Binary's Workshop

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by binarycoder, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Fuzz Active Member

might be a idea to turn the nc one into a single visor? http://imgur.com/a/OXBiq, also i dunno how many tris you have spare but imo you could do with a few more spare to curve off the top
  2. binarycoder Member

Been a while, trying to get these robots nailed down. Redid the NC one, trying to make it more industrial.

[IMG]
  3. EbonNebula Member

That looks pretty great so far. As far as critiques go, I will say the neck sleeve seems a bit goofy, and doesn't quite line up to the casing above the Z axis neck joint. With something like this, the mechanical design aspects are especially important, and there is just so much dead space in the neck that doesn't equate to anything in the head. I think you either need to build up the head where it meets the neck, scale down the neck where it meets the head, or some combination of both.

Also, I really feel like this design would also benefit greatly from some kinda clunky asymmetry. Maybe rework one of the eye blocks to be different.
  4. binarycoder Member

Textured the NC one a bit ago:[IMG]

Just finished up whitebox on VS one:

[IMG]
  5. Giz Active Member

6. binarycoder Member

Want to try my hand at a new set of helmets.

Hoping to accomplish a few things-
    • Set of helmets- want them unique but still have a consistent design style
    • Want them a bit bulky and shapely. My helmets have gotten a bit.. egg-like recently.
    • I want to get out of my comfort zone with NC.
    • Maybe an armor set?
    [IMG]
  7. binarycoder Member

Textures to come, might add some small detail work if I see problem areas when texturing.

[IMG]
  8. binarycoder Member

And textures:
    [IMG]
  9. binarycoder Member

Update based on feedback from reddit:

[IMG]