NC SpartanCorp Helmet

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by DwunkyPengy, Sep 25, 2013.

1. DwunkyPengy New Member

:eek: that's actually what I decided to do :)

3D View

[IMG]
  2. TramellRayIsaac Senior Art Director

need to add something to the neck now
  3. DwunkyPengy New Member

Your comments sound so calculated o_O I'll make some magic happen :D
  4. Battleballs Member

Phew boy, you could make a slide show off all the changes you've made.
  5. DwunkyPengy New Member

woooh, got a little busy with work but had some free time today :p

3D VIEW

[IMG]
  6. nubery Member

I'm loving it. The neck may be a bit too 'heavy' but it's a step in the right direction.
  7. TramellRayIsaac Senior Art Director

check the GEO on your crest, top down, very woobly
  8. nubery Member

Just a thought. What about lowing that visor armor in the middle of the T down to about half way, or even slightly below the -- so that there's a slight amount of glass forming a T shape again? I think it'd look nice.
  9. DwunkyPengy New Member

Did a fair amount of clean up, still have a bit to go including the insides however I had one question. I saw that the helmet needed to be "water tight" is this implying that each piece needs to have its verts welded together or that it simply needs to be closed off? Cutting in more edges for things such as the star will increase the poly count a bit.

3D View

[IMG]
  10. Nicococo Active Member

this is looking great :D It needs to be closed off and you could just add a neck sock there in the open area, if you want. You could leave it the way it is now beacuse it still looks cool. CoffeeOutlaw's ape helm has no necksock and it was accepted.
  11. Locke New Member

I preferred it with the metal grille mouth piece over the glass in the center as it was before. The new iteration looks unbalanced to me with a big flat piece of glass in the center.

Honestly I hope you change it back because I think it was already the finished article it just needed cleaning up. I posted it on my outfits forums in it's previous version and it got a lot of positive feedback. ;)
  12. McFluff Active Member

imo, u shud take out the vent stuff on visor, leave it all as relatively smooth glass or whatever, no vent stuff
  13. PYROxSYCO Member

make the the Mohawk taller (height) wise, make the eye holes bit taller and remove the vent on the T part of the front
  14. DwunkyPengy New Member

:p

Good to hear that it's getting positive feedback, I'm going to be getting on a plane early morning so later tomorrow I will get this closed up and re UV'd and possibly submitted.

I'm trepidatious about raising the mohawk as I feel that it would break the NS style, as for the rest of it, those are great suggestions! however, I am quite happy with it the way it is unless T-Ray shoots it down :p

:D---And T-Ray---:D
    Do I need to apply a smoothing group on this, or are you guys able to do that if you approve the model? :eek:

[IMG]
  15. Nicococo Active Member

You apply the smooth group yourself and the dev team might modifiy it.
  16. nubery Member

Yeah after seeing the comparison I'm liking the - visor over the T shape.
  17. monk1junk1 New Member

One of the coolest helmets I've seen. I like it far better than the current newest batch of NC helmets. It manages to pull of a definitive nod to a spartan helmet without being a cut and paste, it's its own thing. I especially like the fact that it is connected to the neck rather than leaving it open. If I were in battle there is no way in hell I'd leave my neck open. I really like the watertight look, but given the poly count a scarf could be cool. However that would not fit this helmet, so keep as is :)

The ONLY possible change I can think of is extending the fin THE TINIEST bit. However, I think that could make it less unique so it's probably best as is. Scratch that, It's real nice. Can't wait to give you my MUNNNEEZ!

EDIT: Looking at the pics again, and I cannot stress enough how excited I am to own this baby in a few months!
  18. DeadliestMoon Member

Well seeing as how you said, "I like it far better than the current newest batch of NC helmets" instead of, "this is better than all of the newest NC helmets" I won't proceed to flame the crap out of you. But yeah the helmets looks good.
  19. cjbuege New Member

I love this design. Can't wait to see it in my crosshairs ;)
  20. B1ackops Member

I'm thoroughly impressed man, you came a long way on this helm, took lots of little pieces of advice and molded it into a pretty BA helm.