ERROR! Unable to download SocketError:Unreachable...

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by AC443, Feb 16, 2013.

1. AC443

2. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

In addition to running the set-up file as the administrator, please ensure that you have added an exception within your Firewall or Anti-Virus software for planetside2.exe, launchpad.exe, awesomiumprocess.exe, and ApplicationUpdaterService.exe.

The location of these files can vary, but by default they should look like this:

Win7/Vista/Win8

C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Sony Online Entertainment\ApplicationUpdater\ApplicationUpdaterService.exe
    C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.exe
    C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.libs\AwesomiumProcess.exe

Windows XP

C:\Documents and Settings\<your username>\Application Data\ Sony Online Entertainment\ApplicationUpdater\ApplicationUpdaterService.exe
    C:\Program Files\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.exe
    C:\Program Files\\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    C:\Program Files\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.libs\AwesomiumProcess.exe

The AppData and Application Data folders are hidden in Windows by default so you may need to enable "View Hidden Files/Folders" before you are able to find these files.

PS2 & Anti-Virus Software

Let me know if that helps.
  3. AC443

It was working fine prior to this occurring; No this did not help, i also uninstalled PS2 and reinstalled it with no success, any other ideas? please help /cry

Thanks,
  4. Oakwalker

In all other cases, uninstall reinstall.
  5. AC443

I uninstalled and reinstalled it like 3 times.
  6. BenYeeHua

Create a ticket, maybe the server that you are connecting is having data fail.
    Remember to give your location too.
  7. AC443

How might i go about making a ticket?
  8. AC443

It can't be a problem to the server I'm connecting to because my laptop connects and plays the game, I would rather play PS2 on my desktop for better performance.
  9. BenYeeHua

So it is some anti-virus/firewall on that desktop. or other thing.
    Did you try disable anti-virus/firewall, running launchpad with admin permission?
  10. AC443

My firewall is disabled and i cant seem to run launchpad as an administrator; but i opened up Steam as an administrator and opened up launchpad through steam and still didn't work.
  11. BenYeeHua

So the last way.
    Copy from your laptop.;)
  12. AC443

Think it will work if i send the files via E-mail? I don't have a flash drive larger that 4gigs
  13. AC443

Hey, i just downloaded DC universe online (Which is a Sony Online Game as well) and am receiving the same error on that launcher as well! This blows, i have no idea what to do...
  14. BenYeeHua

The fastest ways is reinstall windows on your desktop computer, as your laptop don't has this issue.
    And did you try change the DNS on desktop computer?
  15. s3w47m88

I'm experiencing this issue as well. Verified game files, reinstalled, disabled firewall. The error appeared to occur without provocation. I'd really appreciate support with this.
  16. s3w47m88

I just discovered the fix: http://steamcommunity.com/app/218230/discussions/0/828935672463007998/

I have NO idea how that setting got checked though.

I'm using Windows 8 and here is exactly what I did to resolve the issue:
    1. Press the Windows key to reveal the right sidebar that contains the search icon.
    2. Select the search icon and enter "proxy"
    3. Select "Settings" and it will reveal a link to the settings panel for this feature.
    4. When the window appears it should be pre-selected on Connections tab, then select LAN Settings.
    5. Then deselect "Use a Proxy server for your LAN"
    6. Switch back to PlanetSide and select Retry and it should work.
  17. Bear XW

Holy crap, that works, S3w47m88. I am using Win7 and the same box was selected. Not a clue how that happened. It was probably an automatic update. Win7 is so gamer unfriendly.
  18. olli

I just discovered the fix: http://steamcommunity.com/app/218230/discussions/0/828935672463007998/

I have NO idea how that setting got checked though.

I'm using Windows 8 and here is exactly what I did to resolve the issue:
    1. Press the Windows key to reveal the right sidebar that contains the search icon.
    2. Select the search icon and enter "proxy"
    3. Select "Settings" and it will reveal a link to the settings panel for this feature.
    4. When the window appears it should be pre-selected on Connections tab, then select LAN Settings.
    5. Then deselect "Use a Proxy server for your LAN"
    6. Switch back to PlanetSide and select Retry and it should work.
    that works thank you man! you are so best!
  19. Artemys Icefang

i tried it and still nothing.
  20. Flam13

Worked for me! Thanks guys, Make sure the box box is unchecked, I had to do it twice cause i had the launcher still up when I unchecked the box the first time.