[Hubcaps] Faction Pride

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by binarycoder, Feb 26, 2014.

1. binarycoder Member

Alright, redid the hubs from scratch because the circle was too diffucult from where I was.

[IMG]

Lacking detailing and back plating, but is this the right direction?
  2. McFluff Active Member

I think so. can't wait to see the details put in:) the first variant of the TR hubcaps was cool. details like those would look rather nice.
  3. Shockwave414 Active Member

Your hubcap still looks like it's glued to the wheel. Use this as reference.

[IMG]
  4. binarycoder Member

[IMG]
    Moved the cap into the wheel well. Added back detail for attachment. Also re-added the outer guard from the original version.
    • Like x 1
  5. binarycoder Member

[IMG]

Tweaked it just a bit more. Decreased the polys on the rivets. Think I'll move on to optimizing.

Just to clarify, the 3000 tri limit, is that for all 4 caps, or do we submit just one?
  6. binarycoder Member

[IMG]

Got it down to 2,700 ish. Had to drop the outer guards, but I think I was able to maintain the rest of the shape. Moving on to VS, next I think.
  7. binarycoder Member

Re-did the vanu ones to match, NC are up next. Probably tonight or tomorrow.
    [IMG]

http://p3d.in/Xb6KZ
  8. McFluff Active Member

solid

edit: actually, would work best for NC I think...

edit, again: wait, I take that back.... I have no idea. would look really nice on both... maybe NS?
  9. binarycoder Member

And NC makes 3.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. TramellRayIsaac Senior Art Director

cool, where are you getting the Logos from?
    I dont see them on the Harasser sheet
  11. binarycoder Member

They are part of the geo. I manually extruded them, and used the color swatches from the harasser texture.
  12. TramellRayIsaac Senior Art Director

cool, very inventive
  13. Rhust Member

Wow, the latest iterations of these look great! Really nice how you captured the style of each faction with the spoke shapes.
  14. MuttonSkiff Member

Ditto; I was about to comment on how well each version fits the respective faction. Nice work binarycoder.
  15. Caribou Member

You should give the TR ones some indents or something, a little bit more to look at. for example your VS one has a little more detail outside of its general shape and logo. Maybe you could do the same to the NC hubcap as well. It could look pretty nice

Something like this.
  16. binarycoder Member

Thanks! That was what I was going for, glad it came out.

and @caribou: These are actually already submitted, but I did do something similar with the NC.
  17. Shockwave414 Active Member

Even if you submit something, you can change it as long as it hasn't been approved yet.