[Suggestion] From a Mag Driver: Don't nerf the Mag, Nerf the Saron HRB

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Goodkat, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Goodkat

I know it is getting a velocity nerf coming, but I would say the greatest problem with this gun is its effectiveness against both infantry and vehicles. As a Mag pilot, my gunners may hate me for saying so, but my most frequent gunner (dozens of hours logged together) even agrees there is almost no reason to have any other secondary gun. My suggestions are this:

Reduce or remove splash from HRB making it an anti-vehicle gun only and forcing direct hit kills on infantry. At the same time, increase the splash on the halberd to make it superior to HRB in close combat. Also, buff the PPA against infantry (add a splash damage), as it is currently as krappy as the HRB is overpowered.
  2. Ujelly Trollicus

It already has almost no splash. You need direct hits to kill infantry. Not the those are at all hard to get with the weapon.

It is still going to be the best secondary of any faction after the nerf. The enforcer buff will probably be huge, but it still won't be as good as the rail beam.
  3. Goodkat

It has the largest splash of any Mag secondary.
  4. SinerAthin

How about we buff/nerf one thing at a time?

Combining a buff and a nerf at the same time is rarely a good idea.

I say we give the NC a decent AT secondary, THEN consider the rest of the factions.