Work process

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by 10shi_Voodoo, Sep 4, 2015.

1. 10shi_Voodoo New Member

Hey Guys,

Been keeping an eye on all your guys wonderful creations and colour me impressed.

Just wanted to know your guys work process to get best result. For example, do you think it's a long way round to start in Zbrush (cause I'm comfortable with fluid organic modelling tools in that program) to build the helmet and then Retopo the helmet and transition into something like Blender?

Cause I did a light test on the models import with Cinema 4D, applied the textures -> I could not for the life of me get the E-Emmissive texture to glow at all. I didn't know if that was that was just because I was using C4D and Not Blender?

Thanks for the advice in advance.
  2. Fuzz Active Member

sketch -> low poly. doesnt really matter how you sketch i use pen and paper, many use zbrush or sculpting stuff, then bring it down to low poly in blender or max.

UV1 handles litreally everything but normal and camo scale, so the area used on that applies emmissive, detail or camo
  3. binarycoder Member

I do sketch to low poly too, but if you're already familiar with zbrush, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea.

I recommend blender personally, mostly because that's what everyone uses, so if you run into a problem, it's easier to get help.