TR Schwarz Corps series

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by CountPoly, Jan 18, 2016.

1. CountPoly Member

[IMG]

So I'm doing a set of helmets, hopefully the first of three. Below are some somewhat poorly sorted snaps of the helmets.

[IMG]

So there it is, the Schwarz Corps Series, for whenever heavy duty reeducation is needed.
    • Like x 1
  2. Steveo Member

You been busy :p
  3. Fuzz Active Member

i must say i love the cloth and gas mask ones but the derpy eyes aint doing it for me.

still a impressive volume of work :) (but sadly we dont get to make class specific hats :/ )
  4. CountPoly Member

Does anyone know if text is a no no on helmets? I'm thinking of something like this.

[IMG]
  5. Shockwave414 Active Member

Well this game is played in other countries.
  6. Faven Active Member

I would stay away from anything thats "words", NS7 etc works fine, or serial numbers
  7. CountPoly Member

Not in any countries where the playerbase doesn't know english, is it? Good point none the less, probably better to go without it.
  8. Fuzz Active Member

dunno on cobalt at least there is more non naitive english speakersfrom what ive seen.

but yeah imo even if it is allowed im not a fan; the fonts not intresting, its a huge amount of verts for a tiny detail and really doesnt add much to that hat :/
  9. JerreyRough Member

Yeah, use those polys somewhere else. The helmet could use more small detail work in general IMO; take a page out of Faven's or Dok0's book. Maybe make the parts interlocking instead of the current islands with cuts between them.

If anything put them to use on those ears. Right now they look like a pair of wagon wheel cookies and don't feel attached to the helmet itself.
  10. Warfinn New Member

This looks awesome!
  11. Faven Active Member

Not sure if this is submitted yet, but not really fan of the ear muffs.
  12. CountPoly Member

Not submitted yet. I've done some detailing, mostly worked on the ears. Pretty happy with how it's turning out.

[IMG]
  13. Draxza Member

Take my money now.

Also, thinking of doing an armour set to go with, a la Faven, or is that not happening until armour is submittable?
  14. CountPoly Member

Glad you like it. :)

I changed some things though. Had to change the neck slightly, it was a nightmare to rig and I don't even know if it's good enough as I haven't recieved any feedback. I also touched up some of the filters and changed some colors. Never posted the updated ones, might as well do it now.

[IMG]

As for armor, the short answer is yes. I want to try my hand at it. I already have a sketch for vanu armor and thoughts about what to do for the schwarz corps. There aren't any official guidelines for armor and I've got some other stuff on my plate, but in time there might be armor for this. Probably. Maybe.
  15. Fuzz Active Member

Still not a massive fan of the ears tbh :/
  16. CountPoly Member

"A fan that is not massive is still a fan."

- Unknown philosopher
  17. Draxza Member

Submitted now, I hope? Armours in progress, or other stuff beckons? I'm looking forward to buying it with smedbucks.
  18. CountPoly Member

Oh it was submitted months ago. They are just now gettig accepted. It seems the name may have been changed to Corp though, not very happy about that. Feels wrong lorewise, but what do I know.

No armours yet. I'm slowly coming around to finishing an old NC helmet and at the same time working on a helmet series for the VS.
  19. Draxza Member

Nice. One thing; only three of the helmets are in game, as far as I can tell. Might be a bug, might be something else.
    • Like x 1
  20. CountPoly Member

Oh awesome! I had no idea, thanks for telling me. I seem to have all the helmets but the creator usually gets them earlier, maybe they will drop in later. How long have they been in game?