As well as the other problems, crap flying everywhere.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by LordMondando, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Finkin

I haven't had the Flying about issue, but i've had all the rest and more. This patch made the game feel like an Alpha build....and a bad one at that. I can't believe the servers are even still up at this point.
  2. Bloodlet

And unannounced 32mb patch just hit the launcher. I guess we'll see what it fixes if anything.
  3. BR4DDERS

Higby broadcasted a message about the patch in game, they just haven't announced it on the forums yet. I have tested it and it fixes the misfiring weapons, Higby only mentioned it fixes the weapons so I don't know if it fixes anything else.
  4. Bloodlet

Apparently it did not fix warping.
  5. Feral

yea, weapons are fixed, however the warping issue is still present, damn i was really hoping it would have got cleared up
  6. LordMondando

Nope, still there. Interestingly, now I hot dropped onto Ti alloys into a bunch of TR, none of them had heads.

Farcical.

Going to try re-installing the entire client, don't think it'll work, but hey. At this stage.. whatever right?
  7. Drippyskippy

Just wanted to confirm after the hotfix i'm continuing to get the same issues with people/vehicles skipping around. Also, after about 5-10 min of playing the game either crashes or I get the graphical bug.
  8. Aerolath

Yeah it's unplayable, I think the flicker bug is occurring more frequently too
  9. Partybooper

I'd love to hear if this solves these problems, even though I don't think it will. Please report back once you tested it.
  10. LordMondando

Should news back from proper playtest within the hour. Connection to the download server certainly is not a problem.
  11. Choggo

I just logged off 4pm CST and it's still an issue. I logged in, dropped into a biolab fight no issues, we got the capture, and then it started. I'm not sure if it's just something after a certain amount of time being online, or what.
  12. Jachim

Adding my name to the list, completely unplayable about 10 minutes into the game with warping and rubber banding enemies everwhere. Acsriot my outfit lead thought i was hacking at one point yesterday due to this as I was 600 ft in the air floating across the enemy WG apparently.. when on my screen everyone else was bouncing like cartoon characters.
  13. LordMondando

Ok well didn't 'fix it' is slightly better.

Me still owning a biolab anyway (according to my outfitmates... I was slightly less warpy, but still I imagine hard to hit)

Seems worse at the start, before settling down a bit inside.
  14. Jachim

Keep testing, I doubt it'll stay fixed long.
    • Up x 1
  15. LordMondando

Be a few more minutes before this is uploaded.

But fixed...nope.

Basically, as far as I can tell, its worse outdoors than indoors.
  16. Sprintfox

Okay, okay guys. Everyone should calm down a bit.

As everyones know, there is a issue with FPS stuttering and apparently the fact of desync player characters, I would opt for the next patch, that they take more time to test and prepare it, before they roll it out.

I mean, I seriously don't care about waiting a week more, if I can count on the fact, that it will work nearly perfect (we all know, there is no absolute perfection).

So, it seems currently that the stuttering affects only certain models of graphic cards of both brands NVIDIA and AMD/ATI.
    Also, a lot of people have been reporting Error G2 and Error G29, while others have absolute no problems and a huge improvement.

Deleting the UserOptions.ini and setting the MaxFPS from 1000 to 60~120 has helped to some. Others didn't experience any improvements (me included).
  17. LordMondando

This is a different issue and it makes the game completely unplayable. Watch the videos, its not stuttering, its people flying all over the damn place constantly.

I don't mind to have to wait for it to be fixed not at all, i'd just like someone in SoE to be like 'yeah legit issue we are working on it' so far, nothing. Thats the source of my frustration so far and the frustration of the apprenlty at least dozens of others with the problem. I'm also told be an outfit mate, plenty of other peopel on Miller during our ops were warping around tonight as well as i've been. So presumably its actually quite a widespread issue.

I'm also now quite frankly an advocate of a test server that gets incremental builds uploaded to it, so this happens less in the future.
  18. Jachim

I think you misinterpret us here sprintfox, no one is raging mad, we're trying to self-diagnose a problem because SOE refuses to respond.
    • Up x 1
  19. Sprintfox

About people flying constantly all over the place, it's apparently some type of desynchronization with the server - imo. It would explain why people are warping around or just staying at the same place, blinking and not running on the same spot.

I guess SoE doesn't wants to respond yet, because they're still analyzing what's producing this kind of issue. I mean, imagine what happens if they say something right now correlated to it, when it is something totally different? Could harm the image pretty more, than just a bad given out patch.

You've to try to look through their eyes.

But yes, you are completely right when you're saying, that you expect a beta-test server, to test out the patches and report further bugs, before a patch rolls out. It would be really good, to do it this way.
  20. Psaldorn

Also seeing this on Cobalt server.

(it'll take a while to UL)