Unable to do any damage

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Shockles, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Shockles

I've had entire game sessions where I can take damage but cannot deal out damage to others, friend or foe. I hear the impact sound and can see a small flash/spark where I clearly scored a hit, but I get no red hit indicator and the target takes 0 damage. This happens with all weapons I've tried, including all vehicles and turrets. It usually happens about 5-10 minutes into game play.

Game = Unplayable.

Do you guys even read the forums?
    • Up x 7
  2. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

I'd like to get some information about your connection.

1. Who is your ISP?
    2. Make and model of the modem and router (home/school/office)?
    3. Type of connection (Wireless/Wired)?
    4. DSL, Cable or Fiber?
    5. Have you made any recent changes to your connection to the Internet?
    6. How are you connecting to the Internet? Do you do any connection sharing or use a home network? Router/hub/switch? What kind? Have your tried bypassing them just for troubleshooting? What was the result? Where are you connecting from(home/school/office)?

Thanks!
  3. Navoletti

i have this problem,since the update 2 and hotfix i see much lag in the game and shuttering,for moments appear the flickering bug screen flash of the beta and lost all fps random times.

now i play 3 hours and later have this problem,i shot other people but they no receive damage.
  4. Shockles

I'd like to get some information about your connection.

1. Who is your ISP? Comcast
    2. Make and model of the modem and router (home/school/office)? NETGEAR N WNR2000
    3. Type of connection (Wireless/Wired)? Wired
    4. DSL, Cable or Fiber? Cable
    5. Have you made any recent changes to your connection to the Internet? None
    6. How are you connecting to the Internet? Do you do any connection sharing or use a home network? Router/hub/switch? What kind? Have your tried bypassing them just for troubleshooting? What was the result? Where are you connecting from(home/school/office)? I connect directly from the modem at home. No one else is on my network.

I understand why you have to gather this information, but I should just let you know that it isn't my internet connection. My game was perfectly fine and I never had this problem before the update and the hotfix. This has only happened to me after the GU2 and the hotfix.
    • Up x 3
  5. shamE

You are not alone. I've had the problem since the update as well. Infantry weapons deal damage but it takes entire mags to kill people and rocket launchers do no spash damage.
    • Up x 1
  6. Grimzz

ah yes i have this problem too
    but not always..
    while defending The Crown on Brigss
    at first i killed so many people with ML-7(got 300cert in 2hours)
    and then strange thing happening,my ML-7 won't do any damage anymore,then i try shooting the ground right below me..
    and there's no damage at all..
    so that's why i don't get any kill anymore.. o_0
    other weapon working just fine though..
    moar bug?
  7. Sylvanicus

Just experienced this same problem. Was gonna post a thread about it but I'll reply to this one. I was experiencing the exact same thing. Basically it's like being in a warpgate all the time. People twitch like you've hit them, but you get no hit indicator and it does no damage. Enemies and friendlies.

Here's the relevant info.

1. Who is your ISP? Verizon
    2. Make and model of the modem and router (home/school/office)? GT704-WG-B (I think, sorry if I'm an idiot here)
    3. Type of connection (Wireless/Wired)? Wired
    4. DSL, Cable or Fiber? DSL
    5. Have you made any recent changes to your connection to the Internet? Nope.
    6. How are you connecting to the Internet? Do you do any connection sharing or use a home network? Router/hub/switch? What kind? Have your tried bypassing them just for troubleshooting? What was the result? Where are you connecting from(home/school/office)? Chord comes out of phone jack in wall, plugs in to router, another chord comes out of router plugs into my computer. This is all at home. That's it basically.
  8. LibertyRevolution

I have this same issue on my second PC.

This PC plays the game fine, when my friend logs in on the other PC, after about 10 mins, the server seems to lose its location.
    From my computer, I see my friends dot on the minimap jumping around in many places at once, but from that computers perspective, it is everyone else that is jumping around.

Other comp cannot get hit indicators, even though it shows flinch mechanic happening on that screen, the bullets go right though me into the wall, not hitting me at all, not making my screen shake.
    I have my second comp gunning my lib, point blank with dalton on a turret, no hit indicators.

Her repair gun works, and she can spot people, just cannot get a hit indicator on anything with any gun.

We are on same lan, we both have AMD chips.
    That comp has a 4870 and DDR2 and win 7 32-bit.
    This comp has GTX570, and DDR3 and win7-64-bit

This comp works fine, playable (other than that lag spike frame drop), the other comp its like you shoot blanks.
    Only way to fix the server not knowing when you are is to use the warpgate to another continent then come back.
    Then for 10-15mins hits register, then it goes all bonkers again bouncing around the map and no hit indicators.
    Minimap shows the player in multiple locations, I can hit and kill other computer, but it cannot hit me, even at point blank.

Everything was fine until the hotfix AFTER update 2.
    We were playing fine together since the 2nd week in December, until this hotfix for update 2.
    Session times of 6-8 hours without issues on either PC. I have 20 days of playtime.. now suddenly this.

TL;DR:
    So.. on the same cable, on the same router, one comp has the issue, the other doesn't.
    Issue started after update 2 hotfix.

