[Guide] Thoughts of the new cyclone smg

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by chrollo, Feb 3, 2013.

1. oLd.Sneakers

SPA elongates the bullet dmg fall-off curve at the expense of a slower velocity making it harder to lead targets moving at long range.

i.e

Max dmg @ 10 m 147

15m without SPA = 142 dmg

15m with SPA = 147 dmg

25m without SPA 130 dmg

25m with SPA = 143 dmg

This is how it works in theory, the nummbers are made up and I don't know where the break-points are but this is how it is supposed to work.
  2. TheBloodEagle

You guys are thick headed.

As he said. What you get is extended max damage range. So instead of 10 meters before damage fall off, it starts at 15 meters. THAT'S IT. The trade off is lower velocity! What's so hard to understand?
    • Up x 2
  3. SIVLEOL

My contention with it is on whether lower velocity leads to lower damage at longer ranges, mostly only because one would think that there had to be some reason someone wrote on the spreadsheet that soft point ammo reduces damage at range. Anyhow, once again, for now I'll choose to think that the lower velocity does not mean lower damage at longer ranges, until I either get around to testing it out or I hear that someone else has.
  4. TheBloodEagle

I believe it only means lower damage in the sense that it is harder to hit someone so your damage per second to them is lowered on average, based on your skills & handling. But actual numbers wise, no.
  5. Nature

As long as the jumping bug while ADS remains, you shouldnt really be using the cyclone as LA. Unless you are as stubborn as me and decided to get auraxium medal on every LA primary weapon... 900 smg kills to go.
  6. Wolfwood82

Actually what the DEV clearly said was that it does not decrease the minimum damage. Decreased bullet velocity has the direct result of decreasing the range between minimum and maximum damage because the bullet maintains max damage longer, and also hits minimum damage at a closer range, thus the damage drop is a steeper grade and there is considerably more damage lost per meter.

All he was attempting to point out was that the minimum damage a given weapon does is not affected by soft point ammo.
  7. chrollo

where are you getting them facts from, all i see is more random theory like how someone made everyone believe there was a negative 5 percent to damage using soft point ammo under 15 meters. We all know that is false now.
  8. TheBloodEagle

Dude, did you even look through the thread? He's clearly quoting the Dev and just explaining that max and min damage isn't changed while showing what happens in-between max range and min range.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ZOSWNaanFqSUVxLWc&f=true&noheader=true&gid=13
  9. Bankrotas

Too silent for NC gun.
  10. chrollo