Rate UES

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Xoan, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Xoan

With a simple Pass or Fail.

My opinion -- Fail.
    • Up x 20
  2. FA_Q2

It was a garbage event for me because I spent the entire ******* thing looking at a queue for Amerish that I was NEVER going to be able to get into. I am really angry about the way that they held this crap shoot.

Fail, SOE. That is a complete fail when you post this event that half the people get to participate in. I can pretty much guarantee that I will not even bother next time.

Rated - FAIL
    • Up x 5
  3. Mootar

I thought it was awesome tbh.

About 2/3 of the missile spamming zerg suddenly disappeared from Indar and I had a ton of fun ganking Liberators & ESFs with my tank buster around crossroads and zurvhan amp station.

Keep up the good work SOE
  4. VictimP

At least Higby publicly showed his bias.
    • Up x 3
  5. Alible

It was a great idea, but the entire event was ******* ****** from the livestream point of view.
    I couldnt agree more, they queue for just getting into the SERVER was over 3 hours, even with 20th in queue it was an ETA 22mins. 3 hours later, event over VS=2 TR=1 NC=0. SoE hosted a terrible event but had a great idea.
  6. Wibin

I thought it was great. I had a great time working with amazing players.

All my members qued up and got in without issues.
  7. Pemtaphalon

From what I hear he was saying something along the lines of "people who say the VS are OP are just cry babies" or something.
    I agree that so many people exagerate on the UP NC or the OP VS etc, but I think it comes more form the frustration of being told you are wrong to think that, despite such a huge population of these forum posts are on that very topic

anyway, any chance you can get some quotes of his bias? I'm curious to hear the exact words
  8. Dexta117

Complete and utter fail
    • Up x 1
  9. Joram

The stream was a big fail, going offline and with tons of audio issues, but was fun to watch when it worked.
  10. Spektage

SOE made fools out of themselves today. Great idea but they weren't prepared or organized. Shot themselves in the foot.

Rate = fail
    • Up x 2
  11. Dusty El Lion

Meh.

The event was poorly structured to provide a fair training ground on the various servers. Queues made pop imbalances permanent, the bastion challenge was literally who had it first, and the territory challenge was clearly biased towards the high population.

As far as the live stream..... well they were ******** and it was laggy.
    • Up x 1
  12. Locke

It was almost good
    • Up x 2
  13. Zecthans

It was a failure flat out failure. They really think the will ever be a MLG game? Seriously? I think they are biteing off more than they can chew (You smedly), smedly loves to **** up games.

Rate = Fail
  14. Idono

It was fun to play when it was fairly even. NC completly dominated Woodman rightbefor our pop fell. We had the first event and almost had the second. Problem is that the NC are **** at close to medium range. Our MAXes got pwned by TR hands down because we couldn't compete with Cycler Maxes. Overall i think it was fun right untill the sever unbalance in weapons and vehicles started showing.

This was never about showing off the competetive side. The competetive side will be something completly different from this.
  15. Borderline

Planning Fail - Resetting the maps on some servers and not others. Only fighting on one continent, effectively cutting out two thirds of your players. Then not maintaining faction balance on that continent... Online voting? Seriously? No devs policing the warp gates and kicking the AFKers.
    Equipment Fail - Especially during the second challenge, game play was near impossible. Throughout, even the membership queues were reaching two and three hours (while BR1 free to play players were flooding in for some reason)

Gameplay: No events? Are these the same people that did the end of beta events and PS1 farewell? What happened to the massive dog fights? Chase the rabbit? Instead we got "Fight over this continent for an hour", like we weren't planning on doing that every other time we log in. Now fight over just one base, which we will arbitrarily give to one faction first...even though every beta tester knew that the servers couldn't handle that many players in a single hex. Also, we are going to disable the hot drop over that base, so good luck you other two factions. FAIL
    • Up x 1
  16. Vortok

As a viewing experience - fail. The twitch stream was awful in almost every way. I've seen guys stream from their own home have a more stable stream while having a larger number of viewers.

The organization was just fail as well. Several unexpected territory resets, but only on Connery so the "you can participate elsewhere" people on every other server got a different experience. Bad job of communicating how much longer to the next challenge starting, etc. Also, the second one wasn't a good choice for a goal. Everyone on the continent go to one base - welcome to pre-nerf Tech Plant render/lag issues.

In terms of just playing though (the important part), it was great that it got everybody to go to Amerish. People got to see what it's like to fight on NOT INDAR. Props for that.

SOE - makes a fun game, but can't run an event.
  17. Noktdaz

I thought it was entertaining. *shrug*
  18. Windchaser

Epic fail and waste of time. I'm glad it's over so now maybe Connery will go back to normal and not be full of BR1 dip****s.

Plus you would think something like this would have been better done AFTER the big Jan patch.
  19. ProGamerGov

Had some amazing moments that I've never had before like really huge battles and many other things.
  20. Zecthans

This was technically a Compeitition correct? This is going to see who could win. The whole entire point of this Showdown debacle was to show its competitive side , to get it exposure to the MLG. Why do you think they had a entire section of the cast dedicated to talking to that MLG guy IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BATTLE? We already knew about it earlier in the day.