Yay, another update delayed!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by HerbertKnivez, Jan 29, 2013.

1. HerbertKnivez

Title says it all...
    • Up x 1
  2. Ecko

And if you read the entire update post. It says it's still going to be released within this week. Jokes on you.
    • Up x 6
  3. italktowalls

are u annoyed by this? or are u happy?
  4. sagolsun

Delayed > SOE's specific version of flaky, botched ducttape code

[IMG]
    • Up x 5
  5. HerbertKnivez

The joke is not on me.... It is still delayed, isn't it?

Yes, I am very happy the patch that is supposedly going to fix the terrible lagspikes is delayed...
  6. Ecko

Delayed by a few days. Hardly anything to complain about. Now, if it was delayed for a month then for sure.
  7. italktowalls

well they did say that things included in the patch could change based on player feedback. and i would much rather them send out a decent patch then a rushed one.
  8. HerbertKnivez

Ever noticed when SOE says a patch is delayed by 30 min, it is 4 hours? I feel like that is what is going to happen here and it will be a month...
  9. HerbertKnivez

Yeah, I would much rather them send it out complete, but you'd think they would try to be on time, as most of us have performance issues (At least since the 17/1/13 patch) and we have been waiting a month for it already.
  10. Ecko

Well, if you're pro with coding and programming. Go show them how.
  11. HerbertKnivez

I'm not saying that I am pro with anything, I am just saying they have a schedule, maybe they should keep it.
  12. Ecko

Technology can be unpredictable.
  13. HerbertKnivez

Yes, but should it mess up on every single patch? No, no it should not.
  14. QRLegion

Well I've never had any terrible lag spikes, maybe it's a problem with your hardware or internet connection to the server you are playing on.
    Also I don't remember them specifying the patch was going to address anything related to lag spikes. It mentioned possibly improving performance for people with lower end CPU's, but the rest of the changes seem to be about bug fixes and gameplay changes. Also as others have said, things this complicated can often take longer than expected, no point in releasing it on the scheduled day if it's not going to work.
  15. HerbertKnivez

Ok, I know it isn't a problem with my hardware, but lets not go into that. I am sick of people getting up me for not being able to afford a new computer, but thats what I am trying to say, don't schedule a specific date if you know you can't get it out on time, if you had to, lets say do a report for work on financial crap, would it be ok to go up to your boss, every time you have a report and say that you will give it to him later?
  16. TheEvilBlight

Surprised they didn't just take out the features that weren't acceptable and release the truncated patch.

"Hey guys, here's the rest of what we promised-we took the rest out due to Roadmap and will hotfix it later".

But whatever works for SOE.
    • Up x 1
  17. XRIST0

So they tell you this on the day its supposed to be released ? this update was scheduled for today since last year .

Soe are unorganised , dissapointed . Doesn't really suprise me they would do something like this . Very unprofessional , they had a whole month to prepare for this release and delay it even further .
    • Up x 2
  18. Rhumald

I'm happy they're giving us a complete patch, instead of somethign half *****, they even stopped updating the daily sales to crunch down on this for a while, if they've run into some issues and it'll take a little bit longer, AT LEAST they are working on it and being honest with us... i can think of countless other companies I've dealt with that don't and it always drives me up a wall, and they end up seeing half the community temporarily quit because the game's become unplayable, but they don't really care. The section of the SoE team dedicated to this game cares about this, and it shows.

they were very professional about it, the only way they could be more professional is if they sent an e-mail out o each and every one of us, and mass called our phone numbers to let us know they ran into problems and it would be delayed.

you want to talk unprofessional? you Really want to talk unprofessional? go play a Nexon game, they get their code handed down to them from korea, which they then half translate, and release before they're finished with it, and hot patch in all the bug fixes they knew about before release, 3 to 4 months later... and don't get me started on their 2y+ wait times in customer service.
    • Up x 1
  19. XRIST0

I dont understand ? they scheduled the "complete" patch for today , and this was noted back early January .. almost an entire month ago

But then the day comes and they write some uninfomative post about how its going to be delayed and released later during the week because they are doing final tweaks and testing ...

They should have been working hard and finished the patch weeks ago and already had done the final tweaks and testing .

Its just broken promises , all lies and excuses to keep customers happy up until the day .
  20. Booticus

lol, OP is throwing his toys because an update has been slightly delayed?

It takes a f**k ton of immaturity to not be able to handle a slight increase in wait for something you want.
    • Up x 3