Other than getting started.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by RogueHydra, May 1, 2017.

1. RogueHydra New Member

I am actually a graduated graphic artist but haven't been able to get a job locally so I am getting rusty with my 3D works and only recently decided to look into designing some items for PS2 since I play it so much. This brings me to my first question. Is it possible that if I build a helmet mesh or something else that when it has been looked at by the devs that they could provide feedback on what could/should be changed? I am always wanting to continue learning and haven't ever developed anything for games yet. Most of what I have done was for video and compositing. I haven't yet developed a pipeline for game modeling yet myself but I have wanted to for some time now.
  2. Syrah Developer

I will move this thread to the right spot and yes, folks will give you feedback on your works-in-progress. You don't even need to actually submit them to Player Studio if you don't want to. The Player Studio community will be happy to give you advice.
  3. RogueHydra New Member

Awesome, great to know and thanks! Looking forward to getting started on some ideas.
    • Like x 1
  4. Fuzz Active Member

heya!

for feedback the following places are probably best

- twitter: bills pretty active on twitter so he will try to help im sure.
    - reddit: posting here will get you positive feedback but folk dont give much advice or critism; also theres a tendency to lean towards folk wanting more "weeb" items like copying other IP's items or recreating historical things without regarding aesthetics
    - asking the other PS artists directly; i cant guarantee that they will help but as always its probs the best place
    - here: sadly its a bit quiet

but yeah try your best and listen to feedback; sketch ideas beforehand, and if you put in hard work and consistently try to improve you will :)
    • Like x 1
  5. AfableAutomaton Member

Advice suggested by Fuzz is solid. Post here and those of us that are still lurking will provide feedback givin the right enticement (and by enticement I mean pictures/previews/models of what your working on so we have something to critique ;) )
  6. PYROxSYCO Member

Ya it gets kinda quiet here sometimes... But here some people have an understanding of "copyright infringement."