only 2 tiers, so the TR SMG is hitting for 100 at minimum damage, and the NC's 125.

RoF isn't everything. Accuracy counts too, and in that same vein, making shots count.
  19. LordMondando

Its nice for several NC classes to finally have a credible CQC weapon.

I don't see what the fuss is all about really.
  20. PS2Freak

Oh yes! finally... it was really annoying, at least to me to not to have good choice.