Initial sketch for a NC helmet

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by Shotgun, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Shotgun Member

First off, hi to you all! :)

This is my first try at a PS2 helmet, I think it might be too "round" to follow the NC characteristics? I thought I just get something posted so that I can start getting some feedback from you guys. I've looked through pretty much all the helmet threads here on the forum and i gotta say, there are some awesome artists here. Keep up the good work :)

PS: Obviously I haven't started on the top of the piece yet.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  2. Ambitious_Nomad Member

Welcome to the forum Shotgun. You have a solid start. Can't wait to see where you take it.
  3. Nicococo Active Member

looking nice :)
  4. Shockwave44 Member

If you put your hand over the top of the head, the rest looks like NC.
  5. Zulthus Member

Looks great, getting a MAX helmet vibe from it.
  6. Carter Member

[IMG]

Words cannot describe how much I love this helmet simply because it looks like Bebop. Make a set with Rocksteady.
  7. McFluff Active Member

Solid. nice job
  8. MangoPunch Member

Looks great. It may be round at the top, but no more than the default NC helmets so I think you'll be okay there.
    • Like x 1
  9. nubery Member

Very nice.
  10. Deadmon Tell'Em Member

Very solid, I think the 'brow' of the goggles needs to be a little more forward/leaning / aggressive.

Functionally speaking it also cuts out total peripheral vision which is a killer for soldiers, consider some angled corners or windows?
  11. TramellRayIsaac Senior Art Director

anything new on this?
  12. Shotgun Member

I've made a couple of changes and started on the low poly model. I'm probably better off showing you those changes on the zbrush sketch, before I do any furhter low poly modeling. So I'll make sure to post that within the next couple of days.
  13. Shotgun Member

I'm experimenting on that now, after I got your suggestion. Thx for the feedback it's greatly appreciated :)
  14. Shotgun Member

Thx buddy! :) Sorry for the late reply, crazy week!
  15. Shotgun Member

Thx, that makes me happy :)
  16. Shotgun Member

Hehe, I can totally understand that ref.
  17. JerreyRough Member

P-p-p-penta post!

You can click Reply on each post to have multiple replies all in the same post Shotgun.

As for the post itself, I've got nothing to add atm. Looking good to me.
  18. Shotgun Member

Ah! Thx for that :)