Binary's Workshop

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by binarycoder, Nov 19, 2015.

1. binarycoder Member

All can hear is the faint voice of TRay: "No tubes on Vanu."

I'll see how it looks, but I'm leaning more toward the first design now that I've been looking at it.
  2. Fuzz Active Member

tbh thats taken outta context. like no pointless tubes was what he meant. but something that makes sence? why not.
  3. binarycoder Member

I know, I'm just kidding somewhat. I really am liking the uncovered one much more though. Gonna scrap the breather for now.

Got the folded hood and head decoration done.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Textures up next unless I need to fix something.
  4. Draxza Member

This looks really good so far. Only quibble I have is how it could possibly stay on the wearer's face (nanites isn't really an answer, unfortunately). It'll be nice to see what textures you use for it, in particular. Luminesent optics?
  5. binarycoder Member

Here's the textures. I am still looking at making the eyes all emissive as well, and maybe even using the blue emissive.

[IMG]
  6. Fuzz Active Member

Hood still doesnt really look that real with the cloth, might be a idea to use some refrence images?
  7. binarycoder Member

Its Halloween time again! Plans for this year are robotics head replacements, limifiber max skulls, and construction hard hats (for ANTs of course).

[IMG]

[IMG]
  8. binarycoder Member

Textured, and broken psview look. Think I'll stop on this one until psview is working. On to NC next I think.

[IMG]
  9. Fuzz Active Member

i think it can be a cool helmet, but imo it needs a bit of work to feel like a robot and not just like a silver faceplate tbh and the back and sides also feel a bit plain and unintresting.

might be a idea to have a lot more negative space and possibly stuff like a brain or visible wiring (even though its be a pain to rig)
  10. G1ngerBoy Member

I am liking the look though if it where me instead of making it faction specific I would go with a nanite systems look as its more their type of thing if I remember correctly also I would put a nice big lit NS on the back of the head as well lol really though I would say it would look more fitting if it was not faction specific at least to me
  11. Fallen_Imperator New Member

This would go so well with the Sentinel Voice Pack!
  12. binarycoder Member

No texture work until PSView works again, but here's the NC one:

[IMG]

[IMG]
  13. Giz Active Member

This really fits PS2, but it looks nice
  14. Draxza Member

This reminds me of more than a few sci-fi robots. I'm interested about what the TR one'll look like, now...
  15. Fuzz Active Member

might be a idea for the NC one to make it into like a rough mining robot? like a mini max?
  16. binarycoder Member

[IMG]

[IMG]

And that's TR.
  17. Fuzz Active Member

I like the concept and the blank faceplate could be really cool with a neat swatch but the sides and back feel a bit boring? like its a flat vertical line at the back, with a lot of flat horizontal lines that doesnt really fit tr imo. like you have plenty of space to bulk it up with the functional military curves that are associated with tr :)
  18. binarycoder Member

Yeah, I wasn't too happy with the back, changed it.

Here's all three in PSView:
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  19. EbonNebula Member

This VS robot head looks perfect. The NC is damn near perfect, except for the back of the head being a beacon for snipers the player will never ever see or be expecting. You should totally nixx that glow in the back. if you really need glowey bits, try to work them int that ear/jaw piece.

As for your TR design, it seems pretty frickin boring. you either need to build up the "eyes" or "mouth" with more detail, or cut some lines into that main face plate. either way, it feels bland and lacking from the front view.
  20. binarycoder Member

Finished off the eyewear for the ES construction helmets. [IMG]