Dragon Scales Camo

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by FlyingFerret, Aug 9, 2013.

1. FlyingFerret New Member

So since my last camo, I decided to upgrade from paint and downloaded Photoshop CS2 which of course has been much better and while trying to learn how to use it I made this Dragon Scale Camo. As always any feedback would be great and I look forward to your comments.

[IMG]
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 1
  2. MasterMagnus Active Member

Hah, what a great concept. Very nice!
  3. FlyingFerret New Member

Quick update:

First of all I realised that it looks much better when tiled more:
    [IMG]

Then seeing that a several camos were getting through with 4 colours I decided to try out a few different patterns with an extra colour:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Personally I am inclined to prefer the second but some feedback would be greatly appreciated.
  4. Mezinov Member

I personally think the third looks best, but would tweak it so that the bright-to-dark is a bit more "randomized". Creates a bit more texture to me.

As an aside, in your greyscale image what are you using for the fourth color value? The expected being 0%, 50%, and 100%. Are you using 25% and 75%? I ask because I personally feel most camos require four-color complexity to be truly effective.
  5. FlyingFerret New Member

I'm using 30% and 65% which seems to be what the camos, that have been accepted, with 4 colours are using.
  6. NightFall998 Member

Pretty Cool! don't we already have a scales camo in game though? the membership one?
  7. FlyingFerret New Member

That's a good point we have this camo but I don't think there is any kind of faction specific one.

[IMG]
  8. Anam Member

and I think of these as fish scales too :) Totally different type of scales
  9. TramellRayIsaac Senior Art Director

too similar to the scales we have in game.. try a different pattern
  10. FlyingFerret New Member

[IMG]
  11. Nicococo Active Member

looks awesome!
  12. FlyingFerret New Member

Unfortunately it's not mine.