G1ngerBoys Projects

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by G1ngerBoy, Nov 8, 2017.

1. G1ngerBoy Member

Decided im just gonna make one thread for everything on here.

to start things off this is a helmet I just started working on i decided to try sculpting and this is what i have so far i cant decide what faction to make it for TR or NC just thought i would share what i have so far

[IMG]
  2. Syrah Developer

Insert breathing joke here. <wink>
  3. Fuzz Active Member

thats sculpted? wow thats great, youve definetly found a talent there :)
  4. G1ngerBoy Member

lol. who needs to breath anyway?

it is sculpted and retopologized. thank you :D
  5. G1ngerBoy Member

I wanted a break from helmets for a bit and i have received requests to make some swords for the game so i have been working on some

3D models

i have no idea if this is interest to the Devs or not js

[IMG]
  6. Syrah Developer

We won't be able to accept swords for PlanetSide 2. But if you want to focus on swords for a bit, you might be able to design something interesting for EverQuest II. :)
  7. G1ngerBoy Member

oh ok well maybe in Planetside 3 lol. i shall consider that thank you. fyi in my hast i accidentally reported your comment sorry about that
  8. G1ngerBoy Member

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the grey bit on the VS Helmet texture to not allow camos?

[IMG]
  9. MasterMagnus Active Member

You control camo coverage through UV2. Make it whatever you want.

Try to keep your scaling and orientation uniform so the camo doesn't look pulled and stretched or wildly different sizes across the piece.
  10. Fuzz Active Member

create a big square plane; apply the entire texture sheet to it and export to PSview. you can then easily examine all the swatches and play about with other texture sheets.

one of the tiny swatch squares should contain the detail your looking for.
  11. Reaperop117 Member

I really like the helmet design, hope to see it textured soon
  12. G1ngerBoy Member

thats what i thought but it doesn't seem to work perhaps i am going about it wrong. i would do that by moving the islands on the second UV layer to an area on the texture that doesn't allow camos correct?
    i have looked though all the ones we can use and literally has the combo im after
    [IMG]
    i am trying to get the grey bit around the mouth and side to not allow camo and the purple bits to allow it all while still retaining the metal look and there is literally not one texture map that has these colors that will work (im still working on the nose btw js)

thank you i have not had a chance to work on it recently but i shall get to it again some time
  13. Fuzz Active Member

I took a look at the VS helm sheet and id forgotton how rubbish it is tbh. theres a patch of grey above the medic bit that may work but it wont look as nice.

Id strongly advise the armour sheet in that case; and make sure you have the updated one https://imgur.com/a/1wf68

IIRC all the swatches you currently use are on there, and theres a whole bunch of cool details (such as fading emissives or more blue emissives) that I think youd really like to use :)
  14. G1ngerBoy Member

after looking at the new armor texture sheet i cant seem to find any metallic purple that allows camo and all the chrome i find allows it and all the grey is to dark i am starting to think im to picky or something

i do like some of the emissives though
  15. Fuzz Active Member

go through the tiny coloured swatches; a few of those allow camo. Sadly the big purple doesnt allow camo but thats the trade-off i suppose.
  16. G1ngerBoy Member

NC Quantum Helmet update. just though i would work on this a bit and put some textures on it see what it looked like

[IMG]
  17. Fuzz Active Member

18. Reaperop117 Member

First off, i do like your design. im pretty new around here so take my critique with a grain of salt, im just hoping to be helpful. Based on what i see, maybe this will help if you decide to tweak the design. at least to get ideas
    [IMG]
  19. G1ngerBoy Member

thanks and yeah the lens/visor feels to over powering to me atm along with the side panels as well (its still very early wip) i like to believe that i have gotten past submitting stuff long before its done now days XD.

thank you and welcome to Player Studio :D. posting here is for getting help and ideas from others so all the ideas and help you want to provide is welcome (I/We may not always use every idea though js lol). OH me like! especially the hinges/clamps. the lens/visor i have to change i tried putting another lens texture there and its just to over powering so i gotta change that bit more then just textures. i like the ideas thank you!
  20. G1ngerBoy Member

H
    ad a bit of time and wanted to work on this helmet I still gotta figure out how I want to make the headset mounts and the power supply/receiver for them in the back along with the headset cups need a bit more love as well but I wanted to share anyway

[IMG]