(WIP) - TR Phernos Helmet

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by OmegaFatCrab, Feb 7, 2016.

1. OmegaFatCrab New Member

Hi, I'm kinda new to the forums, been lurking around for a while however. I've started to rough out the shape of my first helmet and would really appreaciate some feedback and perhaps some tips on what to do in terms of detailing with the brow/top/back of the helmet.

current work in progress:
    [IMG]
  2. Arctorn Member

A solid start, but there's a lot of major feature similarity to the Dreadnought Helmet in this piece.

That being said you should definitely keep pushing this to see where it goes. If you ever get stuck with what to do next in terms of design, just google up different sci fi helmets or look through different shows/movies/books/etc. and find some inspiration. You can even look at how modern helmets are done tweak those design elements into PS2's futuristic aesthetics.
  3. OmegaFatCrab New Member

I've finally been able to work on this after being busy with school etc. Feedback and critique would be greatly appreciated.

Current work in progress:
    [IMG]
  4. Fuzz Active Member

intresting start :) might be a idea to cut it into chunks? like the jaws really good as its clear seperate areas but the rest is all 1 part.

try to think about how does the user put it on? is it in multiple bits that can be taken on/off (breather,goggles,helmet,ect) or is is comprised of a single section that folds together and has a lot of hinges and latches

also try to ramp up the visual intrest and shape. like the jaw again is cool, its got a intresting shape and lots of detail, whilst the top of the head is a simple sphere with no details. and whilst panel lines are a NC thing they can often be a cool addition
  5. PYROxSYCO Member

You're making a spacemarine helm aren't you?
  6. OmegaFatCrab New Member

Cheers, gonna try splitting some of the parts up so they make sense from an assembly viewpoint. Panel lines might also be a good and simple sollution. Will also experiment with some crest ideas and some sort of boxed vent system in the back.

It is mainly inspired by various star wars helmets and concepts, but also has some elements from mortal kombat as well as warhammer 40k.
  7. OmegaFatCrab New Member

Damn, it's been a while, but I finally had the time and motivation to do some work on this again. Not too much has changed but some progress is being made, would love some input. :)

Current work in progress:

[IMG]
  8. Fuzz Active Member

Dang thats looking great!
  9. Reaperop117 Member

I agree, this is really coming together.
  10. OmegaFatCrab New Member