VS_Mantid_Armor

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by Reaperop117, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Reaperop117 Member

Finally having time to get back into making something, this is an armor set im making to match the helmet that already got approved. making slightly different versions for the classes once i get most of the original completed. I looked at binary coders guide to double check, is there a polycount limit on character armor? i extracted some other armors to get a ballpark idea. critiques welcome!!
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Fuzz Active Member

great start :) I love the neck cowl!

Tri limit is 25k. For feedback try to push some more complex shapes and visual depth, as of now it is a solid base but if your having to compete with zealot and darkstar armours then your going to want to get it as visually intresting as they are.
  3. Reaperop117 Member

Roger that! yea i wanted to get basic shapes and silhouette first, then get the average tri count before i go full into additional details
  4. Reaperop117 Member

Wondering why this texture spot doesnt show up in the PSviewer, but it shows in Maya just fine, trying to figure it out
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  5. Reaperop117 Member

are my photos not showing up for anyone?
  6. Lobstrex Member

They were last time I checked this post, suddenly they're gone though...
  7. Reaperop117 Member

ill repost some i guess. lol
  8. Reaperop117 Member

hope these pics show up, don't know whats been going on. does anyone know whats up with this texture on the UVs showing in Maya but not in PSviewer?
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  9. Fuzz Active Member

it looks like your PSview is using the old textures (just drag n drop the textures from the PTS into the PSview folder)
  10. Reaperop117 Member

i tried to over-ride the textures, the time stamp is Friday, ‎"August ‎28, ‎2015, ‏‎5:28:00 PM" i opened the root folder for player studio and pasted them into the "PlayerStudioTextures" folder. still getting the same results, i even made a new file for the PSviewer to see if it would refresh
  11. Fuzz Active Member

weird, is it the right PS install? its definetly something to do with that i assume
  12. Reaperop117 Member

im going to delete and reinstall.
  13. Fuzz Active Member

Remember to use jerrys PS install (and then update its textures), as the regular PSview is still broken IIRC :)
  14. Reaperop117 Member

Got an update on everything. sorry for the delays
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  15. Fuzz Active Member

wow that is some seriously neat work :) the shoulders could do with a bit of work, and your sharps need a look at, but thats some really good stuff there! I love the spine
  16. Reaperop117 Member

Thanks man, yea the shoulders "bore" me visually. what do you make on the Sharps that need to be looked at?
  17. Reaperop117 Member

also, i looked at the Binary coder info about UVs and armor. wondering how to do UV3 for the decals? it says in most cases you can duplicate UV2, is there somewhere that goes further in-depth? i did a forum search where others made armor just to see if this came up and i couldnt find anything.
  18. Fuzz Active Member

For a example of a edge that might need to be sharped look at the back of the waist belt, it might be the look your going for but it looks kinda blobby. (also if you have the spare tris beveling some edges might also work well.)

for UV3 imagine that the entire of 0-1 space is 1 big decal, so place panels which want decals on it, and place areas where you want no decal out of it.
  19. Reaperop117 Member

[IMG]
    i did some tweaks for a medic Variant
    • Like x 1
  20. Reaperop117 Member

[IMG]
    infiltrator variant