NC scattercannon users:please dont act like magrider drivers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Louis Farrakhan, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Louis Farrakhan

magrider was good at long range, when most tank fights happen at long range.
    scattermax is good at short range, but most infantry fights happen at short range.

aircraft balance promoted more tank fights, and helped spot tank imbalance. tank balance has promoted infantry combat more, and now we are noticing the infantry imbalance.
    many NC players are now assuming the same arrogant, sarcastic, mocking attitude of magrider. please stop. let us stop the tears before it happens.

the devs will see the MAX k/d sheets just like with the magrider. no amount of protest will change cold hard data. it will be less painful if we start offering advice to help balance right now.

my suggestion: increase accuracy for low dmg scattercannons, decrease accuracy for high damage ones.
    • Up x 1
  2. KAHR-Alpha

Scattermax + rocket launcher = "I think I broke it!"
    • Up x 2
  3. Louis Farrakhan

while that is a valid tactic, the main issue is MAX vs MAX balance.

just like magrider issue was tank vs tank balance.

you are using same magrider defence "counter us with non tanks, problem solved."
  4. shakkar

there was nothing wrong with the magrider but crybabys changed it ( well i think its still strong)...
    there is nothing wrong with the nc max ( but im sure whiners will do .....) - i hope it will be strong too afterwards...

there was no issue in tankwarfare... those who suck still do (play vanguard and magrider)
    and there is no issue in max vs max ( i play vs max and nc max)
    there are just so many bad players who loose constantly against good ones ... and it doesnt matter on which side they play... i won many tankbattles with the vanguard, and i won many with the magrider - i killed many scattermax with my vs - cosmos max, and i was killed very often too while playing the ncmx (double hacksaw)....
  5. MarkAntony

Don't go within 10m of NC max. Proceed to win firefight against it.
    • Up x 2
  6. Dingus148

ScatMAX isn't OP because it is useless at range. The only place it's useful is the Biolab. I'm a TR player, so don't call bias. I die to scatmax's, but that's because of my mistake...letting them close
  7. Ganelon

I think you missed the statistics Higby posted sometime ago.
  8. Louis Farrakhan

you are using same dirty magrider "just drive closer" logic except in reverse.

dont you feel any shame?

how can infantry do that when 100% of capture pointes are in 5x5 meter rooms?
  9. exLupo

Came to thread hoping for "Plz 2 stop OHK TKing meh, k ok?" much like "Dear Magpilot, The Sov-General requests that you mind your strafe jets as the number of friendlies you crush under the maglev has grown unacceptable."

Disappoint.
  10. Gelohess

dont mind him, prob VS player
  11. MarkAntony

Except when driving closer to a magrider you are taking fire while doing so. When standing off an NC max you are not. See the difference?
    C4, Concussion Grenades, Flashbang. Take your pick.
  12. Louis Farrakhan

you are using magrider defence "magrider isnt OP because its useless at close range" except in reverse.
  13. MarkAntony

Wrong. When closing with a mag you are taking fire. when standing off a NC max you are not. Big difference.
  14. Tatwi

Indeed. I watched a Dual Cycler MAX go down darn near instantly against a Scat MAX tonight. I was right behind him, the Scat Max stepped out (alone) at point blank range and blew the TR MAX to pieces. I was like, "Woah... and I somehow lived. Interesting. I think it's time for me to hide behind these boxes now". I couldn't have been "lag", etc. because nothing else was odd and I ended up killing that max with rockets (and other people) about 30 seconds later.

It may be broken.

Ps. Something I made for a guy's signature during beta that I thought folks might enjoy:

[IMG]
  15. Louis Farrakhan

when increasing distance with a scattermax he is still shooting you and you take damage. MAX has charge ability. no difference.

i would advise against using circular broken logic, as we have seen from magriders, devs watch the numbers.
  16. shakkar

yeah, thats why i play nc mainly ...
    if you suck its you, not your faction/tank/weapon... whatever..
    but its allways the same, in every game... its never own fault, never own skill...its allways something else.

and btw, i dont care about statistics ...i do very well with my vanguard and i did prepatch too.
    i did well with the magrider and still do...
    and yes, i do very well with my vs max - even against nc maxes too...
    huh, how is that possible?
    and im really great mowing down infantry and enemy maxes with my nc max...
    huh, how is that possible?

and @ganelon ... what is that statistic worth? on my server there were mostly 2/2 magriders against 1/2 vanguards or 1/2 prowler, most of them stock while nearly every magrider had the saron - so what do you think happened?...
    worthless discussion.
    now the whining about the prowler start... same ****, different tank...worthless again.
  17. MarkAntony

2 triple barreled Shotguns working at point blank range? We can't have that. You lived because the max had to reload btw.
    That being said: Maxes should have more resistance against shotguns in general. I can kill them easily with a full mag from my sweeper.
  18. Jac70

Magrider wasn't OP but people whined and they made changes - it's not gonna change anything. Truth is there aren't many real tank battles in the game, there are tank zergs steamrolling everything else but the fact remains that tactically it's irrelevant. What matters is taking outposts and bases and the one thing that is massively useful in this aspect is the NC Max.

I don't think anyone could seriously argue that the current Maxes are balanced and the main issue with the NC Max is TTK. At anything less than 15m it's instant. No time to evade, no time to throw down C4, no time to line up a rocket shot, no time to get to cover. If it sees you, you are dead instantly.

I can only really speak for the VS Max - it has nothing that can kill even other infantry at any kind of speed. It's guns are massively innacurate to the point that a target can just dance around for seconds to evade and in that time if there is any other enemy around he will be drilling your skull with small arms fire. You can take down a few lone infantry but taking down groups is pretty much suicide. Even going 1v1 against a heavy or someone with C4 is likely to get you killed.

All that said, I am not asking for a nerf - it's just an observation.
  19. Louis Farrakhan

thank you for giving advice towards balance. innate shotgun pellete resistance for MAX is a great idea, and should not be hard to implement, since different damage to different targets is already in game (AA guns, vulcan minigun)
  20. Johnnyseven

I'm fairly sure that anyone who puts any thought at all into thwarting a scat/hack/mattock MAX will find it incredibly easy. Take one Heavy Assault and one of whatever MAX you want.

Apply one Heavy Assault rocket with shield up, if it hits, fantabulous you've just half killed the invincible megawalker that is the NC MAX, let your friendly MAX spray it down with ease. Missed you say? Oh well, you now have between 1 and 15 minutes to gun down the NC MAX whilst it reloads.

Alternatively apply two Heavy Assault rockets.

Alternatively don't stand within 10 meters.

Seriously my Hacksaw's take about a second to empty and an eternity to reload, USE THAT.

Now don't get me wrong, an organised biolab (THE ONLY PLACE THEY WORK SERIOUSLY) defense with lots of NC MAX's and support assets will be a massive pain in the *** and almost impossible for a rabble to dislodge. An organised assault however should have no trouble trouncing them with equal numbers.
    • Up x 1