PC with issues specs:
    AMD phenom II x2 555
    Asus M3A78-CM AM2 motherboard
    Corsair DDR2 800, 4GB
    ati 4870 1GB
    win7 32-bit
    Stock clocks, no overclocking.

Answers:
    Cox
    Motorola (isp provided)
    Wired
    Cable
    No changes
    Tp link Gbit w/ n wireless, home network.
    Reset everything, no change.
  9. Thenlar

I am having this exact same problem as well. It's pretty troubling to me since I just bought a 6 month subscription today. This trouble just began with Game Update 2.

1. Who is your ISP? Comcast
    2. Make and model of the modem and router (home/school/office)? Modem: RCA DCM425C. Router: Belkin N600 Wireless Router
    3. Type of connection (Wireless/Wired)? Wireless
    4. DSL, Cable or Fiber? Cable
    5. Have you made any recent changes to your connection to the Internet? None.
    6. How are you connecting to the Internet? Do you do any connection sharing or use a home network? Router/hub/switch? What kind? Have your tried bypassing them just for troubleshooting? What was the result? Where are you connecting from(home/school/office)? Router, I am the only computer connected to it currently. Connecting from my home.
  10. Shockles

It's good that more and more people are reporting this problem. I hope more people continue to post here so that SOE will fix it ASAP.
    • Up x 1
  11. Aranrya

I am having the same issue. It seems to happen after the first few respawns in a big fight. None of my shots that are clearly hitting the target at point blank range register hit markers. The enemy turns around and kills me. Minimap shows enemies and friendlies both spazzing around. Both fall through the floor occasionally.

1. Who is your ISP? - Cox(face)
    2. Make and model of the modem and router (home/school/office)? - Motorola
    3. Type of connection (Wireless/Wired)? - Wired
    4. DSL, Cable or Fiber? - Cable
    5. Have you made any recent changes to your connection to the Internet? - None
    6. How are you connecting to the Internet? - Very carefully
    7. Do you do any connection sharing or use a home network? - No connection sharing. Home network.
    8. Router/hub/switch? - Yes
    8a. What kind? - Linksys wireless router WRT54G2 V1
    9. Have your tried bypassing them just for troubleshooting? - Not yet
    9a. What was the result? - n/a
    10. Where are you connecting from(home/school/office)? - Home

Thanks! - You're welcome!
  12. Iscariott

1. Burlington Telcom
    2. I don't know/linksys
    3. Wired
    4. Fiber
    5. No - none of us have.
    6. No
    7. No
    8. Fix it
    9. Fix it
    10. Fix it. The only thing that has changed for any of us is your patch. Roadmap this for me: Fix it.
  13. Aranrya

Just as a quick note: This seems to be restricted to only a few classes for me. Namely HA for now. I am testing the others, but so far Infil and LA are fine for me.

Eh... nevermind. Tried it with a turret in a larger fight and it failed to register any hits at all. It was an anti-infantry turret.
  14. Soldiermandude

I've had this same problem since the GU2. I don't think it's a network hardware or ISP problem. It seems to happen more on high rate of fire weapons such as LMGs, Carbines, or the rotary weapons for ESFs. I've also had it happen with an AA turret where I was getting the proximity explosions and hit indicators but doing no damage to aircraft.

1. Roadrunner
    2. Motorola
    3. Wired
    4. Cable
    5. Nope
    6. Router home network
  15. Geomancer

Add me to the list.

1. Who is your ISP? - Windstream
    2. Make and model of the modem and router (home/school/office)? - Will Update
    3. Type of connection (Wireless/Wired)? - Wired
    4. DSL, Cable or Fiber? - DSL
    5. Have you made any recent changes to your connection to the Internet? - None
    6. How are you connecting to the Internet? - Well?
    7. Do you do any connection sharing or use a home network? - No connection sharing. Home network.
    8. Router/hub/switch? - Yes
    8a. What kind? - Will Update
    9. Have your tried bypassing them just for troubleshooting? - Not yet
    9a. What was the result? - n/a
    10. Where are you connecting from(home/school/office)? - Home
  16. wingsaberules

Ive started getting this problem since the latest update, but only on lightnings, which is the vehicle i use the most :mad:
    My Modem is Sagem 2504N,
    and mines DSL
    i havent made any changes to my internet recently
  17. LibertyRevolution

This problem is NOT on our end..
    Many reports now, different ISPs, different modems, networks and not, same issues.

We all started having these problems after update 2. Your game is unplayable to some people.
  18. MisterBond

I got this rarely at launch, rarely with update 1, but update 2, holy carp, its constantly happening

Unless my ISP went down the crapper THE SAME DAY as PS2 update 2, something else is at fault here

Also, my framerate is through the roof, but my game is a stuttering mess at times since the update
  19. Shockles

It's all on SOE to even acknowledge all of these issues. I mean they broke the game for 95% of their player base, but we have yet to hear ANYTHING from them.

I still haven't even received any responses to my ingame bug reports or the threads I have started on here.
  20. Aranrya

The update did not fix this issue for me. After 10 minutes or so of game play, I am unable to do any damage to any units with any weapons. This has to be fixed. I would be more than willing to answer any questions SOE might have, and would go to great lengths to get the answers. But SOE has to ask the questions first. Tell us what to start looking for, and we'll do it.