ES ANT Cosmetics [WIP]

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by LorrMaster, Sep 25, 2017.

1. LorrMaster Member

Is there any way to import the animations into Blender? I want to test out an armor idea I have, but getting it to work with the character animations could be a problem.
  2. Fuzz Active Member

not that I know of
  3. LorrMaster Member

I'm working on a cosmetic for the galaxy, and I'm noticing a lot of Z-fighting when I zoom out. Will this be an issue in-game?
  4. Fuzz Active Member

occasionally yes, though remember cosmetics stop rendering at 500m or so iirc
  5. LorrMaster Member

• Like x 2
  6. Fuzz Active Member

Wow excellent! thats some really high qualtiy work there :) a great combination of intresting shape language, good details and a really cool design!

I honestly cant think of any critisism, the bit where the back wing joins looks a bit flat but apart from that, thats some stellar work!
  7. LorrMaster Member

[IMG]

Cosmetics made it ingame. For the most part they all look okay. Only thing that I noticed is that the TR one has this weird black section that didn't appear in Player Studio. Some of the vehicles are also lower than they are supposed to be. Maybe the scale was slightly off?
  8. Fuzz Active Member

did you export with bones?

as for the black section check that you dont have any:

- sharp issues (blender uses autosharps)
    - UV2 scale issues
    - weird shapes in UV1
  9. LorrMaster Member

Not that I see. Both sides are nearly identical, so if there was a texture problem on one side it should appear on the other as well. The position of the cosmetic is also pretty bad. I think that all the cosmetics are lowered for some reason. Hope that it's fixable.
  10. Fuzz Active Member

the lowering is probably due to rigging; shoot matt or wrel an email or PM wrel on reddit and he should be able to point you in the right direction :)
  11. LorrMaster Member

Already contacted Bishop and he said that he'll take a look at it when he got the chance.
  12. LorrMaster Member

13. Fuzz Active Member

Looks awsome! Not 100% on the front of the wings (also remember to test fit with weapons) but im loving the overall shape