After 4000 certs, 3 months, now I am onbly allowed to fly my Mossie every 15 mins ?... really?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tasogie, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tasogie

Ok I gotta say here, SOE really ****** us sideways. 4000 certs, 3 months playtime OVER 450$ real world money... an they piss in our ear like this?.. all because of the damn cod generation screaming about it being unfair we can fly when they dont want too...
    You can literally blow up in under 2 seconds of spawning in a plane, an now we are expected to only ever fly one every 15 mins if we dropped 1000 certs into the timer tree....

Well out of order!!
    • Up x 3
  2. FateJH

But you still can fly, right?
  3. vulkkan

Learn to fly, learn where not to spawn a plane. Never had any problems keeping my plane up for at least half an hour unless I accidentally flew into a **** storm of flak. God this whining is getting old.
    • Up x 4
  4. Nature

Took you 3 months to farm 4000 certs? You actually used 4000 certs and 450usd (inflation is off the charts) into mossie? And no, air was never supposed to be in planetside 2 so SOE is now nerfing it to oblivion and in GU3 it will be removed completely.
  5. Ronin Oni

what happened with the timers?

Did they extend the timer and full cert brings it down to 15 minutes?

or does the certed time slots just not work?

if it's the latter, I'd guess it's just a bug.... if it's the former... seems excessive given the current strength of AA o_O
  6. Daioh

don't spam ESF

use infantry more
    • Up x 4
  7. Compass

Timers bugged.
  8. MasterChiefette

If you could constantly pull aircraft - the skies in game would be nothing but ESF's. There is a reason for the timer - which has always been there, you can cert into taking time off the clock BTW. The reason for the timer is attrition. By having the timer fights then become a battle of attrition. Who loses their ability to pull assets faster normally loses. Just like in real war - if your supply lines cannot stay up with the people that need ammo - you lose.
    • Up x 1
  9. Tasogie

There is no whining mate, its a simple fact, SOE listened to the entitled forum warriors, an ****** us.. I spent a **** ton of money, alot of hours, an certs on being able to play the game way I enjoy it. There is no gravy train flying, I put in the effort, an I dont just rake in certs.
    The fact I have all but 2 slots certed in the timer tree, to cut it down to a manageable time, means now it was all wasted. as I am back up to 15 mins per use.
    If you dont like my statement then block me.
    ok?
    good lad.
    • Up x 1
  10. OMGItzChucky

Lol you must be flying inside your warpgate.

I don't fly, but it's pretty obvious how easy it's to take ESFs down.
  11. An Hero

In before Call of Planetside.
    • Up x 1
  12. Tasogie

You sure about that?
    • Up x 1
  13. Rusky

I think it's just a bug, no change to vehicle timers has been documented anywhere.

At any rate, I wouldn't mind them increasing the cooldown or resource cost, but they need to do something about how squishy all vehicles are now.

Leaving aside random idiots that complain they can't kill a tank or bomber 1v1 with their knife, the situation at present is that the moment you reach or get close to any hot zone in a vehicle, you will instantly start seeing lock on warnings and your health will immediately start taking a dive before you even see a single enemy on screen (sometimes as soon as you take off / get off the vehicle pad).
    Add to that the usual mine/c4/dumb fire/other vehicles/base turrets/MAXes and you come to the realisation that unless you enjoy camping inside friendly territory (and even then, it better be from behind some crevasse or something) you're just better off running around "quickscoping" with your HA.

Vehicles need to survive longer and the damn 1km lockon spam needs to be addressed.
    • Up x 2
  14. BalogDerStout

This sounds like a bug. As far as I know there wasn't a change listed to ESF spawn timers in the patch notes. The base time to pull an ESF is 15 mins and certs reduce the timer from that. I don't fly all that often so I'm not sure if the timers are out of whack, but it sounds like the certs aren't reducing the pull timer.

Knowing that, and also given how Lock-ons aren't registering for aircraft, I don't think we'll be seeing too many aircraft in the near future.
  15. Tasogie

yup I was insta killed today flying at ground level past the crown, a single Heavy with a rocket blew me to **** before I could pop flares an run... I dont mind dieing, but I had just spawned...It isnt about the power of rockets etc, dotn care about them, its the fact SOE do this crap all time. They did it in SWG when the idiots all demanded Jedi was too powerful, so they screwed us....
  16. ABATTLEDONKEY

Whoa! $450 of real dollars? that buys WAYYYYY more than every weapon for an ESF plus many many many boosts. how did you spend all of that on an ESF?

OP i find these threads ironic. as much as i loathe the COD generation, your pulling the same stunt as them. modern, uneducated gamers want everything to be an inf game. I always tell them to go play COD or BF3 because it caters to their needs. the same rule applies to you. if you ONLY want to fly, then go play a flight sim. it will provide you with much more enjoyment and will frustrate less people on this game.

This is a combined arms game. people really need to understand how to play this game. if you cant fly, oh well. go get in a tank, or assault on foot. do SOMETHING else until your timer is up. if you cant do that, then you probably shouldn't be playing a combined arms game as it offers you less enjoyments than a game that caters to your specific needs. people want a combined arms game because they want the option of enjoying every aspect of that game. if you dont want that, then by all , means, go find something that you like. theres PLENTY out there. leave our combineds arms game alone. if spamming is an issue, then it will be addressed and you shouldnt complain about getting limited on your big-boy weapons.
  17. Compass

My flash timer has gone to 5 minutes despite being half-certed, and the final cert should be instant.
  18. Aege

I see a lot of complaining about this. I hadn't noticed timer issues yet. I did notice that I though my quad should have been up again after some jack-*** ran it over and I still had 20 seconds left, but I though I was smoking crack.

Also, I'm not sure why they're so high anyway. I don't really care if anyone dies and pulls another ESF. I'll shoot them down again.

:D
  19. Tasogie

yup I blew up a tank today with 4 rockets in my Mossie... that is over powered even for Air power.In rerurn I had a Rider snipe me with his main cannon at over 400m out flying at 300kph towards him, 1 shot instant kill...
  20. Sowahka

Possibly a bug? When looking at the timers from the menu mine said 12min, but after going to a terminal it updated to something like 4-5min. Seems like some sort of bug is going on, I never had to wait the full duration displayed in the menus.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.