I bet if you compare the average K/D ratio between all factions

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Slyguy65, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Slyguy65

TR would have the worst.

Guarantee it. We can't shoot far, and we can only kill if EVERY BULLET HITS...

Vanu have range and accuracy for up close.

NC have power and armor for well rounded.

TR...TR have nothing.
    We supposed to have "speed" but i see no difference in ROF...and even the ROF is nothing but a curse since they lowered our damaged to "balance" the ROF...so all we get is shaky guns that have big spreads that do little damage...

How the TR RoF SHOULD work is if we land all shots we should kill quicker than other factions, and if we only land a majority of shots we kill equally fast as the other factions.

ALSO if are faction benefit is supposed to be "speed"

Why is it the F'king vanu have the highest reload rates for guns...i mean seriously my TR medic gun (Cycler TRV) takes almost as long to reload as my LMG....da fuq.

So we have vanu with no recoil, perfect accuracy AND fastest reloads...jesus.
  2. FlawlessRuby

qq
    Seriously people stop being little kid. I get kill as much as I kill you guys.
    Plus K/D isn't the point of this game.
    • Up x 3
  3. Panssarikauha

You have in general, much larger clips. Thats a straight up upgrade.
    • Up x 2
  4. Bloodmyth

Well K/D isn't but dieing to faction choice instead of skill is, but there is so much qq these days I don't know how bad it is, I've played all 3 factions across different classes and I'm just as bad at them all so I see no OP ;)
  5. Slyguy65

I wouldn't say the larger clip is an advantage at all, since we shoot faster we expend bullets faster...it is nothing but a crutch, there has only been one TR gun that actually shoots super fast and kills effectively because its ROF but every other gun is a joke, just a weak gun that shoots a big spread.
  6. Slyguy65

You are the perfect example of vanu in this game...G.T.F.O

And I know K/D isn't the point of the game but it DIRECTLY impacts how effective your faction does.
    • Up x 1
  7. Armchair

TR is the king of the flinch mechanic.
    • Up x 4
  8. Obsolescence

Go play Vanu then if you think they're so great. Any TR who doesn't realize how great our faction is doesn't deserve to wear red.
    • Up x 6
  9. Slyguy65

Im no pro but i can get a killing spree as vanu and NC (mostly vanu) but on TR...never.

there is a lot of qq cause this game is poorly optimized. Maybe if they didn't play favorites with vanu (all the creators essentially play vanu some NC...maybe like one TR.)

To deny they play favorites with vanu would be an ignorant statement.

I mean the vanu have a gun that does splash damage....a gun not a vehicle gun...an infantry gun...does splash damage....only gun of its kind of any faction.
  10. QuantumMechanic

Here's proof that OP is wrong:

http://www.planetside-universe.com/character.php?stats=QuantumMechanicTR BR: 25 KDR: 0.64
    http://www.planetside-universe.com/character.php?stats=QuantumMechanicVS BR: 13 KDR: 0.6
    http://www.planetside-universe.com/character.php?stats=QuantumMechanicNC BR: 12 KDR: 0.61

My TR is my "main", so the KDR is a bit higher than the others - I spend most of my time on him. Also I primarily play infantry (while drunk), so my KDR isn't all that great.

As you can see, the KDR on all three factions is nearly the same for me. And all 3 chars are at least BR 12.

Honestly I think all weapon balance threads are p i s s. Infantry weapon balance is not perfect but good enough.
  11. The King

This Slyguy is a sadguy, especially on the server he is on.
    Every few days, he will make a new thread about how weak his TR faction is compared to others, especially against VS.
    And complain that even with 30% more population advantage, the VS with lessor numbers just stomps his whole faction.

He's just terribad.

Sly, go make a TR on another server. Maybe you will have better people that are not like your skill, but a lot better who actually know how to kill. Or that have some sort of leadership.

But really, I keep finding your posts very comical.
    • Up x 1
  12. f0d

id happily swap that POS with the MCG
    • Up x 1
  13. McFatal

You are right that, in the case of the Orion, it overshadow's the Carv on many levels.

However I find that this game is more about player skill, look at BuzzCutPsycho. Ignore his reputation for a moment, he reached BR100 by ground-pounding as infantry. He has about 1000 kills with most if not all LMG's, including the really slow RoF T16 and T32 Bull. They do the same damage as the Carv or Orion, yet his K/D is ~4.0 Clearly if guns in the game was more important, then he would suck considering he goes against VS more than the NC. 55% of his kills are VS.

Don't get me wrong, there are imbalances that you mentioned that do have merit, but they shouldn't be preventing you from getting a streak on TR, that doesn't really make sense.
  14. The King

Yes, I faced him yesterday and he was killing people left and right. He killed 4-5 people who was shooting at him pretty fast.
    He was jumping, which noobs would call "bunny hopping", I guess that contributed to it. Though, he was melting all the VS there. He had 14:2 KDR before I got sooo angry and quit the game because of how ultra overpowered that TR faction is. I almost made a forum thread too about it. My goodness, those TRs. The VS needs a buff.
  15. McFatal

Yeah I'm sure he was bunny hopping, he does that in most of his engagements, and you should too. It's cheesy but, it shouldn't be in the game and if everybody does it I'm sure it would get nerfed. Nothing is more silly than jumping around in a firefight.

Anyway, just because he was melting VS doesn't mean TR is overpowered. I can't do what he does, and I don't understand how he does it. It's like he's masterchief as if he's just lucky all the time. Hell, I've seen him take out an entire NC squad in a building with only his pistol.

But that doesn't mean TR is OP, it just means skill is OP.
  16. Abye

Cosidering the NC weapons are the least newbie friendly (note I didn't say stronger or weaker ;) ) friendly I'd expect them to be last.
  17. The King

I was being sarcastic to show how silly I sounded for the OP.
    But Yeah, I know he can do that. I feel that the VS on that server is like the TR on Slyguy's server. hehheh

I think the jumping hitbox needs to be corrected. I think as soon as they jump, their Hitbox is up, so if you were shooting at his chest, now you're shooting at the legs as soon as he press the spacebar. Which I think contributes to all the miss shots.

Of course, I haven't tested it.
  18. Flavo

Oh shut up.
  19. Bill Hicks

CYCLER nuff said
  20. Kumaro

o_O if that guy would come into my server people would wonder wtf and HS him in seconds they are nuts here. Frigging Vanu got some good aim. Or that lots of newer Vanu weapons feel like they can compete with TR weapons in RPM -w-
    However i can agree on the point if two players face and fire about the same time both aiming at the other person most of the time in that situation TR will lose due to Con of fire. However when you come around a corner there is one or two guys and you hipfire TR has a higher chance to win that encounter due to RPM and COF. But yeah once it gets a bit ranged and more accuracy dependent i see a clear disadvantage <.<

Does not mean the Imbalance is horrible just not great. But i have seen a lot of improvement in the hotfixes lately. THE G30 VULCAN GOT INCREASED RANGE WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!