G1ngerBoys Projects

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by G1ngerBoy, Nov 8, 2017.

1. G1ngerBoy Member

I was working on another helmet today and had an idea for this so I spent a few hours and made this. still needs some work on back shapes I know that and im not sure im done with the visor either but retopoligy is going to be fun lol.

[IMG]https://imgur.com/sV5S71y (i cant seem to incert a pic so here is a link)
  2. Lobstrex Member

Honestly it's a little bit generic VS for my taste. Is there any way you could add some flair to it?
  3. G1ngerBoy Member

Yeah I think im just going to rework the face (looked Asian to me for some reason lol) I shall see what I can go. also the back part of the neck im not so happy with either atm
  4. Fuzz Active Member

IMO it needs way more visual depth; try to steer away from the tight fitting head shape and try to add some more intresting shape language :)
  5. G1ngerBoy Member

after sleeping on it I think you are right, I will work on it more
  6. G1ngerBoy Member

Alright new helmet (this one has been a hard one) still very much a WIP but I wanted to share what I have so far and maybe get some feedback? https://i.imgur.com/iIzbEfk.png
    Apparently inserting pictures isn't a thing anymore or am I missing something?

More info
    The tufts (antenna for radio communication lol) are only place holders and the eyes are probobly going to end up slightly bigger and not be in place as oddly as they are atm.
    The odd shaped side panel I'm still not sure about.
    The face I'm pretty happy with from the front view though the air vents under the beak will probably get adjusted and get vent grills (or what ever they would be called) I'm not sure I'm really feeling the side view of the face though.
    Besides that I'm not sure atm if any of you habe ideas I would love to hear them
  7. Fuzz Active Member

its a good start

- id actually advise against bigger eyes, you dont want to stray into anime-aesthetics

- as always more visual depth is always good, look at say how the darkstar helmet is distinct chunks and shapes, opposed to just a head shape with panel lines

- I like how the ears look like a forehead panel (ala gundam) and not like something thats tacked on

- mouth feels a bit like your forcing it to be an owl-shaped helmet opposed to a helmet that resmbels a owl.

- a simpler neck sock could be an idea, the one you have might look bad when rigging
  8. Lobstrex Member

[IMG]So uh, intentional or nah?
  9. G1ngerBoy Member

I have no idea what that is even from or what it is lol in other words no not intentional at all
  10. G1ngerBoy Member

"you dont want to stray into anime aesthetics"
    you do realize who you are talking to here right? XD jk thats a good point

yeah the mouth is kinda forced

thanks for the advise, in this case im just going to repurpose this model and just start from scratch with the owl and make it hooded
  11. Reaperop117 Member

the new design reminds me of "Talon" from court of owls, crossed with Kamen rider. I dig it
    • Like x 1
  12. MasterMagnus Active Member

13. G1ngerBoy Member

14. G1ngerBoy Member