[Suggestion] Need Gore!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by kungflu, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Compass

I did post something relevant.

You said that something that can be disabled would be okay. I stated that even if it an option enabled/disabled in game, Sony would be liable to sell the game as if it were on all the time. Considering the game is also marketed to Europe, it also has to follow European rules, which are more stringent.

Have you seen what they did to Counter Strike Source?

• Up x 1
  2. TheBloodEagle

See, you're watching war videos on Youtube. They generally aren't going to allow that mature raw footage. You want to see what really happens when you get by 7.62 rounds? LiveLeak.

But I'm not advocating something extreme, honestly. It's just weird how we play a game where we KILL human figures but we get all touchy when blood is suggested. Like it's O K to kill someone if it doesn't look like it ******* hurt. Even CoD and Battlefield 3 have blood. It's an FPS...not The Sims. It would also be a choice.
    • Up x 1
  3. alecholman

I'd be up for it, but, as I'm sure someone has already said in the 5 pages that I didn't read, make it an option in settings that you can turn on and off.

This would make the game more fun to me compared to making certain things suck a little less.
    • Up x 1
  4. Monnor

Get some mental care.
  5. De_Dominator

Exactly the reason why so many gunshots have taken place in the US.
    So much violence.
    Thank you COD, BF for bringing death to many people.
  6. MarkAntony

Please talk to a psychiatrist or something.
  7. SystematicKillr

I wouldn't mind blood honestly we don't really need gore though

I will propose this: there is no blood splatter/effects from gunfire until character death

basically when you get shot all effects will be the same as now, even when shields are down you will see impacts but no blood however when your character dies the last 1 or 2 bullets will produce the blood effects (and maybe ground splatter)

it will make it look like your shield is stopping bullets and when depleted your armor is stopping bullets but when the last 1 or 2 bullets hit they hit weak spots/penetrated your armor and your character dies
  8. TheBloodEagle

To the morons saying seek mental health...oh geez.

Playing games where you kill people is just fine right?
    Has anyone here even taken a psychology class? Do you know what sublimation means? Do you really suggest everyone that has made a violent, scary, realistic game/movie/image/sound needs clinical help? You know you're playing a game where you kill people, right? That's also sublimation. It doesn't mean you actually want to go kill people, nor do the people who want blood in the game. Playing these games means you're already desensitized, so how does a blood option make it any worse?
    • Up x 1
  9. FigM

I would like to have a little gore, nothing super fancy, just basic stuff. Right now, this game has 0 gore, which is just as offputting as too much gore
    • Up x 1
  10. Tobax

Won't happen ever, its to do with the maturity rating that goes along with the game and it being free2play for anyone to download without checking players ages.
  11. alecholman

Quit being a pu$sy? Just because you can't handle the effects doesn't mean an idea should be implemented; why do you think there is blood/gore in any sort of video game? If people had your mentality, the user base for games would be limited to 12 year olds.
  12. Lucidius134

J*ew is a derogitory term, not a religion

Judaism is a religion and its people are Jewish.
  13. hellaskan

I'm sure you're a nice guy in real life.. but this sort of behavior and want is exactly the kind of idiotic console gamer kid shiny ADD-having garbage that does not in any way need to infest PC gaming.
  14. Kurreah

As a general rule, its more likely to be the younger members of the playerbase who think blood and gore are "cool" and would be attracted to it. The more mature players can generally take it or leave it. Since introducing it would bring in all sorts of additional issues into the game, from legal to performance, most would probably prefer to leave it.
  15. LightningDriver

If you're more intested in gore rather than tactics and working as a team, there are plenty of other games that will satisfy your sick mind. I don't really care about your so-called entitled customer choice. Grow up.
  16. wrenched

VIRTUAL GORE != REAL LIFE GORE

you guys who think some gore in a video game makes you some sinister nutjob need help yourselves, because you are the ones who are not able to mentally distinguish between REAL LIFE VIOLENCE and FANTASY/VIRTUAL VIOLENCE
  17. oooryan

me too haha, why the hell does it have to be gory, i know its not real, but it scares me that people want this that bad :s
  18. wrenched

god this is not real war you muppet, it's a video game. Fantasy. Make believe.
  19. QuantumMechanic

I would like to see a gore option. I saw the blood splatters from alpha, and yeah they did look kinda silly.

Here SOE, watch this for inspiration:

20. subz3r01337

bestgore fans much