Totalbiscuit says only vanu knew the Ultimate Empire Showdown would be on Amerish (VERY WRONG) lol

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Exoz, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exoz

This guy is amazing really. In the video below, he says that there was a big conspiracy theory about how the vanu were somehow told the fight would be on Amerish and they went ahead and warpgate locked the TR and NC (on most servers). However if you read here http://www.planetside2.com/news/ues-join-the-fight , you will see everyone could see it, that the fight was announced on amerish.

I read that, my outfit knew, we went to Amerish, we kicked butt, was it leaked? YES. Was it leaked just to vanu? NO.

Why do people like total biscuit try to make it sound like some huge conspiracy theory that vanu only were tipped off about this? SOE just make sure he has nothing to do with public events anymore, either he's just a sore loser, or mentally challenged.

Here's an excerpt from that page "Everyone can be involved in this battle between Empires and servers. Join us on Connery to play alongside LevelCap, SeaNanners and Total Biscuit, or play on other servers to show your Empire's complete superiority. All three challenges take place on Amerish."

TotalBiscuit's video:

He talks about the VS conquering amerish somewhere around 5:13 or so.

Gotta love youtube fanboy mania

Disgusting tbh
    • Up x 3
  2. fish998

He was wrong, so what, you've never been wrong? He's probably repeating things other people told him. Get over it.
    • Up x 12
  3. Exoz

So he reports things other people tell him, WITHOUT CHECKING UP ON IT, trying to make vanu look bad like we're some conspiring bunch of hooligans, not ok tbh.

As for me getting over it? I never had a problem to begin with, the VS won on the majority of servers and that's that.

I just wanted to set the records straight because there's a lot of people who seem to believe every word that comes out of this guy's mouth.
    • Up x 1
  4. Hael

He was wrong, the real battle was on Twitter.
    • Up x 13
  5. Mustang

Everyone makes mistakes, he's just a guy who plays video games, not a hero of journalism
    • Up x 5
  6. Ranik

That thing brings up the question of. IF he was part of the actual procedings how did neither he nor the NC representative get informed about it?

He acted like no one at the actual event knew where it was. I mean he was there and couldn't have missed it. Did the NC rep also not know till the last minute?
  7. WycliffSlim

To be fair, I never really got the impression he was trashing the Vanu. If anything he was critical of SOE for not doing a continent reset before the event like they should have. He made a mistake but he didn't try to make the Vanu look bad. Simply stated his opinion and like he said, if SOE would have performed a continent reset it would have been irrelevant.
    • Up x 15
  8. dragondrop

Why don't you tell him that, I'm sure he'll make an annotation to the video.
    You can call it sloppy journalism or whatever, but if you are implying that he has a hidden agenda of making the vanu look bad then you are the one with the conspiracy theories.

Edit:
    I think he said in the video that they were all informed of Amerish at the event and that they weren't supposed to tell anyone.
    He obviously didn't read that particular newspost on the website; cast him forth to hell. (please note the irony here)
    • Up x 2
  9. WycliffSlim

He clearly stated that they were all told the location several hours before the event and informed not to tell anyone. Perhaps he was unaware of the post by SOE saying that it was on Amerish. That means his logical conclusion would be the someone on the VS leaked the information after receiving it. Pay attention to the video and he clearly states that they were all told.
    • Up x 2
  10. Protential

He can say what he wants to stir up controversy, I believe Vanu leader had some fake blooper videos claiming they were TB and the NC guy...

If some super Vanu spy works at SoE and leaked this info to one magical person who gave to all vanu on every server and gave them the advantage.

That's awesome.

And This TR guy cares enough to post about it.

And NC is....Chillin *Burp*
  11. Tigga

It was kinda odd that the Vanu went out and pre-capped Amerish on a lot of servers while NC and TR tended not to.
  12. Exoz

Not saying he has a hidden agenda of anything, actually it's him who says the VS have a hidden agenda.

Me and my outfit read that post on the SOE boards that day, we went to amerish before the event started because that's where people were gonna fight. We fought there, and yes we did warpgate amerish, but we weren't "TIPPED OFF" we just read the forums about the first, biggest worldwide event in planetside2 history, the information was available to everyone, just setting the records straight.

The reason I made this post was to inform others about THE TRUTH, that's all. And also, he might want to check up on stuff before he makes a video saying a certain faction was tipped off about stuff that will be seen by hundreds of thousands of people.
  13. WycliffSlim

Oh my god, it's a freaking game! No one has hidden agenda's. They're just playing a game. He made a mistake which would have been a logical one if you didn't know about the SOE post. Give it up.
  14. dragondrop

No. You also judge him for making what was, I believe, an honest mistake.
    • Up x 1
  15. Exoz

Honest, or not, I have no idea if it is. I'm just underlining that he was wrong and what the truth is. And I'm not judging, but maybe he should take a look at the announcement SOE made before he calls an entire faction exploiters of the event.
  16. Duff_Chimp

All I know is that on EU Miller, by 11:50 gmt (10 mins to go) Vanu had taken 50% of Amerish and had 40+% population. Clearly they knew something we didn't.
  17. Exoz

The date of the post saying that the fight would be on Amerish is made on the 23rd of January :
    http://www.planetside2.com/news/ues-join-the-fight.

I guess vanu are the only ones who can read?
  18. Skadi

FOR ***** SAKE,
    Give it a rest already.
  19. Pat Cleburne

So your outfit DID in fact warpgate Amerish in a move to gain an upperhand in the upcoming competition just as TB pointed out. Yet you post here bashing TB for calling out the VS for doing this on a large scale because he thinks it was organized?

So it's OK to do it, because "everyone should have known", but it's not OK for him to call you out on it.

I think I'm in the twilight zone.
    • Up x 6
  20. Exoz

We just went there because we were expecting a fight? Way before the event even started? Because amerish is the least played continent? And we also expected a reset of territory, just like it happened on Connery? Our fault it didn't happen? Or that TR and NC didnt fight hard enough to get pushed back? Really? You sir, made my day.

Also, wasn't just my outfit, there were at least 4 outfits. We all talked about it in leader chat and agreed we'd go before the event starts, so that we could be there when the territory reset came (which never happened)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.