Questions about submitting from the UK

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Warterton, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Warterton New Member

Okay, so basically, I can't submit???

When I try to start the tax forms it says I need a VAT registration number. I signed up for a VAT number at HMRC's website.

A day later I get an email from them saying that my VAT application has been rejected on the grounds that I won't be making enough money essentially.

I've heard people say that you can just submit as a sole trader without a VAT number, but how do I do this??

Are there any British guys on here that could help me out on how to get submitting without a VAT registration number?

<3
  2. Syrah Developer

3. Warterton New Member

Oh wow, sorry for wasting your time Syrah!

I went full dumb, thought I 'had' to fill in the VAT registration number! Didn't realise I could just leave it blank!

Thanks for the help man!
  4. Warterton New Member

Ok, now I'm having some trouble again :/.

I paid the one time fee for the tax forms and my browser crashed. The payment went through and I got the email with my registration code.

However, now when I try to sign in to the 'Electronics IRS Tax Form Certification' page, it says 'No data in our system' when I enter my name and registration code. What's going on?? Does the process need to be reset or something?
  5. Syrah Developer

Yeah, email me. Can't do that part over the forums.
  6. Warterton New Member

I've emailed you. Still saying there's no data in the system when I try to log in D: