The state of PS2 and what I feel must change.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BuzzCutPsycho, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Gavyne

My suggestions for short-term, immediate fix/improvements to the game:

-Server merges (it's coming yay!)

-Rendering distance enhancement (it's coming yay!)

-Continent locking, without this, people will still flock to Indar only even after server merges. If implementing locking mechanic will take too long, give weekly exp bonuses to continents. It would give people incentives to fight on certain continents other than Indar.

-Daily quests/tasks will help casual gamers earn some good certs for the little time they have to play. Casual gamers will fill the servers, without them, servers will feel empty. This is already on the roadmap, but the game needs it to retain casual gamers, and to give flavor to the same 'ol same 'ol gameplay every day.

-I support increasing TTK by a bit, as suggested by the OP giving everybody flak armor by default will help. I'm also for a suit of armor that will increase hp and reduce flinching.

-Take cheese out of the game that shouldn't be there. Remove /suicide, remove ability to deconstruct vehicles while in combat or when vehicles are on fire. When pilots bail without ejection system and die, someone should get credit for that kill. When engineers plant prox mines & tank mines, they should not persist after they switch their class. Friendlies should not be able to destroy sunderers, too many cases of enemies logging in a BR1 character to blow up a friendly sunderer. There needs to be a way for people to vote perhaps to remove a sunderer or remove its deployment.

-Fix /regional chat so it works ALL the time. It still doesn't work 80% of the time, and it's often the best way for a pickup zerg to communicate within a certain region. We need inter-faction communication. This should've been fixed 4 months ago. This is a MMOFPS, it needs social communication channels that you usually find in MMO's.

-Give vehicle exp bonuses when all the seats are filled. This will give incentive for more team play, more people jumping in to fill the seats of MBT's, liberators, sunderers, etc..

-Give light assaults (or some other class) the ability to disarm mines and C4. It makes no sense to successfully kill an attacker, only to have that individual rez up somewhere else, and still able to pull the trigger on C4 to blow up the vehicle. And I mentioned light assault just because they probably could use an utility tool for the disarm kit.
  2. LordMondando

I think whats so powerful about the example however though, is that it applies to everything and mind have undercovered something fundamental.

I think, you provide the 2000 people with the basic gamespace to interact with space guns. Cool stuff results.

I think miller proves this, and that other servers will see this soon.
  3. BuzzCutPsycho

Who are you responding to? I must have them on ignore. Anyway...

The TTK is fine in PS2. What's needed are ways to help support the TTK being so quick. If you increase the TTK you throw off significant amount of balance and that would be bad. Medics have AOE med kits ala BF3, shields taking less time to recharge and more cover will go a long way in helping with this.

I say again the TTK is fine.
    • Up x 2
  4. Stew360

Also increasing the TTK will simply make the entire weapons balance broken AR and carbine will not be efficient enough , LMG and MCG will become way to powerfull , max suits will dominate anything at any time

Also large group of peoples will become impossible to defeat by a smaller group , wich is uncompetitive and stupid ps2 isnt a ARENA 1 vs 1 shooter its a massive game , if you increase the ttk by 20 or 30 % that mean 10 peoples will take 30 % more shot each so it become exponential and impossible to deal with , even now numbers win a lots over skills

in a higher TTK senarios Numbers will ALWAYS win over skills
    • Up x 2
  5. HadesR

o_O

Yes god forbid you can't sit on the cap point > go afk and make a cup of tea .. The horror
  6. LordMondando

He was responding to me.

Kinda ruins the illusion of having a debate about game mechanics if your going to mute people like me buzz.

Intentional irony, is there such a thing?

Good job on the strive to rehabilitate your image though. Looks like most people have forgotten about the other stuff allready!
  7. The Milk Man

This post... It's so God like, so epic... SOE if you don't listen to this guy, I will be disappointed in you. I agree with everything BuzzCutPschyo said. Please implement this all. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE :D?
    • Up x 1
  8. Deathrus

should of had natir or someone else post this.
  9. VSMars

So the defenders failed. If it was a small base, oh well, no problem, there's enough of those (... unless you're playing on Esamir, but that continent is just badly designed). It's just a small shift in the front lines. If it's an important base (... of which there are currently a total of seven in this game: The tech plants), that's a problem with the players.

On the other hand, I've yet to see any important base fall to ghost cappers 15 minutes after it was conquered. Are you sure you aren't just conjuring theoretical situations which simply don't happen in real life?
  10. SuBs

Page 3? Not good enough...
  11. xWarMachine

Glad to see you are contributing to a thoughtful discussion about the game development ... oh wait :rolleyes:

Almost as bad as this Lordmandando guy; offering no solutions or alternate opinions to improve the game helps NO ONE.

Thankfully the ignore function of the forum works well.
  12. LordMondando

'This lordmondando guy' has argued several dozen times in a number of threads since at least December for sever mergers, and why he thinks this will get to the root of several problems in detail.

He's also argued for unbinding characters to servers and hoped that will still be pursued as again, he thinks this will address the issues with the game that at the root of them step from population imbalance. He's also explain why he thinks mechanics people have been arguing again should stay as they enrich the game when the population reaches a critical mass, and why. Several times.

He also has a list of directions he thinks the game should take, he adds to when he thinks appropriate on his profile. He also tries to argue objectively for game development, not merely for things that would benefit his playstyle. He also has voiced some tentative thoughts on what he thinks metagame is and what direction it should take.

Again, the enclave a whole piling in here in whats supposed to be a discussion about game balance and outright arguing for users to self-censor people who disagree with their leaders standpoint (just for fun, did you do this of your own accord or were you ordered to? cause it literally went exactly this way last time, actually thats not fair, I engaged, buzz called me an idiot, I continued to advance a fairly detailed argument about game development (If I remember quicker shield recharge was in that too, which I argued against there for different reasons) then the calls for people to just ignore me went out - by all means, the search function is a magical thing)

Yeah... just an honest discussion about the direction of the game this.

Agree with buzz or get out.

Funny thing is, despite my misgivings about this or that, I keep trying to engage with you lads on a rational level, every time. I'm met with not, some sort of meaningful dialectic, but open hostility.

But hey, i'll keep trying. Hope never dies.
  13. FartingFox

I like the ideas of the OP. Especially the flow of the battle stuff. They need front lines to feel like a war game, not wack a mole hex capping.
    • Up x 1
  14. Kroova

Woah, this is an impressive post which you really put quite a bit of thought into.

Way to present your ideas coherently. Most of them seem quite solid.

+1
    • Up x 1
  15. Miggs

This is a point that needs reversing. Why they ever decided it might be a good idea is beyond me.

I have actually witnessed where someone has offered to swap faction on the fly and remove the defenders AMS from a location before our force begins its push (whilst I was playing both TR and NC) and I expect that if I played my VS character more I would occasiomally witness the same thing with that faction too.

Why anyone should think that was a good idea is beyond me. The whole point of the game is to use your own factions abilities to overcome your enemies.

Allowing multiple faction characters on a single server should be removed ASAP as it can be exploited way to easily and rather defeats the whole object of the game.
  16. HadesR

Best they could do now since people already have those characters is to add a lock out timer of 30mins or so to stop people hopping back and forth
  17. Kurohagane

Lower TTK favors people who shoot first, not the more skilled ones. TTK would not matter anyways because you move like a ****ing slug already, so they should just increase non-sprinting movement speed instead.
  18. Stew360

WRONG DEAD WRONG

Lower TTK favor fast reflex situational awarness Hitbox uses such as headshot etc..

Highers ttk in a game like planetside only make Zergs and Numbers almost invisible

Planetside 2 isnt a ARENA shooter like quake or unreal or anything of thats nature mostly 1 vs 1 2 vs 2 4 vs 4 Its a large scale game and with thats in mind having a high ttk will simply make numbers of players win over skills all the time ALL THE TIME
  19. Puppy

I agree with pretty much everything mentioned. I fear the devs will not implement what is said in time or won't take some things listed as seriously. I think a good idea is Having Buzz and other members he chooses (unless he came up with all this himself) to talk with the devs. Although I don't like Buzz in general he has listed these things fairly well and took a lot of time. I respect him but I do not like him. :3
  20. Arkha3

A temporary idea: 2x EXP for fighting on either Esamir or Amerish randomly between the two

(Yes I am a ***** for double exp ;) Hey worth a shot!)
    • Up x 2