Welcome to the Player Studio Forums!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Rollen Active Member

Blender and Photoshop will work. Photoshop hands down should be the best program for creating texture maps. I am unsure about which 3D program is best, but I would say it's whichever one you are most comfortable with.
    • Like x 1
  2. Rawl Active Member

Yes you can use a graphics tablet with Blender, I don't use mine for the modeling part, but you can use it when using the sculpting features and also if you want to do texture painting within Blender as well. Inkscape is a good program for vector type drawing. Krita is a good program for artistic painting type work.

yeah, I like Sketchbook Pro. I got the latest version which has some added functionality which makes it really nice to work with. Of course, all these graphics programs work with a graphics pad as well.
  3. Zhan1995 New Member

Hi, I would like to ask a question, I downloaded this game, launched and played for a while. Suddenly the game checked out and I can't log in again. Could you help me? zaneta.cermakova1995@seznam.cz thank you very much.
  4. Rawl Active Member

5. Delve New Member

I just wanted to drop in and say hello. I am a game art and design student, learning 3D modeling and texturing and the like. I had looked at this years ago, and always wanted to be able to submit something, but, alas, I did not understand what most of the terminology meant, and was just lost.

I am just finishing my first year at school, and have finally learned enough to do basic modeling and texturing. My hope, is that as I gain skills in different areas, I will be able to eventually create submission quality objects for Everquest. I have been a player and a fan since the original release, and I look forward to being able to give back to the community in some small way.

In any case, I know this post is very old, but, if you take the time to respond, thank you in advance, and I look forward to working with you.
  6. Syrah Developer

Thank you for coming by. Think of this as a creative outlet and an opportunity make your creative mark on EverQuest or another game.
  7. Delve New Member

Thank you very much! I am still very busy with school, but I should be graduating in early 2020. Until then, my participation may be sporadic. There is still very much I need to learn. I will be browsing the forums in the meantime to try to wrap my head around the overall process. Thank you again for responding!

8. Reaperop117 Member

I am interested in making assets for Planetside primarily. Most of what I have found is old information or maybe one part of the process. I have a few questions before I start:

1. scale reference models for heads, and bodies, I have seen links to some assets in older forums but they were dead links.
    2. The Player Studio Viewer. I can't seem to find it in the sub folders. I also tried a link for the test server client. I already downloaded the high-res textures. I just don't know much about this PS viewer or how it works.
    3. Should assets be centered on the XYZ.
    4. Where should the pivot point be for assets made.
    5. What are the proper naming conventions for assets and textures. I think assets are .FBX format and textures are .TGA.
    6. Is there a "hold my hands" walkthrough of this process?

Whoever responds, Thank you in advance.
  9. Syrah Developer

The people who can help you with this are reading the subforum related to PlanetSide 2. They aren't reading this section.

I tried to move your post but I can only move whole threads. Sorry. Can you ask over there?
  10. Reaperop117 Member

Do you mean a Subreddit? I'm sorry not the most informed on forums and stuff. Thank you for your quick response.
  11. Syrah Developer

12. Fuzz Active Member

well im procrastinating hard enough to read this section :)

- all older fourm links to fourms.soe.xxx.xxx still work if you replace it with fourms.daybreakgames.xxx.xxx

- in the planetside 2 test folder in Playerstudio/Samples there is a bunch of example fbx files.

- yes, the main thing is that they should be rigged correctly

export as fbx; then use PSview to export into .SOEPSX

example process:
  13. Reaperop117 Member

This is a great video. helghast inspired?
  14. Fuzz Active Member

It started out as inspired by the beachtroopers from rouge 1! but as it progressed it got inspired again by an old concept of mine https://i.imgur.com/moQQvRB.jpg
  15. Frostiger New Member

Hey guys, I've done some recent work with blender and I wanted to start getting into PS but don't reaally know how its operates, I've read hundreds of forum posts, blogs, and the old SOE stuff but still can't really figure out how PS works these days, if anyone can help me out a bit that'd be awesome.
  16. Fuzz Active Member

- make stuff to the standards of the game your making it for
    - do your tax fourms
    - submit via the submit link on the front page
  17. Frostiger New Member

Sounds simple enough lol, I got a tool to look up all the asset packs for models, I'm not sure what y'all use to get the models but this has almost everything in the game so I'm just playing with it.
  18. Luminari01 New Member

So many interesting possibilities with this. If only I wasn't discriminated against for not living in the US, Canada, Germany, France, Denmark or other country on that shortlist. People from these countries must be superior.
  19. Rawl Active Member

I wouldn't call it discrimination, I'd say it has to do with the legal hoops Daybreak Games has to jump through to make it possible for people from more countries to participate in the program. That is to say, not every country has the same laws, and have different requirements regarding intellectual property and ownership of such properties.

If it was a simple thing to meet all the country's legal requirements, I am sure more countries would be included on the list of eligible participants.

That being said, it appears to me, Player Studio Artist submitted items, (at least for EQ2,) are not getting the attention they use to, so at this point being eligible is sort of a moot point. I hope things start moving along once again.

I'd suggest investigating, on your own, what your country's legalities exist which are currently barriers to your participation in this program. Then you may understand more clearly why it seems you are being discriminated against.
  20. Luminari02 New Member

Alright, I migrated. Can DBG pay out royalties to PayPal, or does it have to be a bank account in one of the approved countries?