Yay, another update delayed!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by HerbertKnivez, Jan 29, 2013.

1. AdmiralArmchair

Well, I'd rather have a functional patch over a non-functional patch. But yeah, it's annoying that it has to be delayed. :/
  2. HerbertKnivez

I agree, I would rather a fuctional patch, one delay on one patch, I can deal with it, two or three patches, ehh, fine. But EVERY single patch is getting delayed, that is the problem here, time management, scheduling, I couldn't do the coding better, or at all. But set a later date, then people will be happy that it came early, instead of angry that it came out later then expected.
    • Up x 1
  3. CommandoTom

jesus christ sony i know this is a free game and all but wtf, you don't just promise something for months, give it a release date, and then the day before just casually delay it for an unknown length of time...
    • Up x 1
  4. DeltaGun

They delay every update :)

Just expect every update to be a week later than they say originally.
    • Up x 1
  5. NCmagnetarN7

WHAT! no update, that's it i'm leaving this planet.

however a triple SC sale might cheer me up :D
    • Up x 2
  6. CaptCran

I think they should just keep it a secret when they're going to have updates. It's like saying Merry Christmas the day after New Year day in October..... ya know? False hope in a Galaxy far, far away in the restricted zone......o_O
    • Up x 1
  7. Rhumald

I don't see how. This is the unfortunate truth of every company that tells you they're delaying an update, someone complains; you just happen to be that sucker this time 'round.

At least they told us in advance, so we know they know of an issue or two, and are fixing it instead of, as an earlier poster very maturely stated;
    I have been in countless situations where the company either never tells it's players that they're delaying the update, not even after it's been delayed for a few days, and pretends like it was Business as usual, or just releases the unfinished patch, and lets the players suffer through the entirely broken code, makes a post like "we know about XXX issue, don't bug us about it, we're working on it, expect it the end of next month."

I guess we've come to expect that, but Given that they were on-time with the last update, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt here and say that yes, if they say it's a minor delay, it's a minor delay, live with it; goodness knows that if you're not new to the gaming community, you've lived with far worse.
  8. Wizz

No, pretty sure the amount of people in life who get angry over a delay are inthe extreme majority. It's extremely rare that you see someone not getting annoyed over a delay of something.

Now about the SOE delay...they have been promising since december that they will answer the prayers of everyone complaining on January 30th. Every ***** post, or cry for help has been damped by "Hey! Just wait until the 30th :D". It's January 29th...everyone is excited (I know I was at work mentioning that I was excited to see the fixes being promised for over a month) and we all see a forum post saying DELAY. Not only that, but they are extremely vague saying "tweaks and final testing". Okay, of what? What are you testing? What's changing? At least give us more than a single sentence to read. They could've release even a few patch notes ahead of time.
    • Up x 2
  9. Rhumald

They didn't even give us a promise, these are monthly updates, the Roadmap plan, it's hard not to set an end date for the patches when they are planned items to be released that month, even if you never specify a date.

What they are doing is being transparent; we get to see what they're working on, and how far it's come along, so that we can anticipate things, and plan for them. This includes cash shop items we may wish to purchase, so that we can set aside personal funds, or save up certs for them.

... besides, they need to set dates, if they don't set deadlines they'll just keep working on it, and you'll never have a finished product, until it's too late for the finished product to be good anymore... Duke Nukem Forever anyone? I thought we'd learned from that mistake; deadlines, no matter how many times you break them, are an absolute must, and help maintain a necessary amount of transparency from the company to the customer.

edit: goodness, two trains of thought in the same thread is dangerous to potential double posting.
  10. Chipay

Now if we would look at the other side of things, this looks like bad connection between the media team (the ones who interact with the players) and the team of coders. By constantly asking SOE WHEN UR GUNNA FIX THESE BUGS AND CRASHES?!?! They had to announce a date, and fast. Seems like the biggest part of SOE wrongly guessed the time needed to fix these bugs, that plus the roadmap thing could've caused the delay of the patch. Given the time of announcement, it seems like (hopefully) there's just some 'last minute' work and testing to be done.

We've been waiting for months, for a patch this big we could wait some extra days.
  11. Iscariott

12. Yosarian

Nobody gives two nanites about your opinion. If you studied basic english you'd know that was an insult not a threat so why don't you go back in the pit of spartan throw away kids you crawled out of. Nobody needs your <70IQ input.
  13. Yosarian

Expect the least out of people and you're rarely disapointed, but never impressed.
  14. VelcroPudding

Sony - "Hey guys we had a few bugs and we need to delay the patch so we can make sure it's not going to break the game"
    OP - "OMG I took the day off for the patch! The world is going to end!"
    Rest of the World - "Boy honey, you make the best scrambled eggs! Well, off to work."
    • Up x 2
  15. Yosarian

I don't give a rats *** when the patch is just don't lie to me. Tell me it's 6 months out so it's a bonus when it's early, don't just lie to your customers and blow smoke up their butts when you have no real clue when you'll be able to let it go live.
  16. Believer

• Up x 2
  17. Yosarian

That may be true but computer programmers are like children, if you let them think they're awesome and can do no wrong, you're only setting them up for a sad time when the real world gets a hold of them.
  18. Believer

implying that computer programmers have feelings? :D
  19. Yosarian

I know they have feelings, I just wish one of them was pride...if they had any pride in their work they wouldn't have released this game in this condition. It's like an artist letting his painting go to the gallery before the damn thing's finished painting just because he needs to make rent.
  20. TheAppl3

"Yay, another update delayed!"

Yay, another complaint!