Pay2Anni-lock

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by phungus420, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Accuser

But that isn't necessary at all with anti-everything Annihilators. There's no "Alpha Squad do AA MAX/engi/AA-rocket, Bravo take a LA/Infil team to close the gap to enemies, Charlie take long-range AV to support Bravo's advance".
    It's "I'm going to use an Annihilator so I can kill anything I see from 500m away"
    You don't need any guidance or communication for that. And even if there were orders involved, what would they say? "Everyone pull Annihilators and shoot at everything that comes into range" It's silly.
  2. Taiji

I have earned 28k certs so far. But I don't own an Annihilator because I think they suck. What does that tell you?

Worthless whining thread from guy who resents people for having money to spend on PS2's continued development is OP.
  3. Patrician

I wasn't referring to setting up platoon in my example; just a squad, and in that situation it is still teamwork within the meaning of the phrase.
  4. VexTheRaven

God mode in which you get one-shotted by your target? Sounds legit.
  5. PS2Freak

28k O.O
    can you teach me how to :) per pm/ with loadout :p
  6. phungus420

^^
    In normal circumstances HA does have God Mode, hell they have invisible God Mode, straight from the original Doom. You litterally can't hurt them and can't see them, by design. But they can shoot you down, no problem.

Invisible God Mode enemies are litterally my biggest concern and threat when I am flying an A2A ESF. That's the thing you lot don't seem to understand, A2A ESFs are dead, lolpodding is the only possible way to fly now, and it's not really that much harder to lolpod hapless infantry, in fact the new AA kinda makes it more fun as it's an actual challenge. Killing other ESFs though, you know as an air to air fighter is impossible,invisible enemy ground units (usually random HA's with annihilators) will kill you before you can finish off your target almost every time.
    • Up x 1
  7. phungus420

Why did an admin rename this thread, and why such a terrible name? It has nothing to do with paying money, the Annihilator is just game breaking period.
    • Up x 1
  8. Cowboyhomer

The only recurring theme is Pilots thinking that everyone is aiming rockets at them. While this might be true if you roll up on a just capped base all alone it is not true for 95% of the rest of the game. The whole basis for the arguements is that of 50 rocket launchers all aimed at one vehicle. In this game there is WAY TOO MUCH going on for this to be the case even 25% of the time.

You are completely exaggerating on your example unless it is an outfit full of rocket launchers. 25 coordinated rocket launchers is a death squad...no way around that. If the armor sits in one spot and just tried to trade fire with infantry they would lose but even that is iffy since you are assuming that the 5 tank drivers arent hitting anything and are staying in the wide open and they dont have any infantry to flank the rocket launchers.

Pilots keep yelling TEAMWORK but they dont want to use it.
  9. Cowboyhomer

Where is the teamwork required by pilots? Charlie pull infantry and clear the AA and distract the launchers so we can get in close...put the shoe on your foot...the infantry are using much more teamwork that pilots are. Pilots want solo domination but want everyone else to have to work together.

How about the pilots use teamwork?
  10. phungus420

^^
    There is no teamwork, you just pull annihilators and start taking pot shots.

The game mechanics give you invisible god mode (literally), with autohit weapons.

There is no teamwork to counter invincible and invisible enemies with autohit weapons.

The only thing you can do is accept that there is no place in this game for A2A ESFs, grab rocket pods, fly low, and kill infantry.

Again you lot need to realize those of us bringing this up are not lolpodders, we are the A2A ESFs, the guys that want to shoot down other planes but can't.
    • Up x 1
  11. Arkha3

I seriously can't believe all this whining about the annihilator. I would prefer to be shot at one than the other dedicated launchers.
    When someone shoots my prowler with one it only shaves about maybe 1/8th of its health. It takes 3 shots to bring my ESF on fire. It takes about 4 to bring my lightning near critical.
    If you're getting bombarded with missiles, maybe, just maybe, you need to get the hell out of there because you're going 1 vs 30
  12. Nevron

I've said it before in other posts but I'll say it again here. My main problem with annihilators is that they can lock onto both ground and air units. It should be a choice of being anti-air or anti-armor, like most of the rest of the units in the game. It may not do the best damage solo, but few things can lock down a portion of a map as well as annihilator squads, which is compounded by the effective range versus render range.
  13. Cowboyhomer

The render distance is another problem...

Quit flying straight and out in the open. You arent doing it right. Tanks are not as hard to get a lock on since they cant move as fast(besides that one damn TR tank with the wheels) but go behind terrain all the time. The only aircraft that are easy to lock onto fly straight, slow and hover alot. The rest are hard to even get a lock on since they are moving fast and going behind stuff to reset the lockon timer all the time...and when someone does get a lock you can just flare them all away every 30-40 seconds.
  14. Excellentz

This part is a fat joke and you KNOW IT. The thing does not handle "almost" as well as the scythe. You guys do turns on a dime while stopped and hovering in the air. Please. The reaver is also by far the largest of the ESF's. Making it slower, less maneuverable, and A BIGGER TARGET. I dont know anything about hit boxes...so if some how miraculously they all had the same hitbox then I guess the bigger target reaver skin may not be as big of a deal as it seems. However, it is so easy to see a reaver flying around.

However, most of what you said I agree with.
  15. Cowboyhomer

What? You arent getting one shotted by all the missiles that have a 100% hit rate? How could that be? They can wipe out whole platoons of armor in less than the time it would take to bum rush a base...weird how our game is so much different than some other pilots isnt it?
  16. biterwylie

LOL :) I love the selfish poeple with Annihilators trying to defend these aim bot weapons. I am an infantry player on the main but I have the sand to admit the lock on weapons are totally over powered. Even if it mean less exp for me. Keeping these weopons will only kill the games original concept.

I was with 4 other HA taking out vehicles that approached the crown from the North. We took out everything, no exceptions. Everything that came in range for almost 90 mins was destroyed. Then we switched over to the west side and nailed Ti Alloys, same result. Must have been over 100 vehicles for about 4 deaths.

Please stop exagerating the numbers of HA you need. Get out your annihilator and a stop watch. 5 HA fire 20 missiles in 30 seconds, even with the 3 second lock on.

5 HA... Thats all it takes.
    • Up x 1
  17. Cowboyhomer

and it takes one mountain to reset the locks...or another tank driving in front of the target tank...or for more than one tank to roll in at the same time. The whole argument is that 5 ha's can kill one tank...teamwork>one man. Even if they are 100 tanks deep but roll in single file they are in trouble. That is the ideal situation for a small force against another larger force. Force them through a choke point and pick them off. All it would take is for the tanks to hide for a second and call in teamwork of their own and ask infantry to distract the launch team and then bum rush their position...problem solved.
  18. Cowboyhomer

Much more teamwork than the pilots want to use in my opinion. Instructions may not be communicated but teamwork is exactly what it is. Whether you like it or not it is much more coordinated than the actions of the vehicle pilots.

TEAMWORK really works...the pilots should try it too. Infantry was told to try it and they did. Now its your turn to use teamwork.
  19. Zoner

The reality is it wouldn't be terribly different if we had the empire specific launchers in the game (assuming they are anything like their PS1 versions). Either way they are going to need to rebalance the vehicles and/or weapons to deal with it.

On the flip side at least the empire launchers had some additional time and/or skill requirements, where the annihilator is just a fire and forget weapon.
    • Up x 1
  20. Crywalker

Agree, it's fine that weapons can be effectively anti-armor and anti-infantry but air needs to require special dedicated weaponry.