Vanguard Turret - Pike

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by Lobstrex, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Lobstrex Member

Can you confirm the blue texture sheet is the correct one, or is the gray one correct?
  2. Lobstrex Member

3. Lobstrex Member

Oh, and just asking (I don't want to start yet another thread), are turrets that 'modify' the default turret okay? Im thinking of doing a Vanny turret with some spaced armour (similar to what's seen here) [IMG]
  4. Lobstrex Member

What about faction colouring? Does it need some of the blue/yellow striping seen on the hull of the Vanguard? If not, ima say this is done.
  5. Lobstrex Member

Still need an answer to the above.
  6. TramellRayIsaac Senior Art Director

looks like you have a t vert right in the middle of that mesh. you need to sharpen up the middle of the turret, its getting kinda mushy
  7. Lobstrex Member

Gotcha, thanks for the feedback.
  8. Lobstrex Member

9. TramellRayIsaac Senior Art Director

10. Lobstrex Member

The exhausts, yeah.
  11. TramellRayIsaac Senior Art Director

12. Lobstrex Member

You da boss
  13. eldarfalcongravtank Member

perfect as it is! dont add anything else, it looks awesome
  14. Lobstrex Member

Final version? (I kinda like the smoke stacks, but will probably end up removing them). Tightened up the top area, optimized texture density as well as poly density in certain areas.

[IMG][IMG]http://p3d.in/dGmvT

Ps: How will I know when submissions are open?
  15. nubery Member

I'm really liking the direction this is going. Does it have a top hatch? If so it needs to be more pronounced. I see it has a view port but I can't tell if there's a hatch.

Also the connection of the cannon to the turret seems bland. Perhaps cover it in cloth or another shape?
  16. Lobstrex Member

[IMG]Any better?
  17. Ender357 Member

btw, T-Ray was annoyed with your reintroduction of the exhaust stacks.........might want to take them off
  18. Lobstrex Member

Planning on leaving this for now and concentrating on my Destroyer Turret using the lessons I've learned this this one.
  19. eldarfalcongravtank Member

the exhaust stacks ruin it. it was PERFECT before. i adore this turret! superb work! (and this is coming from a vanu tanker who is usually fighting vanguards)
  20. Lobstrex Member

I dunno man, the turret just doesn't look right to me, I'll submit anyway (minus the stacks obviously), but I don't think it'll get past the submitted stage.