Help submitting outfit logo decals to Player Studio

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by Syrah, Jan 22, 2016.

1. ArielSharon New Member

Hi Stevo I was wondering if you could explain how to get a jpg to 100 kb?
  2. Syrah Developer

We just took down the submission system for some maintenance and put it back up. If you tried to do something today and it complained, please try again. Especially true if it said something like "could not rezip file" or similar.
  3. Tomis New Member

Unfortunately I have the same problem. I archived the file using 7zip and then Total Commander, both times getting the same error:
    " must include at most 4 files. Found 5 files. " . The archive has 3 files.
  4. Syrah Developer

Did you see the advice to try it again without the fancy archival tools and just use the operating system?
  5. Tomis New Member

I'm sorry, I had never used Windows' archival tool (wasn't really aware it existed) and I thought for some reason the discussion was related to Macs : ) .
    I resubmitted using your suggested method but I get the same error. Other ideas?
  6. Syrah Developer

Did you try the new archive, with unique names each time, in both the new method and the old method? The new method submission form has a small link in the upper-right corner to access the previous method of submission.
  7. Tomis New Member

[SOLVED]
    Props to you Syrah, old method works. For good measure I also used a new name for the archive, as I had been using for the past few submissions. Thank you.
  8. Syrah Developer

9. TurboThoger New Member

Hello

I have a problem submitting our outfit decal. I created a zip file (using the windows compression system as recommended, no 7zip etc.) with the 32bit TGA 1024x1024 file, a JPG-screenshot and the txt-file.

Using the old submission form I get the following error:

decal - PS2_Decal_NewModelArmy.zip
    Image file: Decal_NewModelArmy_001.TGA is not of resolution: 256x256. Identified resolution: 1024x1024 Expected files are: 1 Submission Text file (.txt), 1 Screenshot (.jpg), 1 Texture file (.tga 256x256 32bit).

Using the new submission form it is:

decal - PS2_Decal_NewModelArmy.zip Zip file PS2_Decal_NewModelArmy.zip must include at most 4 files. Found 5 files. Expected files are: 1 Submission Text file (.txt), 1 Screenshot (.jpg), 1 Texture file (.tga 256x256 32bit).

Do I really have to reduce the image size to 256x256? This forum and the information on the website suggested 1024x1024. I also tried zip-files with new file-names.

Any idea what to do?

[SOLVED]

I reduced the image size to 256x256 and used the "old submit form" an now it is accepted as "valid"
  10. Deezy New Member

So, just to make sure, you CANNOT upload 1024 x 1024 32 bit .tga file any more for decals, It HAS to be 256 x 256. Is this correct?
  11. TurboThoger New Member

@Deezy: correct! At least thats what solved it so that I could upload my logo decal

Just a short question: the satus of my decal is still on "Valid" for more than 8 weeks now...is that normal? Still a chance it might be in the game soon?
  12. Syrah Developer

That is normal. It is currently taking 3-6 months to get an outfit logo into the game. Sorry about that.
  13. TurboThoger New Member

ok, thx for the information - I will try to be patient :)
  14. TheInvisiableMan New Member

when submitting it repeatedly says "File Planetside2InvisDecal.zip could not be unzipped."

-also what sise is it 1024 or 256? - ive done both- submited both still fails.
  15. Syrah Developer

Please give it a different name and try again. Someone probably used that name once. You cannot submit twice with the same name. Always add a number and change it each time you submit.
  16. TurboThoger New Member

It`s been 6 months now since submission - but nothing happened... The Status is still on "valid" Is there any chance that some progress could be made in the coming days?