Questions about item submission

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Archangel, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Archangel New Member

When I submit an item to Player Studio (here https://player-studio.daybreakgames.com/authenticated/submit) do I still need to include a .txt file, a screenshot, and the .tga file in the .zip file? Because I have submitted two items with JUST the .tga file in the .zip and they were valid. After reading up some more and thinking I discovered that I was supposed to include 3 files inside the .zip I submitted my next item with the screenshot, text, and .tga image file all together inside the .zip folder, and the item was invalid. I resubmitted it again, still invalid. Soooooo am I not supposed to have all 3 requested files in the zip folder?

If so, then why is my submission invalid?

If not, then why does everything say to include them?
  2. Syrah Developer

It depends on which method you are using and which category. In general, put them all in the .ZIP file if you are using the old method. In general, leave the screenshot outside and don't include any .TXT file if you are using the new method. The web form replaces the .TXT file on the new method.
  3. Archangel New Member

Thanks, that's exactly the answer I was looking for! I was submitting decals using the new method, but was confused on whether or not all files still needed to be included in the zip.
  4. Red7 New Member

My submissions keep coming up as invalid. I have the tga file at 256 x 256 32 bit, and a txt file that I created with notepad in the zip folder. The screenshot is separate and saved as a jpeg.

this is the response I get.

decal - Planetside2_Decal_Witch.zip
    Zip file Planetside2_Decal_Witch.zip must include 1 Submission text file with extension .txt.

Expected files are: 1 Submission Text file (.txt), 1 Screenshot (.jpg), 1 Texture file (.tga 256x256 32bit).

I dont get it....what am I doing wrong?
  5. MunkeyDe Member

Hi all,

I'm submitting using the new method and using the player studio app. I can't seem to figure out how to put both models in the app the L0 of less than 1000 triangles and the L1 of less than 500 triangles. I can only seem to put one model at a time. How do I place both in the app?