TR MAX Helmet: EX-Tera

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by binarycoder, Aug 18, 2015.

1. binarycoder Member

So since MAX helmets are a thing, here's the base for one that I've been wanting to do for a while.

[IMG]

Obviously based on space helmets, bit of Alien and whatnot. Still planning detail, this is basically just to make sure the shape will fit.
  2. Fuzz Active Member

too bulbous tbh
  3. binarycoder Member

The problem is those big collar things. Assuming I can deal with the clipping, is this a bit more proportionate?

[IMG]
  4. Fuzz Active Member

yep, still got the line on the front though, youll want it smooth.

also i need to get my stuff worked on, im also working on a very spherical max hat ;/
  5. Steveo Member

very starcraft :p
  6. binarycoder Member

Alright, think it fits better now.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
  7. binarycoder Member

Also here it is with the head in it for fun.

[IMG]
  8. binarycoder Member

Trying to decide on a material for the dome.

[IMG]
  9. Ascythian Member

10. binarycoder Member

I can kinda see it, but I think this still fits the current TR style I did try to differentiate it a bit though.

[IMG]

The gold is my current front runner, but the other options might fit better.
  11. binarycoder Member

Some people on reddit wanted a skull version.
    [IMG]

Also open (my personal favorite)

[IMG]
  12. Shotgun Member

The open visor is pretty cool, I'd slide it down just a tad more tho. Skull is a no go IMHO.
  13. JerreyRough Member

The only issue with the open visor is that the current MAX suits don't actually have any head at all, I remember seeing a dev say that a while back, there's only the helmet and nothing underneath.

I like this helmet, heck I was gunna do something like this myself xD. Not sure about the skull version though, needs more work. Looks too generic right now.
  14. binarycoder Member

Chatted with bill on twitter. He said that the TR and NC look decent with heads, but not VS. Basically he told me to submit it and they'll see what they can do.

And yeah, thinking I'm gonna drop the skull.
  15. FiresideWizard New Member

I like this helmet. It evokes the same feeling as a Terran Marine, which I dig. Now we just need to beef the shoulder armor up a bit. :)
  16. Fuzz Active Member

the skull could work but youd need to improve it. like atm the skull looked a little low poly. also the bit that slots into the front of the maxes armour could do with a polish imo.