As well as the other problems, crap flying everywhere.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by LordMondando, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Azzer

Playing for extended periods, or jumping into a lot of action early on, seems to make the problem get worse and worse, a kind of snowball effect.

This would SUGGEST some sort of memory leak issue on the client.

However, I'd be equally prepared to accept that it's some major screwup with the netcode in PS2 that has been changed, as that could cause similar issues.
  2. EasyRed

3. LordMondando

Yeah, I think thats a fair inference given the limited details we have.

The main thing that speaks against it for me, is the pain field stuff. That I 'imagine' is a call the server makes (that is your location being one in which pain field should be applied). Which would speak to something going wrong causing desync.
  4. inki669

i have the same bug with people teleporting all over the place, first i though it was something wrong with my internet provider now i see a lot of people have this problem i hope they will repair it quickly
  5. pucwyczes

servers are lagging as hell, today 3/10 reavers dead because of:
    - i was close to enemy spawn room and msg displayed: get out of this area, but when i fly away its stuck so my reaver is getting damage and dies
    - i landed for repairs and as soon as i left my reaver i got teleported back to spawn panel or last place i exited for repairs
    - got hit by about 4 rockets 10 meters from warpgate, before i was flying over crown and got locked, used flares and ran away to warpgate for ammo, there was no lock-on indicator, i used cockpit view all the time

also on infantry im getting hit but im dead after 3 seconds, guy from tr pmed me and told me my dead body was moving on the ground
  6. LordMondando

Yeah.. I seriously doubt this issue is my ISP, again to reiterate. Was playing fine 10-12am GMT 2/2/2013 (and have never had this problem) 8pm GMT 2/2/2013 nothing but this problem game unplayable.

Also playing a series of other mutliplayer games, fine.

So unless BT decided to get into a massive conspiracy with several over ISP's around the world, and make it such that about 1% of the players of planetside had everything warp everywhere constantly.

far..far more likely its an issue in the build of the engine.
  7. Eisenhauer

this issue is not caused by laggy servers. its the same on various different servers and it was the same this early morning CET as it is all afternoon and now this evening CET.

furthermore if it was about laggy servers other people in my outfit playing with me would have the same problems that i have.
  8. LordMondando

If this were a serve lag issue, i'd expect other members of my outfit who live relatively small distances away to be having comparible problems. They are not.
  9. pucwyczes

Well, 25 ms ping 0% packet loss what else it might be ?
  10. Eisenhauer

its also not about ISP's. i got a rockstable latency to the EU servers and not packet loss at all. and just to double check i am monitoring that latency and packet loss non-stop since this morning: perfectly fine.

i play other MMORPG's or FPS perfectly fine in multiplayer: League of Legends, Call of Duty, World of Warcraft all runs smooth as butter.
  11. inki669

tried to play right now, everything was good for about 10 mins except tanks wouldnt fire just make a noise and then everything started to fly around again, the funny thing a just started to fire everything around me to try to understand how much time will it take to server to do anything, then a funny thing happend i've got a lot of exp for killing vehicles and players so i can defenetly tell its makeing problems not only for me but also for other people (sorry for bad english)
  12. LordMondando

Looks like SoE are well and truely back into work. Bumping with the hope i'll see the next post by someone with a red name being all like 'yeah we are aware of this one, looking into it'.
  13. Apneal

GFX card isnt **** if your processor doesn't keep up.

Had to upgrade my CPU for planetside even though every other game ran fine, lol.
  14. Feral

Anyone having luck with this yet? Like others said first getting into warpgate, it appears fine, and then goes downhill quickly from there, not exactly fun getting shot down with no way to retaliate.
  15. BenYeeHua

It need 15 years later CPU to running it.:D
    • Up x 1
  16. Diplocaulus

My specs:

Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz
    2 GeForce GTX 560 Ti FPB (Fermi) 1GB video cards (paired via SLI)
    12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
    Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit
  17. msueirro

What a disaster. So many problems I stopped reading. I've also stopped playing. Here's a few bugs of mine, though they are bound to be repeats.

On the Crown:

N side AA turret fires blanks
    E side Phalanx cannon fires blanks
    Screens at openings at air pad level seem to be missing
    Down mover at the air pad level shows, that is the lavender down moving dots, but there is no opening in the floor!
    Up mover at the air pad level shows, but there is no opening in that floor either.

And like everyone else, Lightning cannons fire blanks.

This is so ****** up. You need to roll back the previous version of the game till you get this **** fixed.
  18. msueirro

You know, I played for hours yesterday, before the "hot fix." I had none of these problems. Seriously, roll this back to a version that worked fairly well. Then test your new patches before going live. Heads need to roll on this one.
  19. Ripshaft

You were in a restricted area, obviously they released gas on you that distorted your senses and made you see some crazy, crazy stuff. Wasn't included in the patch notes, but it's pretty damn cool I think.

On a side note, daaaayyyuuummmm that sucks lol, I've been having a crapton of problems, but somewhat less severe than that so far.
  20. LordMondando

Bump, again.