CLIP ART in Submissions- DON'T USE IT!!!!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by TramellRayIsaac, Aug 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoffeeOutlaw Active Member

that has been brought to T-Rays attention and he says it will not get in market place.
  2. fox_news Member

he says don't use clip art.

I hear:
    [IMG]
  3. skrubzero New Member

Use Google image search to reverse image search. You can drag images onto the search page now and see if it is original. Go to GIS and click the camera in the search box.

https://www.google.com/imghp
  4. CoffeeOutlaw Active Member

yeah skrub i use that a lot in tracking down art theft, but it woks a lot on color recognition, even some simple hue shifts can throw off its reverse search
  5. skrubzero New Member

Oh, right. I forgot about slightly modified theft.
  6. Undivide New Member

Are the special brushes and shapes that come with Photoshop considered clipart?
  7. CoffeeOutlaw Active Member

that come with photoshop? i would say no, but still its a good practice not to make it super obvious you just used a default splater brush or something.
  8. Bloodreaper New Member

what if you used 2 referece photos to make something completely your own, but just using them and combining them into something completely different.
  9. CoffeeOutlaw Active Member

can ppl look at your completely different thing and easily spot the parts that were from the original?
  10. Bloodreaper New Member

hmmm, well i have just gottent into 3d modeling and such so i havent even begun to model my helmet, though i will be using 2 reference pictures that arent used in any games ive seen, their just made by someone for art, ill mash them to gether and probably add my own things. so what you ask is something that will be seen when i make the helmet.
  11. CoffeeOutlaw Active Member

this clip art stuff was mostly referancing people using clipart in decals and camo texutures, not as ref for 3dmodels, but still if someone can look at your model and clearly see that its a copy of something then its not a good thing. that being said almost everything is inspired by something else, and nothing is completely original anymore. so best thing to do is post your concept and let us see
  12. Syrah Developer

Reminder about clip art and outfit logos:

Your original outfit logo may have been made out of clip art. You didn't think it would ever be used commercially, etc. In these cases, you need to go back and redraw it by hand and reinterpret the image to make it wholly something you own -- then submit it.

Thanks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.