State of PlayerStudio

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by Giz, May 3, 2018.

1. Giz Active Member

For everyone that has been around since the beginning can say, the state of PlayerStudio is pretty much non-existing. Ever since SOE sold off the company things went downhill for us PlayerStudio Creators.

There was a time when we submitted anything, it would have been reviewed within a few hours or a day. Now we all have been sitting on our hands waiting for our submission to be reviewed, and to be given some feedback on what needs to be fixed/changed in our submissions. We all have been waiting for 6months to a year, yet our submission sits idol with the "Valid Status". It sucks because I want to make more money, but my checks have been the same amount for the past year and a half.

There haven't been Devs on the forums since TRay left, the only person that was there to help us was Syrah. He didn't know much but he steered us in the right direction for us to get answers. Now that he's gone. There's Dev or Rep on the forums.

With the massive layoff, what is the "Future" holds of PlayerStudio?
  2. Fuzz Active Member

tbh the PS2 staff is uneffected; and iirc bill and chris are coming back from H1, and matts coming back from his leave.

Its definetly a pain but hopefully itll get better soon; as for feedback reddit can be good but wont give you any technical feedback and is often too positive. You can also tweet at the art staff to try to get a bit of feedback.
    • Like x 1
  3. Giz Active Member

I don't use twitter or Reddit much I'll look into it. I want to make a TR armor set but, I lost all drive and motivation.
    What is their Twitter handles?
  4. G1ngerBoy Member

what happened to Syrah? also I keep bugging Wrel every time he streams idk if he communicates it though.

As for Armor sets those you send either to Mr Bill or Chris so I dont think those are Player Studio que dependent
  5. Giz Active Member

DayBreak had let go of a few people last week, and Syrah was one of them.
  6. G1ngerBoy Member

I didnt realize he was part of that I thought he was part of the PlanetSide 2 crew that stinks
  7. Lobstrex Member

Honestly, the total lack of communication from DB has totally killed any enthusiasm I had to Player Studio. As much as I appreciated Syrah's inputs and nudges, having a member of the art team around would be a massive help to many of us. I really hope that Bill, Chris, or Matt can give us an update sooner rather than later, rather than just letting Player Studio slowly sink beneath the waves.
    • Like x 1
  8. Fuzz Active Member

9. Giz Active Member

Thank for that Fuzz, I'm now motivated to create more items, currently working on a TR armor set
  10. Giz Active Member

I've checked the statuses of my submissions yesterday, and some are "Completed" and some has the "Assignment Pending". Seems like the Devs are getting back to reviewing submissions
    • Like x 2
  11. Fuzz Active Member

Same here, hopefully itll start to move a bit quicker.

Although the influx of things seems to have slowed down with some of the more prominent submitters now making things outwith PS.
  12. G1ngerBoy Member

Can confirm my last submission has now gone from "PENDING ASSIGNMENT" to "
    COMPLETE" along with all the other submissions that are in game but the status was never updated. I get the feeling Drew might have something to do with this

• Like x 1
  13. Giz Active Member

Who's Drew?
  14. G1ngerBoy Member

One of the newer guys. They introduce him in this around 10 minutes in
  15. LorrMaster Member

I'm pretty sure Drew is a game designer, not an artist.
  16. Lobstrex Member

My stuff has been moved to Pending Assignment. We haven't been forgotten about!
  17. Giz Active Member

I had 1 complete and 2 Pending Assignments
  18. Giz Active Member

Has anyone heard anything about PlayerStudio? Seems like the Devs just abandon it. Haven't heard any future plans for it or anything.
  19. MasterMagnus Active Member

I don't think anyone reads here any longer.

Reddit gets more action from people who actually work there.

Best of luck to you man!
  20. Giz Active Member

Can you post the link to that subreddit?