RECAP: Friday Night Ops - Episode 18

Discussion in 'Friday Night Ops' started by Luperza, Jan 29, 2013.

1. sustainedfire

I can tell you, that yes, there are 2 different SMGs per faction.
  2. Drsexxytime

Thanks. Any links or details on them? I guess I missed the info.
  3. sustainedfire

No links. Though if you watch the last FNO video, when they are showing the SMG, there are 2 SMG options when they are unlocking the SMG.

I have no idea what the differences could possibly be, an SMG is an SMG- or not?
  4. Suroped

Let me guess - shotgun smg, little chaingun smg and rainbow ray of destruction smg. Just joking. But i hope that TR SMGs won't have 20 more bullets in each magazine.
  5. DavidS

Quoted for truth.

When are you guys gonna pay more attention to the ACTUAL Planetside 2 forums? Stop focusing so much on these other sites. It's a pain in the *** to stay up to date on what is going on.

Seriously.
  6. obsidn

Yeah I'd be interested in hearing if the Mag is as OP as some people claim. What would be really cool, but highly unlikely. Is if you could give survivability and kill rates/percentages in certain stock situations. Such as Mag V Prowler, Mag V Vanguard, in fact, Mag V any vehicle.

I find statistics and trends highly entertaining to research in video games.

Maybe you could through some statistical calculations using 'R' to show us trends across servers.

Or better yet, have some way to give us the raw data so the community can sift through it themselves.

.....*sigh*.......I can dream........ :(
  7. Maer

There is a statistic being thrown around.. something like Magriders KDR versus other MBTs

1.7 Mag, .8 Prowler, .5 Vanguard

But they also said there are certain other statistics.. like Magriders are twice as likely to have a gunner, and twice as likely to be fitted with anti-infantry guns. They contribute heavily to it and have to be considered.

The idea of a magrider is overpowered. It's unique trait is mobility. Until we have TR tanks able to go siege mode ala Starcraft and NC tanks temp shield being boosted, no amount of mag nerfing will bring it into balance and still maintain usefulness
    • Up x 1
  8. Eclipson

Im kind of worried about this Friday night ops, as seeing the rage going around in the fourms about the update not being released, I have a feeling that there are going to be a load of raging people spamming the comments during the video. Honestly, you should really just work on the update instead of doing FNO tonight.
  9. gunfox

IF we have to follow you on twitter to get informations, could you guys please at LEAST stop forwarding all this VS spam already? As if there's not enough faction bias already in the game. How about you developers just stay neutral, as you don't have to rely on a single character/faction anyways? I think this would make everyone feel more comfortable. #VS4LIFE
  10. sustainedfire

I guess its live, but I cannot see the stream? F this is frustrating.
  11. Bindlestiff

Just not getting the tunnel additions at all. Perhaps it is my own fault for expecting too much, but seriously, its just going to be empire pinball under these bases. Where are the large tunnel sections for strategic regrouping? Where are the tunnel sections for fighting? These might as well just be teleports from spawn room to under SCU for example and save everyone the hassle.

Dear oh dear...
  12. Lord Robert

When: 02/01/2013 4PM - 8:30PM PST
    Server: TBD

Or not, whatever...
  13. AlecLight

When you guys were asking for any opinions on cloaking earlier in the stream. What if you had an infiltrator that can cloak his teammates around him just like a medic can heal his teammates.

Just a thought. Cheers

Jos from BoG
  14. Ultramarine

I'm i the only one who sees nothing up? nothing live, no episode 18 posted,
  15. Skadi

I hope the NC one wont have a higher RoF than ours, and still do more damage.
  16. Daimond

Maybe one of these days, all the dervs could try a game called Planetside 1. It has 10 years of of data and ballace you all could of drawn on to get the basics to start with, after all you took the names of everythign and look, just not much els.
    This game called PS1 also had a class called Infiltrator, it could perma cloak long as you didnt do so much you ran out of stamaina, While cloaked you cuold knife people, shoot a pistol, place mines, C4 spitfires and all sorts of things, and there were many counters to them., there were not many complaints about cloakers, then anyother class. So to try and say adding being able to knife while cloaked in this game would be OP is just silly.
    Might just be a bad idea and all to look at a predecessor to this game that was around with paying customers that payed 10-15 a month for 10 years. After all what could of they be doing right all that time?
    The only reason PS1 didnt go much of anywhere was SOE did not promote the game at all right from the get go. so trying to get people to pay 10-15 a month, from people that were use to just buying a game and playing for free, that thought PS1 was just as big as a BF or COD type game was hard.
    and yes not everything in that game was a good idea, but your slowly heading that route best to brush up on the game, and see what is with using, and hey might even beable to use 10 years of balancing they had to help.
  17. Copain

PS1 wasn't anything special, it was just a game that had been around forever and had a decade's worth of content.

Give PS2 a Decade and I'm sure you'll say how PS2 was great when PS3 or something is made.

But since I know you won't agree with this on any level (The "vets" who love to ***** any time a dev post in hopes of suddenly getting some change that we all know won't happen), go back to PS1.
  18. JojoTheSlayer

Cloaking in PS1 was much more involving even at launch than infil is in PS2.
    The PS2 version is boring comparably. The biggest issue is that all the roles in PS2 are combat roles, some with light support.

In PS1 there where arguable pure support roles which also meant they where more fleshed out.
    In the Friday OP that night WHunt guy asked for tips on Infils. If he wanted a ton of inspiration he could have just compiled a ton of cloaker stories from the PS1 forum and found out indirectly how many cloakers had fun without getting a large KD ratio, but that seems foreign to some of the Devs.

Also, IF you payed attention to the changes in PS2 you would have noticed that allot of them are from Vets influence because its easy for Vets to point out the things PS1 did right rather than reinventing the wheel. Dosent mean Vets want everything from PS1 in PS2 because there where things in PS1 that didnt work as well, but those things are not asked for for obvious reasons. Ignoring past lessons wont benefit you in the future...

Its just like the saying "If you want to learn about the future, read history!"
  19. Weatherford

[TRAF] didn't take kindly to being told that there were only 'zerg' outfits on the opposite teams during the interview. They quickly rallied two of our platoons and an air support unit against them on Indar after that comment. Despite Jimmies "hacking," we noosed the VS warpgate with a full two platoons of the Republics finest! It sucked that our operation events started only at the end of Friday Night Ops cast so that wasn't broadcast.

You have the respect of [TRAF], Blaze of Glory and D3RP.

Great event. It was fun to fight against an organized VS force on Jaeger. Usually only [EZC] on the NC can provide resistance to our goals on our Operation nights. Here's to many more!
  20. Copain

I repeat that Planetside 1 hasn't been out for a decade and wasn't in design long enough to have all this stuff that people are like "OH THAT WAS IN PS1" right away.

And yes, a lot of changes are because of players suggesting good ideas that fit the game, it doesn't have to do about their history. And I don't care if you're a "Vet" or not. What annoys me is the people like that guy who get pissed because the game isn't exactly like that and need to **** post.

Also that's an incorrect quote. The world is flat by that logic. Humans need to always progress, not get stuck in one way. We aren't the center of the universe like we used to think, the world isn't flat, math and education aren't pointless.