TR Armor Collection

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by Giz, May 15, 2018.

1. Giz Active Member

I will be posting each armor set one by one. It's going to be a long process but I want to make an armor set for each class. Got inspired by Doku and Faven to make my own.

Feedback, please.

Starting with Light Assault
    [IMG][IMG]
  2. Fuzz Active Member

neat start, the chestplate looks solid! theres a few minor gripes though, sorry if these sound harsh but as always I assume you want critisism :)

- from the 3/4 shot the shoulderpad looks kinda weird and wobbly?

- the backpack looks a bit low-poly?

- IMO its a cool idea but makes little sense
    - where does that tube go?
    - is that a big intake or a big jet? if its a jet engine should the blades not be rotated?

Even though its sci-fi it should always kinda 'show' how it works, like if the engine itself turns (like a harrier) should there not be some details showing this, if now how about some small flaps to control flight?

- it might be an idea to turn the shins 90* round? they look pretty neat but like that its going to cause chafing
    • Like x 1
  3. Giz Active Member

Thanks for the feedback, it wasn't harsh. But here are the changes. Got rid of the turbine fans.

[IMG]
  4. Giz Active Member

Update
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. Fuzz Active Member

much better :)
    • Like x 1
  6. Reaperop117 Member

im digging the jetpack man! im working on a new armor set for the VS. I am very inspired by the zealot series.
  7. Giz Active Member

Thanks, I'm currently finishing up the Medic set. Tweaking the textures and I'll post it up here
  8. Giz Active Member

Can anyone help me out? Can someone Rig my armor to the skeleton, please? I had to whipe my drive and I no longer have Maya installed on my C Drive. Inbox me if u can help me out.
  9. Reaperop117 Member

rigging isnt my strength. I was going to turn my armor in rigid
  10. Giz Active Member

Yeah same, can you turn in an unrigged submission?
  11. Reaperop117 Member

i thought you could but it would take longer to get approved. there is even a material for a rigid character in the ps viewer so im guessing that is what its for?
  12. Fuzz Active Member

you can turn in an unrigged submission but

- the more work DBG has to do on their end the longer its going to take

- submitting armour you submit a .fbx via email, not a .soepsx

- if DBG rigs it I think they use the autoweights in maya which have *so* many issues.

Honestly your best bet is blender its a small download and is easy to rig in.
    • Like x 1
  13. Giz Active Member

I have Blender newest version but the rigging system is weird. I've been looking for Blender Rigging Tutorials but can find any good ones. I normally used Maya rigging. But I no longer have it.

Edit. I kinda figured out how to rig it in Blender. What email do I send it to?