Landmark: where is player studio?

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Derkomai, May 26, 2016.

1. Derkomai New Member

Hello! I play landmark and I wish to make items to propose for the game. But I don"t have any player studio app with it!! how do i get it? do I redownload and reinstall landmark?

thanks for the help! =)
  2. Syrah Developer

Everything you need for Player Studio is currently included within the Landmark client except the helpful advice of this community. There is nothing extra to download at this time.

If in the future we support additional items made outside the client, then we will provide some downloadable examples, etc.
  3. Derkomai New Member

thanks for answering! =)

I feel really stupid now. Still I find that instruction given to us are... as light as blurry. in the "what is playerStudio", it offers the opportunity to create ingame items. tasty!
    then "how does it works": "DGC's Player Studio program invites players to download sample geometry files for actual in-game objects and through the use of standard third party art tools"
    it make me thought that it was an independant program (as for the "wich game is included in the program" which would mean that we open player studio then work for landmark or over games)
    but you seem to say me that it is usable ingame

So I just find nothing related to player studio except in "my store" page. nothing in help, no one tutorial on the net. I saw a guide for planete side 2 here. didn't help me!

So I can imagine that I may create an item from 0 and submit it. that woul make sense. but what about the "invitation to dawnload sample geometry"? as we see on landmark's player studio web page, there is a cloth mesh. so I guess we can download items (clothes, objects, monsters) to edit them OR study them (bones? any points or dummys as holding points? colliders, maybe!) but in game in launch pad, or in player studio folder I found nothing that could sample a model.

then in player studio "haw to get started" page, the first point tell us player studio VIEWER is included in each game and that is in game folders. but I have not an exe in player studio folder... then it speaks of PS2, then some informations about mapping.

And as I am not sensed to be a stupid person, I also read in an out article than Player studio is available for US player only. but is it always the case? How do I do to make items? OK for creating it from 0 but what about getting sample models from the game? I seriously found no other clues than this region availability...

thanks for help, I'm seriously in the fog.
  4. Syrah Developer

I need to redo the Player Studio web site completely and add lots of caveats that say "not Landmark which is different from the rest." I don't have any cycles from the web team though who are busy with other things like H1Z1 and DCUO for Xbox One and PS2 for Xbox One.

The Landmark page for Player Studio has not aged well and needs to be updated and more clear now that the game is better defined. And the first image is misleading with the mesh. Let me see if I can get some help to fix these things. And I don't have any control over the Landmark web site so I have to ask the team nicely to change things. They are very busy and working weekends getting the game ready for launch.

The viewer is included with each game except Landmark because you make everything inside the Landmark client. So you don't need something to artificially help you view what the item will look like in game.

There are many samples to download but they are for all the other games. You can't use outside art tools on Landmark at this time. We hope to be able to change that if the game is financially successful, but not for launch. You have to use internal tools. Only the business model and monetization part is the same between Landmark and the other games.

We currently support 8 countries. When I can get some time and budget from the Finance and Legal departments, we intend to add more countries but it takes work and expensive consultants.
  5. Derkomai New Member

OK, that explains everything!
    thanks for sonfirming that websites contents can date and are hard to modify (please, mr webmaster! XD)

then if I cannot use player studio with landmark is perhaps because... I cannot use player studio with landmark! a shame we can't use third party softwares for this game, I guess... I just have to try everquestII and see how player studio is sensed to work, so I'll be ready when item creation will be more accessible in landmark! ^^

BTW: it's in France here, I guess it isn't in the 8 countries! Thanks for enlightment! =)
  6. Syrah Developer

France is supported. Yes, you can participate.

Landmark does support Player Studio but you work with blocks in-game instead of working with meshes and texture maps in third party tools. Many people think the blocks are more accessible than Maya or Blender or other tools.
  7. Derkomai New Member

OK I quite understood the participation with blocks, but I may ask again... will it be possible to make models with third party tools (is it part of the plans) so if artists wants to make some.. flowered curved ancient pillar, or dragon statue, or clothes (as we see the mesh on the website) or usless objects like frying pans, well props in fact?

Blocks can be cool for buildings, but it is really limited. just to do a cylinder get complicated, and result not in a cylinder but a strange not very circular thing. we can't avoid geometry fusion on hard edges, and is is unapropriate for details for objects as mentionned above.
    I would love to model things for games! =)

This is just a feedback, daybreack can do whatit want of it, but I'll be seriously loyal if I could make my own geometry PLUS using blocks ingame system.
  8. Syrah Developer

Speaking only about Landmark right now, that is part of the vision for the game but that requires a lot of development that is not started. I don't know if it will happen or when.

Speaking of other games, you can currently do this in EQ, EQ2 and PS2.
  9. Derkomai New Member

OK I perfectly understand the imortant work charge of... all of this! ^^

thanks for the answers and patience! maybe would it be an idea to pin a synthetized state of the feature "create items with thurd party softs" post for other people get the answer fast?

whatever thanks for your kind answers and your patience. have a good day!