Veiwer App

Discussion in 'Guides' started by NS6, Feb 13, 2015.

1. NS6 Member

What is This mean?
    The following vertex data is required by this material but was not found on this shading group: UVs (Set 2) UVs (Set 3)
  2. Lobstrex Member

You don't have 3 UV sets on your mesh.
  3. NS6 Member

How do I UV unwrap 1 mesh 3 times?
  4. Lobstrex Member

Multiple UV sets. As far as I know, Map1 covers the colour map, whilst Map2/3 are just unwraps.
  5. NS6 Member

How do I make the UVs for the viewer?
  6. Lobstrex Member

Depends on what program you're using. If it's Maya, I can help. If it's Blender, ask on the Facebook group, there's plenty of people that'll lend a hand there.
  7. NS6 Member

How do I get my UVs exported to the Viewer app using blender?
  8. Lobstrex Member

You're exporting as FBX, right? AFAIK it should export all of your UV sets.
  9. NS6 Member

My exports are FBX
  10. Lobstrex Member

What program are you using?
  11. NS6 Member

Blender
  12. gnunu Member

I've pasted my help sheet in pastebin for you to look over. I did my best to label everything. It's a collection of replies that I've received from my questions overtime along with some tips that I've written myself in order not to forget the details and caveats that can easily be overlooked. This should help to clear some things up:

http://pastebin.com/JDJaPxUT

Check this article out to help you out with understanding the UV set requirement: https://forums.station.sony.com/playerstudio/index.php?threads/example-uv-sets.11500064390/
  13. James T New Member

How do you do that in maya?
  14. Lobstrex Member

In the modelling toolset, hit UV > UV Set Editor. From there, you'll want to just copy your current UV, renaming it map2. Then just do an unwrap, and copy map2 to map3.

[IMG]

After that, for the final export to PSViewer, you'll want to go to Mesh Display > Apply Colour
  15. James T New Member

What do you mean by do an unwrap and copy map 2 to map 3? Didnt I already unwrap it for the first map?
  16. James T New Member

I've done this but now Player studio is crashing every time I try to load a material.
  17. Fuzz Active Member

make sure your using jerrys standalone PS viewer thats pinned at the top of one of these boards
  18. James T New Member

yeah that was the problem thanks.