ES ANT Cosmetics [WIP]

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by LorrMaster, Sep 25, 2017.

1. LorrMaster Member

2. Fuzz Active Member

i can dig the NC one even if it feels a tad simple, TR one is full of odd choices imo, like why the bad textures round the windows? or the weird vents? on the top and front? whilst the general shape is ok the whole thing just feels weird to me
  3. LorrMaster Member

4. LorrMaster Member

Trying again with the TR model, redoing a number of the smaller details. Not sure if I'm getting the smaller details right, or if they still just look like add-ons.

https://p3d.in/wDvt8

[IMG]

[IMG]

EDIT: Is 5,000 triangles too much?
  5. Fuzz Active Member

definetly an improvement :)
  6. LorrMaster Member

Continued work on my NC version of the ANT, now with 150% more freedom. How does it look?
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  7. Fuzz Active Member

thats a big improvement :) the side could a big door as it feels a tad plain but defos a good step up :)
  8. LorrMaster Member

I've created a version of the ANT for each faction, or at least for the front portion of the vehicle. Still need to create a rear piece for the TR and VS. How do they look?

VS ANT: 3,454 Tris

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

NC ANT Front: 4,258 Tris
    NC ANT Back: 1,610 Tris

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

TR ANT: 3,521 Tris

[IMG]

[IMG]
  9. Fuzz Active Member

big fan of the NC one, TR ones improving; mixed feelings about the VS one.

would it be possible to use a bool to cut into the TR one to make the windsheild instead of having it stick out? that make look better, save a backup though :)

as for the VS one im not a big fan, might be an idea to have fewer but more curved plates? right now it looks pretty NC

also as we can use 12k tri's you could do a big detail/texture pass?

still your making great progress
  10. LorrMaster Member

Continued work on my VS ANT. I'm also trying to improve the TR one, ended up deciding that the entire top section should be redesigned to try and make it look more interesting.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  11. Fuzz Active Member

not feeling the teeth at all.

if your having issues with modifying NS to VS (which is hard) you might want to use PS2Ls to extract favens/arctorns VS stuff from the files and use that to look at how they did it?
  12. LorrMaster Member

Continued with my changes. NC ANT has has some minor detail adjustments, TR ANT had is widow changed and now has a back, VS ANT's front has had a lot of adjustments and is much more detailed.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  13. Fuzz Active Member

TR & NC are looking fantastic, youve come on leaps and bounds since concept :)

not entirely sure why the side doodads on the VS one are squint
  14. LorrMaster Member

15. LorrMaster Member

Finally designed a back for the Vanu ANT.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  16. LorrMaster Member

My next round of changes for the ES ANTs.

https://imgur.com/a/5keic

Might also try and submit member versions as well just for fun since ps_nicto seemed to like the idea, although is it even possible to add gold or lumifibrefiber to these?
  17. Fuzz Active Member

gold and lumi are just materials on the texture sheets.

Im liking the improvements but im not a fan of the eyebrows and windscreens on the TR one. the door for the VS one is sick tho and im a big fan of your NC one
  18. LorrMaster Member

Hmm... do I get the materials from UV1? Because if so, I don't see them on the sundy texture.
  19. Fuzz Active Member

the gold swatch isnt on everything but they are normally in swatches.

I could swear lumi is just using any emiss texture but im not 100%, never acually made something with it
  20. LorrMaster Member

Took a look around, and it seems that not every texture has gold on it. If lumi is just an emission texture, then most vehicles only have it in light blue. So I guess not ever texture is good for this kind of stuff unless if they allow multiple models per cosmetic.