FoTM - Are People Honestly Rerolling?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Spartan 117, Feb 8, 2013.

1. illgot

My 7 day Boost expired so I finally stopped playing my VS character. Too bad a single boost does not work account wide.

So I gave up my VS for a while and started playing my NC infiltrator now since she has the SMG.
  2. Haterade

Idiots will reroll, but they're only gimping themselves. You'll never achieve perfect balance, so sometimes your faction will be on the short end of the stick. But the next round of balance changes come along, and the power balance shifts. Just stick with your faction, level your toon, and things will eventually turn your way. If you run around chasing the next op faction, you're going to end up running in circles without much to show for it.
  3. Bloodlet

One thing that has always annoyed me is fairweather players.
    • Up x 1
  4. Flumps

Hmm, i play on Lithcorp and had noticed this too, hard not to tho :p

Do you know if a large NC outfit has joined or are you guessing? I've yet to see the NC population drop below ~37% in the last week and TR (who i play) barely make it to 30% if that. It feels like we never get out of our corner and feels as tho a load of TR have rerolled since the Jan patch. Before the patch it fluctuated but was fairly balanced i thought, each side occassionaly getting an upper hand but this last week hasn't been particularly fun if truth be told.

edit: just read the outfit recruitment page for Lithcorp and seems we have had a large NC clan arrive, still think some have rerolled tho ;)
  5. Crywalker

Some people choose factions for specific advantages with the things they use most. The game doesn't really give you much to work with when it comes to RP elements so for many players what matters is functionality.

I switched from VS to TR for a few reasons -

Liked the look of TR better
    Reading up on some faction lore arguments, players made a good case for TR over VS
    I prefer its music and voices

but most of all I wanted that 40 ammo per clip and 200 in pool for my carbines. The Lynx so far is definitely an upgrade to the VX6-7, only a little harder to use. I haven't even applied all attachments to it yet either.
  6. Chipskream

I already rolled all 3 factions and I keep them at about the same level. Im not spending too much cash until the account wide unlocks get a little more specified. I just cant decide what faction I like best...

NC has the best looking armor imho
    TR has the best guns for my taste (CARV-S and Jag)
    VS has the lore that I identify the most with.

Oh well, Im not regretting playing all 3 factions so far.
  7. Ravenclaw

why would anyone re-roll over warpgate rotation knowning they rotate again in time lol.

and for buff/nerfs, well they always eb buffs and nerfs, whats made OP tomorrow could be underpowered in a week, then OP again later... finding balance is no easy feat.

Beside, good friends/team work can over come weaknesses and underpowered gear by working together.

PS1 was proof of that
  8. Compass

@____________________________________________@
  9. Sinoby

Sometimes I switch to my little VS character on Miller just to fly scythe or drove the magrider. I really like NC, but piloting those two vehicles is a lot of fun. I normally do it at late hours, when most organized NC went to bed.
  10. Banick

One of each faction here from the start. NC for personal preference. VS for those days when I want easy mode. TR for playing with clan.

Doesn't surprise me, I'd also go so far to say as it's probably the VS switching as well. They want easy mode and most servers I see they are getting owned down there and abandoning Indar to go ghost capping Esamir and Amerish.

TR is next I'm sure. But at least I can look forward to 2 good months of decent geographical warp gating on NC!
  11. MartianDiscoFish

Any NC soldiers rerolling makes sense seeing as lore-wise they are an army of mercenaries and sellswords

True VS soldiers always stay loyal to Vanu, regardless of game balance.
  12. Flix

You mean like...powerlvling a class in WOW just for the sake of it beeing fowm in the arena after the last patch? I never understood that mentality. But hey. Ppl of today want the easy win. The implementation of Sidechange on the same server was the dumbest patch SOE had and probably will ever do. That only leaded to Winnersidejoining...where ever the gain is in that. Changing the faction for good? I have not a single idea why ppl do that after investing many DAYS and MONEY on a side. I mean i choose my side with a reason...that reason dont change over night.
  13. Morpholine

I have two low-BR alts on the other factions, that I play from time to time.

It helps me to keep overall balance in perspective, and gives me an outlet for when I want to play, but don't want to be social in-game.
  14. Kaon1311

Feel old typing this....
    Youth of today, Path of least resistance should be their moto :p
  15. Vertabrae

I had one toon of each faction, all on different servers. I did end up rerolling my NC, he was only lvl 21 at the time. I switched him to the same server my TR was on because I had met some of the NC players, and gotten along really well with them. I wanted to fight with them.

As for having 2 toons on one server, I never switch from one to the other. If I log off either one, I will play go my VS on a different server for at least an hour. That way things have changed and I don't feel like I have inside info on what my old faction is doing. Maybe it's silly, but it makes me feel better.
  16. The King

I think people are not rerolling and they're just not playing as much as before.
  17. Vertabrae

I do think some people are rerolling. Nothing wrong with trying a new faction and new weapons when you get bored with your main.
  18. Yil

Wait until the re-cert tokens...then we can talk about FOTM. :(
  19. Vreki

There is nothing wrong with playing all factions, except for the being a dirty traitor part.
    I dont do it myself besides a bit of testing the other sides toys, because faction loyality to me is a big part of PS1 & PS2.

No, you first become a loser if you always switch to the strongets faction after a patch, and very likely selects their most unbalanced build. That is the kind of 4th faction player that we all despise.

But on the other hand, if they at some time in the future manage to buff the Reaver to OP levels, then I will still feel justified in using it because I stuck with it when it was an ugly duckling.
  20. Assist

People are rerolling away from VS, because there's 0 reason to play them right now. They're the best at nothing. I think the <30% pop on every single server should be a high indication to SoE, but they'll continue to ignore it.