FoTM - Are People Honestly Rerolling?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Spartan 117, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Spartan 117

I keep seeing more & more of these threads cropping up about players switching factions as a result of warpgate rotation/nerf to (x). I am aware players can have characters of all 3 factions but are people serious? Completely rerolling or switching factions entirely based upon a single change? Are people that desperate for a numerical advantage that they would walk away from the friends they play with, faction loyalty & character progression?

Just having a hard time rationalizing the mentality of the new generations.

[IMG]
    • Up x 5
  2. Jack_Frost

I will not reroll. Picked NC when I started playing (randomly), will play NC until I get bored of the game :)
    • Up x 3
  3. DoorSlammer

Having more then 1 char per server is bad anyway. Winnerteam joiner, switching to grief by tk`ing, trolling in leaderchat etc.
    • Up x 3
  4. Doktor Fink

Well, I may be most active on Connery, but I do have an underused NC on waterson. Mostly I just use her to check NC balance though. Always important to know your enemy, like you know yourself.
  5. Phyr

I have 1 of each faction on different servers. Nothing wrong with trying out the different flavors.
  6. Vreki

People will TK each other over who gets to revive a corpse, do you really think they have any faction loyalty?
    Look at it this way: Their old allies now get to shot them with out accumulating grief. I am sure many of them will appreciate the opportunity.

Personally I joined the NC in PS1 and intend to stay with it during the ups and down. The only way I see me switching is if my outfit does an mass exodus.
    • Up x 1
  7. Leal

See Guild Wars 2, in the Server vs Server vs Server gameplay players will constantly change servers to whatever server is "winning". I quote it cause you really aren't winning anything in the grand scheme of things, but people will do it anyways.
    • Up x 1
  8. Deavonere

I have 3 characters on Miller and I do the opposite. I join the weakest (based on territory and population) faction, so I'm spending some time with VS now.

They suck, basically, and it's not the weapons. In my entire history of NC, we have never been so badly capped by TR (on Esamir WG) as VS are now. VS have superior weapons but they mostly don't know how to use it.They have no air to ground coordination and It seems that it takes them about an hour until they realise that it would be good idea to sit in phalanx turrets and just obliterate prowlers. Instead they just go as an infantry or just sits there as infiltrators.

I have no idea how did it happened, but it seems they have no real organization beyond magspam. I would've been disappointed too (if I would be VS as main) and leave, but I hope they will learn something with this bad warpgates.

To be honest, if VS is moving to NC, then they will leave because of weapons/vehicles or stay because it feels like there is more integrity in NC right now.
  9. SinerAthin

I'm a VS player for the most part, but I do play NC from time to time.
    The NC have the best solo tank in the game right now(ignoring the bugged Prowler's velocity buff), and their MAXes are just redicilous in terms of OPness(compared to the VS MAX).

It's also fun to play as a space 'murican, I even named my NC soldier 'McLiberty' xD
    • Up x 1
  10. Xasapis

Esamir is still a secondary target for Miller VS. Unlike the NC that completely abandoned Indar to focus entirely on Esamir, VS still pushes hard on Indar and just plays with the excess forces in the other continents.

Tank & air combat is broken currently due to the lock on missiles issues. It's really not worth it to go for anything other than anti-infantry, it's by far the biggest threat against everything.

As for the infantry weapons, they don't seem to hinder NC at all at doing exactly what the TR were doing before and being even more effective at it.
    • Up x 1
  11. Deavonere

I used VS MAX yesterday. My K/D ratio on it ?

Nuff said.

PS. With comets on NC I would not even bother with HA while under tank siege. Yes, they are that good.
  12. JackD

On my Server (Lithcorp) the Vanu pop seems stable. But instead of every faction beeing around 32-34% NC is now at 40-50% most of the time, i think mainly trough a huge Outfit joinng our server NC.
    • Up x 1
  13. Deavonere

That's probably the problem, but still, I'm angry as hell when they act like sheep.

Well it's annoying but afterburner + scythe mobility + low ground flying when locked, resolve some of the problems. If there is only one rocket on my tail, then I'm going to survive. I don't have flares on it yet, lol.

Well they are definitely worse and If I would be VS going to NC I would be at least surprised how badly they perform in close range.
  14. Xasapis

I don't know about that, for me it seems that all NC are packing shotguns in close range and I'm returning the favor shooting peas at them.

Yesterday I played on Esamir, the battles were fierce, but you can't beat an over than 2:1 advantage,especially when both forces are equally organised.
  15. Elbryan

I still don't understand why SOE allowed more than one character per server...
    • Up x 3
  16. Mightyhalo

I think they did it for eventual server merges.
  17. pnkdth

First, K/D means nothing. I've ranged from 5 to 30 K/D in a MAX.

Second. No, they're not "that good" but they're not that bad either.

Everyone, can we please stop exaggerating on every point we make here?
  18. Coz

You can measure the "integrity" of a population? Do tell!

I believe a lot of the VA VS on Miller stopped playing PS2 a while ago anyway, due to a consensus that PS2 isn't their cup of tea (at least not with how things are atm).

Oh, and OP. Yes... if they can re-roll, they'll do it. Just like in the first game. Chimps.
  19. SinerAthin

Did you fight any NC MAXes? ;)

My KDR while playing VS MAX is typically around 18 or better(depends if I'm stupid or not :p).
  20. Kaon1311

Vanu on miller have dropped and NC have increased. Last night (if i remember right) Vanu on 28% TR on 37% and NC 35%, Never seen Vanu that low. (usually NC has lowest pop, been like that for a few days now).

But, nothing ever stays the same. Its not even 6 months old, so populations will fluctuate.
    coincidence or FoTM change? Who knows.

Anyway, who cares, those who change back and forth are only gimping themselves anyway. As long as we have people to shoot at, we should be happy :)